Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_018.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_019.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_020.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_021.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_022.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_023.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_024.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_10-16-2013_-_025.JPG

you can use the SNS under lights but not while the plants close to the lights, its just the same as misting the plants with water, just do it under natural light so you dont need to do it during the dark hours, either take the plant out of the grow room and into a room that has a window or move it out of the grow space enough so the light is not so strong on the plant, then you wont have any problems using it, just follow the instructions and you should be ok,

@king, can you see any of the seed pods splitting open yet, i usually notice the calyx start splitting anything from week 2 of polination, my seeds are usually ready to harvest in 4ish weeks, the auto i just took seeds from was 5 weeks from pollenation, but the seeds i harvested from it was at the nodes and was starting to fall out, the seeds in the buds i cant harvest till the plant is harvested,

what i have noticed this time round is that i pollenated really early so the seeds are mainly at the nodes and the bottom of the buds, the rest of the bud is totally seed free and could of been pollenated again, so far ive collected 50ish seeds from just the nodes and im sure i can easily see another 100seeds could be even double that, i can see the calyx split open and the seeds are ripe but id have to rip the bud apart to get them out at this stage, so they will stay in the buds till harvest unless they start falling out before then as the plant has got a couple more weeks to go,

congrats! are you going to grow them or do you fear that the entire seed stock will be "low thc"?

Flower Day 91

some of you may have noticed some nutrient burn on the fan leaves, the nutrient strength has been reduced. LA Confidential number 2 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 2 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 3 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 9 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom.

Flower Day 95

LA Confidential number 2 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 2 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 3 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 9 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom.

Last night I watched "Weed" with Sanjay Gupta and he did a story about a 5 year old girl in Colorado that has a rare condition that gives her about 300 seizures a day, she stopped developing, didn't speak and her life was basically a living hell. Her parents being the all American squares were totally against pot, you know their story. Anyway, the doctors told the parents to either try a surgery with a low success rate, or put the child into a medically induced coma to allow her brain to rest. The parents knowing these were terible options considered giving the girl MMJ because of a study they had read. In short they managed to find a plant that is very high in CBD and very low in THC. Ever since the very first dose, the child was almost immediately cured of her symptoms and only has one seizure a week. Great story.

I was thinking maybe LAC#1 (or even both) are this strain and since you have the genes preserved, you may be able to help other people out with the CBD.

nice story, clearly shows how beneficial this plant can be.

maybe speaking with jandre might help, i cant remember the other growers name but he is working on producing a thc 0% strain with high cbd levels, let me try and remember his name, he is always on jandres thread and is working with a organisation that helps produce cbd strains if i remember right,

if i get caught up with jandre ill see if he can come over and have a look, both him and this other grower might be very interested in your results, its something their both working on and have worked on for ages now, jandre is not trying to produce a 0%thc plant but this other grower is, jandre is working on high cbd strains but with thc as well, so im pretty sure they would be keen to see your results, its very rare to get a high cbd strain but they do crop up from time to time, usually it takes a lot of back crossing to get a strain like that but it might just be possible that you have found the rare pheno that contains only cbd or a very low thc and high cbd,
ill see if i can find him and send him over to have a look,

i just sent him the link to your journal, he might not come over and have a look but i know he has been working on cbd strains for a while and also he may mention it to the member who is working on a 0%thc strain for medical users who dont smoke mj, so they may be very interested in this strain and might want to come over and have a look and possibly pick your brain,

Having read back a ways, I see that you let it seed out and let the seeds mature... however... This may have not let the triches complete their cycle after the seeds were ready. If the plant is a long flower (65+ days), at what time did you pollinate? This I do know... The flowers' trichomes sometimes go completely inactive while the seeds form... after they're mature and the calyxes start opening up, the triches become activated, (rather the plant again works on them) and increases the THC only AFTER the seeds are complete. I have seen clear triches for 100+ days while a late-pollinated plant worked on the seeds. After they were done, and the calyxes started browning and opening, the rest of the plant material still alive started going again with the triches. Granted, it took mere days for clouds to show, and a few more days for amber to start, but that's how I've seen it.

Having read back a ways, I see that you let it seed out and let the seeds mature... however... This may have not let the triches complete their cycle after the seeds were ready. If the plant is a long flower (65+ days), at what time did you pollinate? This I do know... The flowers' trichomes sometimes go completely inactive while the seeds form... after they're mature and the calyxes start opening up, the triches become activated, (rather the plant again works on them) and increases the THC only AFTER the seeds are complete. I have seen clear triches for 100+ days while a late-pollinated plant worked on the seeds. After they were done, and the calyxes started browning and opening, the rest of the plant material still alive started going again with the triches. Granted, it took mere days for clouds to show, and a few more days for amber to start, but that's how I've seen it.
very interesting

Back
Top Bottom