Katins's White Widow LED Micro Grow #3

How does that work?
It's a vacuum chamber, if you ask that :)
If quality wise, than could be better. I estimated it between 200 and 400 mm/Hg. Very rough estimation, as I poured some hot water which I estimated that it can't be cooler than 175 and hotter than 195 and brought it to boiling.

I just want to see if it works, vacuum pumps are expensive.
It works with shaving foam and baloons :) will try it with soda and pancake dough today.
This whole "chamber" cost me $4 :)
However, if you manage to salvage an old fridge, or dehumidifier there is a compressor verry well suited for this purpose inside them. And other parts, such as cookie jar or silicone gasket are cheap. The only expensive part is a vacuum gauge, wich would set you off around $50

A little update on the vacuum pump.
It degassed my soda, then pushed all the bubbles out of my tap water. No vigorous bubbling like in soda case though. I think it will be a handy device for sure. Tomorrow I shall try to use a 20 ml syringe instead of 50 ml one and see if it can create even more vacuum pressure. And if it works, maybe use them in combination like 50 ml for the begining, and 10 ml when the 50 ml and 20 ml fails. Will see tomorrow :)

Well, not sure about that root, but this clone had a lot on its plate, so probably can overcome this as well... :)

Regarding the smaller syringe for vacuum "chamber"... well it did not work.. lol It has to, in theory, however my syringe was just too short to create enough volume.

Also here is an unplanned update, since I may not be able to make one tomorrow. And I was inside there bending and tying anyway :)

Tape her up real good and you'll be surprised.
Tough job. Very tiny branch at an ugly spot :) it snapped at the very base, marked in red. Will try to come up with some sort of solution. For now I left her upwards with no training.

Can't really, at least without risking breaking another one nearby :)
Will leave it like that, survival of the fittest mode.. :)
Anyway looking at her I am thinking about topping her at the third node next time, snapping off the lowest two branches and doing something that @Planter420 was doing to his :) loved seeing the shape his plants were taking.

Yeah, actually I did. Not in depth though. Remember myself thinking it may take too long, but now that I see myself veging for 8 weeks I am starting to have second thougts. :) Next run I plan to attempt and squeeze Durban Poison in my box. Might be a good method to try.

Back
Top Bottom