KGB

420 Member
1.) Strain names:

A.) Pink Cookies-Genus: Indica dominate @55%

B.) Triangle Kush- Genus: Indica dominate @85%
2.) Indoor grow

3.) Hydro grow

4.) Grow medium: 50/50 (dry volume) rockwool & perlite Mykos mycorrhizal inoculant mixed into grow medium

5.) Veg tent 4’x4’x60”: Has newly planted clones (17 days since cutting), clones were rooted for 14 days then planted (clone X and rockwool cubes).

A.) Current PAR reading @ canopy 170-180

B.) Mars Hydro TS 3000 LED

C.) Temp 78F

D.) R/H 70%

E.) General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow 7-4-10 mixed with store bought water (180ppm) added nutrient to 1000ppm. 1cup of solution 2x/day

F.) PH adjusted down to 5.7-5.9

5.2) Flower Tent: 5’x5’x60” Clones rooted for 14 days then potted, plants were veg;d on a 18ht light cycle for 33 days. Currently on 3rd day of flower cycle on 12hrs cycle. Current par readings at canopy 500-700.

A.) Current PAR reading @ canopy 500-700

B.) Flexstar 645 LED

C.) Temp 84F

D.) R/H 40%

E.) General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 mixed with store bought water (180ppm) added nutrient to 1250ppm. 1ltr of solution 2x/day

7.) No visible pests

day 14 veg.jpeg

day 26 Veg.jpg

day 28.jpg

1.) Strain names:

A.) Pink Cookies-Genus: Indica dominate @55%

B.) Triangle Kush- Genus: Indica dominate @85%
2.) Indoor grow

3.) Hydro grow

4.) Grow medium: 50/50 (dry volume) rockwool & perlite Mykos mycorrhizal inoculant mixed into grow medium

5.) Veg tent 4’x4’x60”: Has newly planted clones (17 days since cutting), clones were rooted for 14 days then planted (clone X and rockwool cubes).

A.) Current PAR reading @ canopy 170-180

B.) Mars Hydro TS 3000 LED

C.) Temp 78F

D.) R/H 70%

E.) General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow 7-4-10 mixed with store bought water (180ppm) added nutrient to 1000ppm. 1cup of solution 2x/day

5.2) Flower Tent: 5’x5’x60” Clones rooted for 14 days then potted, plants were veg;d on a 18ht light cycle for 33 days. Currently on 3rd day of flower cycle on 12hrs cycle. Current par readings at canopy 500-700.

A.) Current PAR reading @ canopy 500-700

B.) Flexstar 645 LED

C.) Temp 84F

D.) R/H 40%

E.) General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 mixed with store bought water (180ppm) added nutrient to 1250ppm. 1ltr of solution 2x/day

7.) No visible pests
Looks good.
I'm with Squiggle :popcorn:
Stay safe.
Bill

I think I'm day 4 or 5 on flower cycle, first signs of pistols were noted today.
I had a couple of issues of late, 1st, went out of town recently and left the setup on auto pilot, the good news I got about 12" of growth in 5 days, bad news the ladies got way too close to the light. As I scrambled to tie the girls down a bit and switch out the light, I realized that my tap water combined with 'manufacturers recommended tsp/gal' of nutrient put my PPM over 8000 (that explains the funky leaf growth). So Now I'm relegated to commercial water runs... ahhh could always be worse...
I'm including some photos, please feel free to comment on leaf stress, Note: 1.) Leaf curl along longitudinal edges of older fan leaves, 2.) Discoloration of new growth(pale lite green, with dark veining) and ( The Peyronie bend) "J-hooking" of newer fan leaves
20211027_212516 (2).jpg
20211027_212524 (2).jpg
20211028_120853 (2).jpg
20211028_120937 (2).jpg
20211028_121006 (2).jpg

Day 5 flower Overall.jpg

Day 5 flower.jpg

Day 5 flower-first signs of flower pistol.jpg

triangle K leaf stress 10-31_Moment.jpg

I think I'm day 4 or 5 on flower cycle, first signs of pistols were noted today.
I had a couple of issues of late, 1st, went out of town recently and left the setup on auto pilot, the good news I got about 12" of growth in 5 days, bad news the ladies got way too close to the light. As I scrambled to tie the girls down a bit and switch out the light, I realized that my tap water combined with 'manufacturers recommended tsp/gal' of nutrient put my PPM over 8000 (that explains the funky leaf growth). So Now I'm relegated to commercial water runs... ahhh could always be worse...
I'm including some photos, please feel free to comment on leaf stress, Note: 1.) Leaf curl along longitudinal edges of older fan leaves, 2.) Discoloration of new growth(pale lite green, with dark veining) and ( The Peyronie bend) "J-hooking" of newer fan leaves
20211027_212516 (2).jpg
20211027_212524 (2).jpg
20211028_120853 (2).jpg
20211028_120937 (2).jpg
20211028_121006 (2).jpg

Day 5 flower Overall.jpg

Day 5 flower.jpg

Day 5 flower-first signs of flower pistol.jpg

triangle K leaf stress 10-31_Moment.jpg
Wow 8000 ppm that's crazy.
There must have been a brick in that water. :rofl:
How did that effect the ph?
Stay safe.
Bill

Wow 8000 ppm that's crazy.
There must have been a brick in that water. :rofl:
How did that effect the ph?
Stay safe.
Bill

Bill284~
High ppm in my tap water absolutely had a huge effect on ph. My local tap comes out at 7.3 ish, after I added too damn much nutrient:oops: I still had to add approx 5-7ml of ph down/gal to achieve a ph of mid high 5's. Now it seems with R/O water just the addition of nutrient's is enough to get ph into acceptable range.
On another note @Buds Buddy recommended a couple of guys @InTheShed @Blunter as knowledgeable hempy grow peeps.
After taking a tour of a decent sized commercial grow here in Phoenix recently, I noted the heavily pruned nature of the advanced flowering plants. Nothing on the bottom half and all fan leaves gone. I'm starting to trim out/clean up lower portion of plants, looking for thoughts on how far to trim up from bottom and when the best time to do so is? Now that I've started my flower cycle.

Bill284~
High ppm in my tap water absolutely had a huge effect on ph. My local tap comes out at 7.3 ish, after I added too damn much nutrient:oops: I still had to add approx 5-7ml of ph down/gal to achieve a ph of mid high 5's. Now it seems with R/O water just the addition of nutrient's is enough to get ph into acceptable range.
On another note @Buds Buddy recommended a couple of guys @InTheShed @Blunter as knowledgeable hempy grow peeps.
After taking a tour of a decent sized commercial grow here in Phoenix recently, I noted the heavily pruned nature of the advanced flowering plants. Nothing on the bottom half and all fan leaves gone. I'm starting to trim out/clean up lower portion of plants, looking for thoughts on how far to trim up from bottom and when the best time to do so is? Now that I've started my flower cycle.
Hey KGB how are you doing today.
Some people call it lollypopping ,removing everything Larfy below light level.
I trim underneath somewhat before flip.
Then give her 2 weeks to stretch and do it again.
I used the first trim for clones usually.
I make edibles and medical products with the larf so I don't remove everything.
Some growers take everything under light level.
As far as fan leaves go I don't remove any ever.
Even damaged leaves.
Fans turn light energy into big buds, buds don't absorb light.
I'd go easy at first,
Get comfortable growing then work on your defol technique.
See how they grow first before experimenting.
Stay safe.
Bill

Bill284~
@bluter does Hempy. Shed only starts Clones that way.

Grow medium: 50/50 (dry volume) rockwool & perlite
Hola KGB!

Rockwool can hold a lot of water - I would use coco instead if you are going for better moisture retention than 100% perlite. I’ve seen references to hempy - but it looks like you are using regular nursery pots with holes around the bottom - no reservoir..
:surf:

I hate to comment because I've never done a Hempy grow; but I would think Flushing out excess nutrients would be quite simple. Then feed with the correct dosage. Just a thought.
Buds~ My comfort level with regard to 'what's the best decision' is somewhat lacking at this point, I appreciate your input. I sampled bucket run-off this morning to test ppm, I found the solution coming out is stronger than going in...by 2x. So your perspective is valid. The root balls need more flush.

Bill~
Appreciate your feedback, thank you.
My instincts are with you, with regard to pruning. I forced myself to top my plants @ 24"(due to height restrictions) it was a good move I got some rather hearty clones that are right behind their mothers...
Next time don't wait.
If you are going to top I find if you do it while young you get better bigger sturdier branching.
If she grows into the light again you can tie her over to an open side.
That way you don't loose all the time you spent growing her.
Then take clones from the lollipop area.
Stay safe.
Bill

what am i missing ? this doesn't really look like a hempy grow. it looks great though on a quick flip through.

what am i missing ? this doesn't really look like a hempy grow. it looks great though on a quick flip through.
I guess I'm not even sure what a Hempy grow is. I always thought it was growing in just Perlite or Perlite & Vermiculite mixed. If you use Coco doesn't that make it a Coco grow & not Hempy ? If you wouldn't mind would you please define a Hempy Grow for me. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Buds~ My comfort level with regard to 'what's the best decision' is somewhat lacking at this point, I appreciate your input. I sampled bucket run-off this morning to test ppm, I found the solution coming out is stronger than going in...by 2x. So your perspective is valid. The root balls need more flush.
Bluter has been on this site a few years now & has successful Hempy Grows. You should check out his journals to see if there's something you're overlooking or maybe just missed. If I were doing Hempy I'd refer to Bluter or FelipeBlu as they are both very good at what they do. I'm sure there are others. These are just 2 that I'm aware of & are always helping others out.

LOL - well, to elaborate just a little..

At its basic, the hempy method is a hard plastic pot or bucket that has a small built-in reservoir created by a hole about 2” above the bottom.

As far as media - when a user named “Hempy” (on an old message board) began promoting the method back around 2000-something, he recommended 1 part vermiculite to 3 parts perlite. He since has changed to perlite up to the hole and coco as the main medium.

I still just use 100% perlite, but will be experimenting with coco for additional moisture retention when I grow outdoors. Other growers have successfully used pumice, turface, aquarium gravel, hydroton, glass beads - whatever will wick moisture up from the reservoir.

The small reservoir provides for more time between fertigations than the even more basic drain-to-waste, which is what you have using a nursery pot with multiple holes in the bottom.

I find it to be very easy and forgiving - and it’s my method of choice.
:surf:

lol
it can't get much simpler.

i often recommend it for new folk. it's simple and hands on. the plants develop quick and give loads of feedback.

Back
Top Bottom