KillaKash Is Growing Gas Redo! (Bruce Banner)

Rick34

I'm back for another crack at my 2nd run, unfortunately my orange cookies got crushed. I decided to order some new seeds since I wasn't having very much luck with the ones I had on hand (probably too old). I went with the Bruce Banner from herbies seed company, they had a great deal and good reviews. I will attempt to cover this 4x4 with flowers and see if I can get one and a half to two pounds (only because I've pulled 8 oz off and auto flower in the past) I already have the girls going in the system so... photo dump!

20240319_144934.jpg

20240408_215353.jpg

20240411_231735.jpg

20240415_123141.jpg

20240415_123228.jpg

20240416_153729.jpg

20240416_214238.jpg

20240418_185039.jpg

20240418_232222.jpg

This was the half pound auto that I grew from the white widow run. Admittedly not the prettiest but I feel I did a good job training her and was rewarded with some good smoke. I'm gonna apply that same focus to all plants this time so see if I just got it like that lol.

Screenshot_20240414_024256_Snapchat~2.jpg

Today these plants are 1 month old. They started showing veg 8 days ago (Apr 11th) and finally trained them for the first time yesterday (Apr 17th), which was overdue. Bruh I been busy, the picture I took after training them is second to last in the photo dump. They've made some progress and tomorrow I will start to tie down more limbs to keep them from the center of the plant. I heard Bruce Banner requires lots of work but if done right will pay off big in the end. Here is an updated picture on these happy shorties chillin in the tent.

20240419_230303.jpg

stopping by to say hello . looks good the one thing catching my eye is the size line you used between the buckets for recirculating it looks like its 3/4" with it being that small you are going to have to keep an eye out for roots clogging those ;lines If you are going for a massive root structure as I have been there and done that.

stopping by to say hello . looks good the one thing catching my eye is the size line you used between the buckets for recirculating it looks like its 3/4" with it being that small you are going to have to keep an eye out for roots clogging those ;lines If you are going for a massive root structure as I have been there and done that.
Yes sir, you're on point with that one. I really wanted to run 2" until I priced all the bulkhead fittings, ($128 for 8 of them) but then I was reading someones conversation on here and they mentioned painters nets to keep the roots out of the lines. Coming up soon I'm gonna buy one of those ready made systems with 2 inch pipe and replace the current dwc with an ebb and flow. Thanks for popping in to say hi.

this is all a learning process "I find success in my failures not shame or disappointment."

I am fine with whatever works for you.

ArchiCAD lol I like the way you think. I'm more of a ruff drawing guy and pictures.

I looked at stones i can tell you that you are going to need bigger ones and more of them along with a bigger air pump for the 26 gallons she is sitting in now without any mods to it . For the root zone in hydroponics its all about aeration and with how you are set up its a Kratky set up with air supplementation. You are hold almost as much for 1 plant as I am running for 4. I use a at120 air pump and custom made diffusers that are similar to their bio weave for the cost of one of theirs I can make 30 :) and have no issues showing you how given you want to go that route.

okay If you would like a bucket system I can help you build one. I would not concern myself with it only holding 10 gallons at all, with good nutes and aeration, circulation along with temp control stability will not be an issue. (how many plants are you wanting to grow at a time ? ) if only one then i would be looking more towards 8-5 gallon buckets pipe them together and one is the res and the other is the growing pod and you have twice the solution and easy Maintenace and res changes to say the least .

so for example. You say No Pain I want a bucket system..my suggestion would be to get two of these buckets and two of these lids the get three of these bulkheads a length of 2 inch pvc pipe and 2 90 degree elbows and then 2 inch to threaded 3/4 reducer bushing and a 3/4 valve threaded valve and length of 3/4 inch pvc and two 3/4 inch threaded male adapters along with one filter and length of 3/4 vinyl tubing and one pvc tubing adapter now for the pump. Cant forget two 8 inch net pots one is a spare . you now have a mini rdwc system like mine only thing that needs to be added is the air pump and aerator which i am more than happy to put in links if this is the route you would like to go. :)
alrighty, I quoted a post that I have posted in another journal about a build, expand the quote and scroll to the bottom of it to see the write up and each piece is linked, and you will see the best bulkheads and they are nowhere near the cost you mentioned. I hope the quoting thing works and the information helps.

alrighty, I quoted a post that I have posted in another journal about a build, expand the quote and scroll to the bottom of it to see the write up and each piece is linked, and you will see the best bulkheads and they are nowhere near the cost you mentioned. I hope the quoting thing works and the information helps.
Thanks a lot fam, your always dropping gems.

I did a res change yesterday morning and tied down a few limbs in the evening, it's cool to watch them bounce back. I decided to turn the lights down a bit because I've seen some twisting and turning, @Bill284 warned me when I first got the light to take it easy 🙃. I'm not really sure what to do with the little one that just keeps growing fan leaves but refuses to grow taller, it looks like a pile of leaves lol. Water temp is at 77F and 225ppm.

20240423_014630.jpg

20240423_021603.jpg

20240423_025726.jpg

20240423_022012.jpg

20240423_192033.jpg

20240423_192319.jpg

20240423_192649.jpg

20240423_194005.jpg

looking good. Since you didn't state it . I am going to tell you when doing a change do your best to have the temp and ph of the solution close to what you pulled out. To prevent shock in the root zone a degree of point one way or another isn't going to hurt. :)

Thanks for the tip, I leave my nutes in a big res about 24-48 hours before I empty and refill the rdwc. It is warmer in the tent with the lights so I'm sure that makes a few degrees difference. I do need to get better about listing all my steps and being more transparent, just in case a first time grower comes along. One problem I am having is humidity, the heat forces me to cool the room down but all that air drives out the moisture so i'm stuck with warm and wet or cool and dry. Everything's perfect once the lights go out and early in the day.

Thanks for the tip, I leave my nutes in a big res about 24-48 hours before I empty and refill the rdwc. It is warmer in the tent with the lights so I'm sure that makes a few degrees difference. I do need to get better about listing all my steps and being more transparent, just in case a first time grower comes along. One problem I am having is humidity, the heat forces me to cool the room down but all that air drives out the moisture so i'm stuck with warm and wet or cool and dry. Everything's perfect once the lights go out and early in the day.
You are very welcome. The two key things when doing a res change is temp and ph as you dont want massive swings in either. posting it kind of does helping first time hydro growers but once you posted how you do it once any one thats following already knows and can rule that out if you happen to run into an issue. Yes, rh and temp can be a battle. what are the temps and rh that you are dealing with? Are you following a vpd chart & dli chart ? If not I want to say I have some posted in my journal.

So one thing you will need to look into if you are going to get serious about doing rdwc is a chiller. In the meantime, you could always insulate the outside of the bucket as well as the piping.

Insulation is a great idea, never even crossed my mind. The tent wants to hover around 81 but I'm always running the air to cool it down to 77. It's already in the upper 80's and lower 90's where I live. The humidity fluctuates between 55%-70% depending on the time of day or if I'm cooling the room down. I'm starting to wonder if I need a bigger humidifier or something. Are those charts in your current journal, I'd like to take a look.

Insulation is a great idea, never even crossed my mind. The tent wants to hover around 81 but I'm always running the air to cool it down to 77. It's already in the upper 80's and lower 90's where I live. The humidity fluctuates between 55%-70% depending on the time of day or if I'm cooling the room down. I'm starting to wonder if I need a bigger humidifier or something. Are those charts in your current journal, I'd like to take a look.

I believe they are I cant say what page but if you don't come across them let me know. As far as the rh getting up to 70 I wouldn't worry about it at the growth stage you are at. Now the temp is another story because you are running hydro without a chiller and you need to keep the solution. What nutrients are you using ? I scrolled up and didn't see. Go to their website and look at their temp recommendations. also I can't believe I missed it before but next run do not us peat pellets to start your seed use root riot cubes or rock wool. You never want to use anything organic like that as it can get into the system and cause issues.

Back
Top Bottom