Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Flip +17. Things are finishing up stretch wise, I’d say a couple more inches over the next few days at the very most

IMG_8552.jpeg

IMG_8553.jpeg

IMG_8554.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8556.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

IMG_8560.jpeg

IMG_8559.jpeg

IMG_8558.jpeg

I posted this in the PGC main thread but here’s a shot of how it started the day I flipped my light to 12/12:

IMG_8445.jpeg

Here they are this evening, 17 days after flipping the light

IMG_8561.jpeg

Couldn’t run the males as long as I liked, one of the pods is already splitting

IMG_8563.jpeg

I’m going to pickup a small tent or cabinet to run 2 males in from now on, so I can run them to maturity without worrying about wayward pollen. I moved the males out and will collect pollen from them tomorrow afternoon. I will use that pollen to produce more Blue Thai seeds and if I’ve got enough buds maybe try pollinating one of the PGCs as well. Violet Thai Candy or something

You might consider plucking all those flowers on the azalea. Not much to look at and that will signal to the plant to get on with other things rather than trying to maintain flowers.

Evergreen, eh? Interesting. :thumb:

You might consider plucking all those flowers on the azalea. Not much to look at and that will signal to the plant to get on with other things rather than trying to maintain flowers.

Evergreen, eh? Interesting. :thumb:

So are you supposed to pluck the entire flower bud off? Is there a specific point where I’ve gone too far or haven’t gone far enough? I can’t tell where the plant flowers from yet. For example I know everywhere a cannabis bud will form before a plant is even sprouted. I don’t know the same for azaleas

If you're going to try to rejuvenate it, it's probably better if it just focuses on root and vegetative growth. Just like cloning a flowering plant, you take off the flowers so the plant doesn't spend energy on flowers, but rather roots and new vegetative growth.

Or even new tomato plants where you pluckoff the early flowers, or strawberries where many growers pluck off all first year flowers so they can build their roots.

Same concept here.

Stretch is finished on the untopped plants, they’re bud setting and pumping stigmas. It’s finishing up on the topped plants right now. The manifold grew to perfect height for the room. The quad and untopped plants got too tall.

I assaulted the crap out of the plants last night.

If you were topped you lost every bud site that isn’t the top 3 on a cola. If you were untopped you lost multiple branches and bud sites that were below the canopy.

This was done as buds were beginning to set so very little energy was spent sending resources to places that are inefficient

I had someone ask me to point out the colas a bit better so I have two pictures, one will be unedited and the other will be the same picture with lines drawn along the main stem of the untopped, and lines along the colas of the topped

IMG_8587.jpeg
IMG_8569.jpeg

Each color represents a different plant. I didn’t highlight all the colas on each plant, just enough to be able to see the differences

Everything is looking pretty lush K!!! Happy Sunday to you buddy!! Looking forward to watching these stack up!! 😎✌️

+21

The mani and quad are still putting on height. I’m not sure how I’m gonna get the branches low enough to build the colas they’re trying build. If I can’t get them lower than the light we’ll have to stay at 50% so we don’t exceed 1200 at the canopy and we’ll have to force the buds to back build as well. Back building is undesirable in such a thick canopy, it can cause issues getting enough airflow into the buds to prevent rot.

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8613.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

IMG_8617.jpeg

Drip irrigation is amazing and I highly suggest if you’re even the slightest bit handy, that you should use it. The health of the plants alone is reason enough, but being able to water my plants without spending an hour or two every day doing it is huge and is going to save me a ton of time in bloom.

All it took was:
5 gallon bucket,
2 feet of 1/2” tubing,
50 feet of 1/4” vinyl tubing,
an aquarium pump,
A handful of drip emitters and quick connectors
And Sweat because it’s ridiculously hot and humid in my grow

Do you measure the moisture levels in your soil with a meter? You're obviously not doing the wer/dry thing so what moisture level are you looking to maintain?

I do use a meter.

5 makes me happy, 4 means I need to look at adding a bit more, 7 means I can ease off slightly. Once stretch is done I’ll try for around 6-8 and see how it does.

Four out of five plants are 48 inches tall from soil level to top of the plant. The manifold is 38 inches tall and still putting on height. The plants are two inches from the light on the 48 inchers

IMG_8628.jpeg

IMG_8626.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

IMG_8624.jpeg

IMG_8623.jpeg

Your garden is looking in great health Keffka!

Thanks Stung! Healthy, happy plants are all we care about, everything else falls into place after that

Back
Top Bottom