Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Last night before super cropping. I’ll post the super cropped pics this evening

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8630.jpeg

Super crop on the quad. I’ve got space to work with on the manifold, the untopped plants have been curved over. I don’t have much space to fit my phone to take clear images. Once the buds begin building it will be easier to see what is what in the jungle.

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8637.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg

Super crop on the quad. I’ve got space to work with on the manifold, the untopped plants have been curved over. I don’t have much space to fit my phone to take clear images. Once the buds begin building it will be easier to see what is what in the jungle.

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8637.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg
Oh that bonecracker sound😩🤣

Oh that bonecracker sound😩🤣

No cracks, that’s such a horrific sound that makes me want to scrap the whole plant. However, our ladies here can bounce back from almost anything if you treat their roots right.

You gotta work em real slowly. If the branches/stem have started hardening you’ve gotta work it in 5 or 6 spots at least to ease it down. If you run your hands along the stem/branches you’ll feel all the spots she wants worked down slowly, she’ll tell you if you touch her right.

It’s my fault, I knew this was going to happen and I did it anyway trying to prove a point. I proved that you don’t need anything other than a handful of all purpose and some good quality soil to grow massive, healthy, all natural plants. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve shot myself in the foot to prove a point 😂

No cracks, that’s such a horrific sound that makes me want to scrap the whole plant. However, our ladies here can bounce back from almost anything if you treat their roots right.

You gotta work em real slowly. If the branches/stem have started hardening you’ve gotta work it in 5 or 6 spots at least to ease it down. If you run your hands along the stem/branches you’ll feel all the spots she wants worked down slowly, she’ll tell you if you touch her right.

It’s my fault, I knew this was going to happen and I did it anyway trying to prove a point. I proved that you don’t need anything other than a handful of all purpose and some good quality soil to grow massive, healthy, all natural plants. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve shot myself in the foot to prove a point 😂
hehe you do know Einsteins definition of insanity right🤣🤣

Just wanna show everyone that space is not an excuse to not compost. Here’s a shot of my worm bin sitting in a corner

IMG_8657.jpeg

If you have a corner you have space for a worm bin. It doesn’t smell at all either, if you do it correctly. Then you have a steady supply of worms, high quality castings, and your own recycler.

Just wanna show everyone that space is not an excuse to not compost. Here’s a shot of my worm bin sitting in a corner

IMG_8657.jpeg

If you have a corner you have space for a worm bin. It doesn’t smell at all either, if you do it correctly. Then you have a steady supply of worms, high quality castings, and your own recycler.

I have a vege patch and it is overflowing with worms. I actually pick the worms out of my soil when I’m potting up. I can’t stand the thought of them caged and strangled in a pot.

And Keff, work boots are my jam and I’m not even joking. Nothing sexier than a man with calloused hands in work boots.

IMG_5428.jpeg

I have a vege patch and it is overflowing with worms. I actually pick the worms out of my soil when I’m potting up. I can’t stand the thought of them caged and strangled in a pot.

I live in a rental home on the border with Detroit. I wouldn’t subject worms to that just yet. Currently I have my composter running outside to prepare for the raised garden bed. Then I will begin unleashing the worms from my bin. I will have a worm factory indoors producing a bunch of worms I will release into the environment to enrich everything from the garden bed out.

And Keff, work boots are my jam and I’m not even joking. Nothing sexier than a man with calloused hands in work boots.

IMG_5428.jpeg

Thank you. Those boots have seen dirt all over the world. I need new ones but I’m attached to them, they got me through a lot. My hands have been rough for longer than they haven’t.

The flowers are bouncing back. First time I’ve seen them bloom in a few years. I’ll trim them up once they’ve finished

IMG_8658.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg

Then I will begin unleashing the worms from my bin. I will have a worm factory indoors producing a bunch of worms I will release into the environment to enrich everything from the garden bed out.
Earth worms are typically different from composting worms so don't be surprised if they don't thrive outside of their cushy inside environs. But, even if they don't make it they will add goodness to the soil as they decay. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning Kefflowers!

What a beautiful garden you have! There’s so much colour and vibrancy I’m going to give you a Hall Pass on the very obvious weeding that is needed under your roses lol!

🌹🌼🌸🌹🌼🌸🌹🌼🌸

Earth worms are typically different from composting worms so don't be surprised if they don't thrive outside of their cushy inside environs. But, even if they don't make it they will add goodness to the soil as they decay. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’ll be starting them off in a bottomless compost bin I have. They’ll get to work in there and I’m hoping will find their way through the bottom to the yard. If nothing else, the compost bin will leech goodness into the ground and fertility should permeate outward.

Worms aren’t absent from the area so it’s already a much easier task than I originally assumed. Very heavy slug presence though, which makes me suspect the yard is tilted more toward fungus than bacteria

Good morning Kefflowers!

Good afternoon!

What a beautiful garden you have! There’s so much colour and vibrancy I’m going to give you a Hall Pass on the very obvious weeding that is needed under your roses lol!

🌹🌼🌸🌹🌼🌸🌹🌼🌸

Thank you! It took me a few years to coax the blooms out of them. I was going to chop them down this year if they didn’t flower, they must be listening to me. They also watched me chop their sister down to her ankles so maybe they got the hint.

Lol about the weeds. I actually said out loud to myself “fuck those weeds”. Of course I only said it because I ran out of mulch and I have no intention of actually leaving them there 😂

Growing up yo. I can clearly remember a time when I would’ve never taken a picture of flowers, let alone spend my time, energy, and money to grow them. I don’t know how something that was so boring became so exciting but here we are 😂

The flowers are bouncing back. First time I’ve seen them bloom in a few years. I’ll trim them up once they’ve finished

IMG_8658.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg
I'd take off that plastic stuff from around the roses and replace it with compost and mulch every autumn
Peonies are fabulous flowers but they need support - it is better to pinch out the tips when they are 6" tall to make a bushier plant with more, smaller flowers which are just as beautiful but don't need supporting
The Campanula along the back fence will self-seed, so I give mine a little side-to-side shake when they finish so the seeds go sideways into the bed instead of your lawn

I love my garden

Growing up yo. I can clearly remember a time when I would’ve never taken a picture of flowers, let alone spend my time, energy, and money to grow them. I don’t know how something that was so boring became so exciting but here we are 😂
Omg I know! I used to get so excited about late nights, a sequin dress and a line of coke. Now I’m all about an early night, flannelette pyjamas and a good bowel motion.

Lolling.

I love my garden too.

I'd take off that plastic stuff from around the roses and replace it with compost and mulch every autumn
Peonies are fabulous flowers but they need support - it is better to pinch out the tips when they are 6" tall to make a bushier plant with more, smaller flowers which are just as beautiful but don't need supporting
The Campanula along the back fence will self-seed, so I give mine a little side-to-side shake when they finish so the seeds go sideways into the bed instead of your lawn

I love my garden

Awesome, this was my exact plan. My family friend/landlord seems to know gardening concepts but applies them in the weirdest ways. I told him to leave the yard alone and I’ll handle it. He was skeptical until the flowers bloomed and I fixed the compost bin.

I told him Ive got 2 more bushes I’m putting in. All I want is cuttings when I leave, the yard makes me feel better, plus he’s a decent person, no need to stick it to him. He hasn’t raised the rent in 6 years so I don’t mind beautifying. I’ve already laid new carpet on the porch and in the living room, laid new tile and caulked the bathroom, do all the maintenance, got it inspection ready, and am in the middle of repainting inside with bolder warmer colors.

I’m a dream tenant because I can’t stand having other people in my home, especially doing things I’m more than capable of doing 😂

Omg I know! I used to get so excited about late nights, a sequin dress and a line of coke. Now I’m all about an early night, flannelette pyjamas and a good bowel motion.

Lolling.

I love my garden too.

😂😂😂

Man I love clockwork BMs. I get it out of the way first thing in the morning and the day just starts right. I also remember going on a three day binge and walking 20 miles home barefoot from the middle of the city. Life is such a wild ride, I can’t wait until a good hard candy is a highlight 😂

Ignore the background, my lattice was wrecked in a storm and I’m waiting on my panel to come in so it’s just ugly brick

IMG_8664.jpeg

However, for those with knowledge, I topped this bush down. It was on its last leg and looked rough. The green cane is growing new branches but the red and wooden are not. Should I remove those?

Back
Top Bottom