Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

You'd be surprised. I was growing in a cabinet and by lowing my intake fan from the middle to the bottom it dropped my temps under 400W CFL's by 10c or so.

My plants are tough girls so they managed but it did make a big improvement in growth by lowering the temp that bit.

Pic before I moved it:

420-magazine-mobile901685783.jpg

Pic after:

420-magazine-mobile377468421.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1597509598.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573052570.jpg

Those little screw in LED's are great little low wattage lights especially in veg for seedlings and small clones. Really helps prevent stretch that some strains get with CFL as all that light shines directly down.

But I wasn't .

Running the box at the moment and all things being equal, with the same settings that gave me 86-87 F yesterday, lowering the intake only raised the temps by a degree. Up to 88-89 F

Bummer. Maybe attach some duct to it to pull air in from a colder area? Or if you've got another pc fan leave one at the bottom and add another in the middle?

Those little screw in LED's are great little low wattage lights especially in veg for seedlings and small clones. Really helps prevent stretch that some strains get with CFL as all that light shines directly down.

They seemed to like it a lot as babies. I'm now using it in my PC case build for seedlings as it done a good job.

Bummer. Maybe attach some duct to it to pull air in from a colder area? Or if you've got another pc fan leave one at the bottom and add another in the middle?
Do not have such area. Also a duct like that would blow the concept of stealth grow :)

Shall try and put a glass screen tonight, and see how that changes things. It worked very well with CFL's, lowering temps by 7-8 degrees.

Anyway, I can use those boards at half the output and still it would be a decent upgrade giving me more than double amount of light I had with CFL's. The only thing I will do is calculate and add resistance instead of using PWM dimming. This will help extend the lifespan of the setup.

So, nothing helps :) with half the output I can consistantly operate at 86-87 F at the optimal distance from the board for maximum light. However, everything inside, gets hot 4" below the QB I put a few fake cannabis leaves, made from green paper, and they got 100 F hot I know they can cool down a bit by evaporating, but still... 100... Guess I will have to just pop a bean and see what happens

Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

The boards should be more efficient at lower watts anyhow and will improve the watt per gram ratio hopefully.

The boards should be more efficient at lower watts anyhow and will improve the watt per gram ratio hopefully.
Yep, you're right. BUT... I could not care less about grams per watt. It is grams per area, or grams per volume of grow space that I am interested in because, let's be honest, it is a hobby grow, and I won't go broke using 100W and getting same 25 grams and if LED only improves the gram per watt (which is quite obvious, as LED emmits more light at less watts) and not gram per grow space, then I will be in a loss of an amount of two LED board cost

Grams per area/volume of grow space will be entirely up to the genetics and your method of training Katins, however even then - it is still dependent on the amount of light, which is absolutely relative to the power being used. The reason grams per watt is important is because whether you have wall to wall dense colas or not - these boards by default will most definitely optimize and maximize the potential production and yield at a whole different magnitude relative to CFL's.

Can't wait to see what the glass does for temps. If you for whatever reason cannot get temps low enough, just supplement CO2 and be sure to add an enzyme/hydroguard to your feed schedule.

Super excited to see your micro-growery go nuclear, I predict fore-arm size buds in the near future for your Katins!!

Ppfd comes I to play as well as Watts with these boards. The difference is the light will make all the difference in your grow space. If you have 10x10 and only 500 Watts you're not looking at 1000 grams. The more space you have the more light you can cram in there, the bigger the harvest! Are you going with the quantum boards? Lucky bastard!

Grams per area/volume of grow space will be entirely up to the genetics and your method of training Katins, however even then - it is still dependent on the amount of light, which is absolutely relative to the power being used. The reason grams per watt is important is because whether you have wall to wall dense colas or not - these boards by default will most definitely optimize and maximize the potential production and yield at a whole different magnitude relative to CFL's.

Can't wait to see what the glass does for temps. If you for whatever reason cannot get temps low enough, just supplement CO2 and be sure to add an enzyme/hydroguard to your feed schedule.

Super excited to see your micro-growery go nuclear, I predict fore-arm size buds in the near future for your Katins!!
I understand that it is strain dependent. All things being equal, it is still grams per MY grow box is all I am interested System must be balanced. Just throwing more light may cause me more issues hence less yield. And vice versa. And if for my setup the balance point would be on the CFL side, I would say I lost the gamble with LED
Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see that QB are definitely an upgrade. But it pisses me off that for the buck spent I can't use their full potential. And even at half the output I need to battle the temps. And lowering the output slightly more, I am getting real close to the Lux that I had with CFL. CFL gave me around 20-25k Lux, and LED at half the output is giving me around 40-45k Lux and a decent battle wih temp.
I have 10 WW fem seeds, I may carry out an experiment CFL vs LED If I'm in a mood

Ppfd comes I to play as well as Watts with these boards. The difference is the light will make all the difference in your grow space. If you have 10x10 and only 500 Watts you're not looking at 1000 grams. The more space you have the more light you can cram in there, the bigger the harvest! Are you going with the quantum boards? Lucky bastard!
Haha, how come I am lucky? :) Can't you just order them online? :)

I have 10 WW fem seeds, I may carry out an experiment CFL vs LED If I'm in a mood .

Now that's lucky! 10 WW seeds . I'd feel lucky to have 1. Can't buy new seeds yet bc all my extra cash is going towards outdoor garden set up. A white widow has to be in my future somewhere...

When are you planning to drop your next seed K?

Now that's lucky! 10 WW seeds . I'd feel lucky to have 1. Can't buy new seeds yet bc all my extra cash is going towards outdoor garden set up. A white widow has to be in my future somewhere...

When are you planning to drop your next seed K?

Haha, yeah, had a chance to stock up, so I made it count
Not sure about the seed. Might be this Sunday morning that I start soaking. But I still have to add a resistance to the wiring of the QB in order to avoid dimming. I can do it later though.. I am lazy...

Back
Top Bottom