Konk's 1st Grow: ON Canada

I need to slow down the impulsiveness a bit... Mr. Empire brought home some rubbing alcohol and I whipped up another batch of the aphid spray from the almanac site and really hammered #5.
After the fact I thought, I hope that is the 70 proof... it isn't, it's like 95 proof. So, I filled the spray bottle with warm water and 1/3 tbsp of dish soap and really really soaked her down.

Looks ok this morning. I dreamt that all the flowers were shivelled up...

Speaking of impulsive, I did the same trim to the tops of these little salvages the other day, as well. There really is nothing to lose.

This is like a psa. :nerd-with-glasses:Slow down, double check and pace yourself. It's like I have issued a verbal warning to myself. :rofl:

Thanks, it is nice to see a strong plant from a misc bag of seed. It is the one with the aphids though, I need to chill a bit and let her ride 2 whole days.

20200916_082502.jpg

20200916_082533.jpg

Looks like we are in for sunny days and cool to cold nights. I don't know about colours, I have seen them around the forum but honestly have no idea what to expect. I'm just pleased we can whip them around without much effort, looks like they are going to be moved around a lot this week.

I jumped the gun for sure, but it seems a great plant for a little experiment. :laughtwo: I think mine may go a least 6 more weeks. Halloween is about the cut off for snow...
Did you post about it? I'll be checking it out.
No I didn't post it. Was just sitting there and thought of your post. Reached over n pinched out the top of one nice bud. Time will tell if it works.

I need to slow down the impulsiveness a bit... Mr. Empire brought home some rubbing alcohol and I whipped up another batch of the aphid spray from the almanac site and really hammered #5.
After the fact I thought, I hope that is the 70 proof... it isn't, it's like 95 proof. So, I filled the spray bottle with warm water and 1/3 tbsp of dish soap and really really soaked her down.

Looks ok this morning. I dreamt that all the flowers were shivelled up...

Speaking of impulsive, I did the same trim to the tops of these little salvages the other day, as well. There really is nothing to lose.

This is like a psa. :nerd-with-glasses:Slow down, double check and pace yourself. It's like I have issued a verbal warning to myself. :rofl:
Is the spray working?

Is the spray working?

Well, there are less aphids. Initially, they were visible on the back of the leaves and at the base of leaves near the stem of the leaf. I saw less of that after the first dose, but there were smaller eggs and bigger aphids on the leaf bases up high on the flowers. I doused it last night due to my lack of paying attention. It seems to have faired ok.
I just looked and found one walking and one on the back of a leaf, I think it is working since this appears to be fewer than the 1st application.
I am just guessing here, but if it wasn't working i would see these little ba$tards multiplying over the plant. Wouldn't I?

No I didn't post it. Was just sitting there and thought of your post. Reached over n pinched out the top of one nice bud. Time will tell if it works.
Did you get a before pic? I do love your method, though :rofl:

Well, there are less aphids. Initially, they were visible on the back of the leaves and at the base of leaves near the stem of the leaf. I saw less of that after the first dose, but there were smaller eggs and bigger aphids on the leaf bases up high on the flowers. I doused it last night due to my lack of paying attention. It seems to have faired ok.
I just looked and found one walking and one on the back of a leaf, I think it is working since this appears to be fewer than the 1st application.
I am just guessing here, but if it wasn't working i would see these little ba$tards multiplying over the plant. Wouldn't I?

Did you get a before pic? I do love your method, though :rofl:
Funny thing about that little pinch I took. I was just out there looking for it and couldn't find it..lol. I'ma try again tomorrow with better light. I just did it a few days ago. I saw it yesterday. It still has that lighter green on the top where I removed the material.

If the spray was killing them you would see dead bodies. Not more live aphids. You prob see less because you've knocked some off with the spray. I'd go get some spinosad. It's safe. Just wash the bud at harvest.

If the spray was killing them you would see dead bodies. Not more live aphids. You prob see less because you've knocked some off with the spray. I'd go get some spinosad. It's safe. Just wash the bud at harvest.

I think it is foolish to think I have them beat, but for a pessimist I kinda think I caught them early. Likely not early enough, but the day I found them I went over that plant like it had lice, removed too many leaves and squished any visible aphids.
I misted them Sunday and Tuesday and have gone over them in between. Today I found 2 and never saw anything with wings. I hear you, but they were not everywhere.

You are going to have to thin the herd. While you are doing that they are going as fast as they can to reproduce. Just when you thought you are safe they might rear their ugly little heads again. Stay on them like a duck on a Junebug. It's a war of attrition.

Yeah, I thought they would be mulitplying if the spray wasn't working. I plan to keep checking them and dose again tomorrow night for good measure.

I found this article by Ed Rosenthal and I have seen nothing like the images on that page. Maybe the life cycle colours and sizes but not entirely as big and not the quantity.

Me too, but I am not seeing those numbers. I had to go over it pretty intensely to find these 3.
And this one.
I think this is a worrisome pain in the ass but not an infestation...yet.

Please call me out if I am living in the clouds here :thanks:

Me too, but I am not seeing those numbers. I had to go over it pretty intensely to find these 3.
And this one.

You are living in the clouds... with the rest of us Konk, lol! We are all stoners after all. :cheesygrinsmiley:

looking great man and looks like you have a handle on the aphids.

You are living in the clouds... with the rest of us Konk, lol! We are all stoners after all. :cheesygrinsmiley:

looking great man and looks like you have a handle on the aphids.
My stomach fell! :rofl: ok, thank goodness it's just regular stoner clouds! :love: I am pretty sure it isn't an infestation!

Speaking of stoners, mail call
...never tried it :lot-o-toke:

I've been so aphid focused I forgot yesterday was 15 weeks from seed for the crop. Pic heavy ramblings to follow... that Zombie OG is not going to make my story telling any more coherent :bongrip:

Captured this friendly visitor yesterday, makes me paranoid, shouldn't it be on my aphid plant...or is it :eye-roll:

Brought the weed wagon into the garage for our 3rd night of frost, this morning the fields looked icey after 8am!

Plant 5, got hammered again with the 3rd treatment of aphid solution. I'm stuck in my chair and haven't touched it today :p
Looks no worse for wear, she has been mauled for days and it is warm enough to wear gloves outside.

Crop is 15 weeks from seed. Random #5, has shown pistils for 34 days, about 5 weeks . The Lemon Sapphire plants 1-4, have shown pistils for 28 days, 4 weeks.

Left to right plants 1 through 5

Body shots

The order here is plant 3, 4 and 2. I care because they are caged differently :morenutes:

And the trimmed salvages with their crew cuts...

Safe weekend!

Alright, off the couch and back to impulsive mode. Those little aphid ba$tards are easier to find today. I asked Hersh and she had no ideas...

Mr. Empire brought this home and tonight I will recklessly mist plant 5 down with water. I will hit her with this tomorrow night.

I have most of the instructions visible, what could go wrong. :rolleyes:
It is made or at least says Premier Tech Home and Garden on the package and I use some ProMix stuff. It will be better than bugs! She is 5 weeks into flower, it's on!

Looks Asian Lady Beetle , not lady bug, but my eyes are bad.

Asian Lady beetles horrible mistake by American agriculture.
I see they eat aphids... I spotted it and was sure I never got a pic, it was alone and I couldn't find it after about 20 seconds. Hope she brought her friends over to plants 5. :oops:

I couldn't get a close up of this new bug, but I noticed it while I was misting aphid host plant 5. It hung out while I saturated the plant with water.

Another frost warning, putting miles on the weed wagon this week.

And this one.

Your not on the clouds. We can only guess from this end. Your the one with boots on the ground...lol. If it working to deter others outstanding but I'd definitely have a backup plan. There's still a lot of growing time left. Good job.

So plant 5 doesn't look great, not horrible in the way I was expecting after a heavy saturating with GreenEarth...and a week of alerternating days with alcohol/dish soap/water. I have no experience but am not gonna freak out that these brown pistils mean I have ruined this plant. I am going instead with it will bounce back and she will carry on :bong:

Left is Plant 5 and plant 5.5 on the right. 5.5 is a clone or salvaged piece from this same plant. It has been stressed but not sprayed with anything.

I have mauled this plant relentlessly for days and found a flower dangling. I splinted it and supported a few floppy branches.

I topdressed the lot with 3-7-3 bloom yesterday and watered them slowly watching them absorb to run off. Took ages but was nice in the sun. :Rasta:

The weed wagon prototype is the $hit. There is ice in the birdbath this morning...

Edit: Added a wee update

Quarantine crop June 4th, 2020

Ordered Lemon Sapphire seeds from ocs, tap roots exposed and planted into Jiffy peat.
20200806_135743.jpg

June 24~ replanted all into promix HP, removing mesh and burried leggy stems. Moved outdoors July 27th.

July 8 ~ day 34 Attempted Fim on 1, 3, 4 and topped 2

July 16~ begin lst, July 20 tied all down, broke a chunk off of Random, so I root juiced it and stuck it in a solo cup, "5.5"

Just started a few notes to add pics to, to be continued...
I like how you add your dates and shit! Did Random’s Son grow in the solo? I haven’t cloned yet. I may try that once my “squirt” is done. Right now I’m at my limit.

I had heard/read, growth hormone is at a high potency on lower branches. So I think I’ll steal a lower branch. What’s that root shit you’re talking about?

Back
Top Bottom