Katins's White Widow LED Micro Grow #3

End of week 2

She is shooting her 5th node and prearing the 6th one. But somehow she is very flimsy. Seems like the soil can't hold her erect. She wobbles around and can bend up to 45 degrees. Any ideas anyone?

:hmmmm: Hmmm ... usually I would say get a little fan blowing on it, but you don’t really have the space do you ?

Silica and calcium are the things for structural strength in terms of nutes... but it’s too early to suggest there’s any lack or deficiencies going on.

My intake fan does that. And it is at the very base where she is unstable, a bit below surface. Stem is nice and strong and everything is cool, just can't stand on her feet :)
Added some soil and a support, see how it turns out.

Well, soil and support for now, will think again if that does not work. :)
I planted her in the final pot, so it was no water for a long period. Soil top was dry, so no roots developed there. Soil is light, hence the wobble. That is my theory.

... do you have something like mycorrhizae ...

Ordered some of that. The label says it is meant for blooming plants, and that it makes buds bigger and yada yada.. :) figured it may be helpful in my, at times stresfull, growing conditions. Will see how it goes. The only con is that I am using synthetic nutes, and this stuff, supposedly, does not like big amounts of that.

Oh - and beneficial watered in at anytime too, just particularly so at transplant :)

I'll poke a few holes and water it in :)
Regarding it being dedicaterd for blooming plants, well, this company has a good reputation. And they also have a department where they scientifically decelop their products. So I tens to believe the label :) they also have mycos for pinophyta, ericacae and a few others.
Might be just marketing. But as long as the price is the same and any mycos are still beneficial, who cares.. lol

I’m the same K. The tent is right in my walking pathway so I tend to look nearly every time I pass. I don’t think the novelty will ever wear off.

Evening to you, and you too Smeegol - I haven’t seen you around much!
:passitleft:

Top of the morning to you ms.Amy how you doing, I havent been round much have I .....lol
I was just over to visit you cpl minutes back....hahaha. I am very well thank you for asking just been very all over the place now that it is legal to grow and consume on your own property.

I originally started growing bout a year before it became legal and I want to do oils and such for mysel and my sis in law who has Crohn's disease. I also have met some very like minded folk here at home over that time who are more open and helpful like the support network and family that my :420::green_heart: family I have here but have never met. I belong to local forums here at home and have made some wonderful friends who I thought I would never meet..... Tuesday's judgement changed all that and now my folk I've only ever spoken to via social media are planning meet ups in their respective provinces on privately owned land and such....haha

And the options of trade and barter of clones/seeds is phenomenal all of a sudden, there are those that charge but others offer freely all they ask is postage.$ which is about $10...:laugh:

It is just truly mind blowing how many most amazingly like minded folk have just blossomed out the forest literally......:love:

Good afternoon mr.Katins sorry for the long reply to ms.Amy but it's been a helluva freedom this last week to us here at home.. I can grow legally at home now ......lol. It's the most bizarre notion that my brains ever had to process....haha. I can't tell you how we laughed and cried it was hilarious the country came to an absolute standstill at 10am on Tuesday morning when they handed the ruling down...haha

If I may suggest if you are still worried about her being a bit wobbly cut a 1/4 off a toilet roll off and then cut that ring open to place around your stem creating height and then fill that with your soil creating a stable base and you can water around it......

Hey Smeegs! Like I said in your journal, I am green with envy... :) and so happy for you. And so frustrated at the same time as nothing even close to that is even remotely in "our" plans...
Regarding the plant, she is OK now. The stem has at least quadrupled in diameter so she is fine from now on. Growing like crazy. I have never seen leaf stems so thick so early in the grow.

It's the most bizarre notion that my brains ever had to process....haha. I can't tell you how we laughed and cried it was hilarious the country came to an absolute standstill at 10am on Tuesday morning when they handed the ruling down...ha

:cheer::circle-of-love::cheer:

End of week 3

I topped her at the 6th node. Watered, and added the mycos. Ready to be surprised now.. :ganjamon:

:thumb:

:love:
:popcorn:

I am having second thoughts on mycos already... up until now there were 1 or 2 gnats a week that I had to kill. And today, after 24 hours since ading mycos, I had to improvise a genocide... killed like 10-15 gnats. Can't be a coincidence. Now wondering if the pros surpass the cons.

Back
Top Bottom