Konk's 1st Grow: ON Canada

but when I near the breeder suggested flower time I'm checking daily. I like mine to be all cloudy, milky, and just a tiny bit of amber. I want to see fat bulbs at the end of those triches too. If there's any clear there just not done to my liking. I'm guessing you have another 1.5 weeks. I hope your weather holds up.
I tried the camera infront of the loupe bit and these are not great...
It is actually really sunny and thought I saw much more amber than I expected on #2... I'll be out there 3 times a day now lol

Be sure your checking the bud and not the sugar leaf...but you prob already know that...lol. They look great but can't really see much in the pics. Its hard getting micro shots if you don't have the right stuff. Heading into the 60+ mark. Your so damn close. The decision to chop becomes the most important step of the grow...no pressure bro... :rofl:

Be sure your checking the bud and not the sugar leaf...but you prob already know that...lol. They look great but can't really see much in the pics. Its hard getting micro shots if you don't have the right stuff. Heading into the 60+ mark. Your so damn close. The decision to chop becomes the most important step of the grow...no pressure bro... :rofl:
I think it safe to assume I don't know a lot about wth is going on now, but you're sweet. :rolleyes:
I was trying to capture anything on film...next check it won't be in the bright crisp sunshine or so low on the bud site maybe :rofl:

I am so flying by the seat of my pants here.
I think all of us newbies feel like that - despite the great advice we are surrounded by. However, you are now at the point where you are making the final decision. Your plants looks awesome! If they were mine, I would have taken them already - but I like the behind your eyes in your head for hours kinda high, no couchlock for me. I encourage you to practice with the magnifier (hopefully when it’s not too windy - or create a wind block if need be) - but get a good look at the trichs. You've been jumping thru your butt for months now.....deep breath. Get a good look at your trichs and also lean forward on figuring your how the hell you are going to harvest those beauties!!! :love: Seriously. :hug:

I think all of us newbies feel like that - despite the great advice we are surrounded by. However, you are now at the point where you are making the final decision. Your plants looks awesome! If they were mine, I would have taken them already - but I like the behind your eyes in your head for hours kinda high, no couchlock for me. I encourage you to practice with the magnifier (hopefully when it’s not too windy - or create a wind block if need be) - but get a good look at the trichs. You've been jumping thru your butt for months now.....deep breath. Get a good look at your trichs and also lean forward on figuring your how the hell you are going to harvest those beauties!!! :love: Seriously. :hug:
:lot-o-toke: :thanks:

Never did get that phone call, had no internet and the 2 quarantine plants had been in the rain all day...
I trimmed them on the plant, chopped off branches, washed in the celt's bud wash recipe (in my signature), hung them over night, trimmed them into 32g/33g wet into a $hit load of paper bags and wandered away.
412g as I trimmed into bags and 4 seeds. I am so flying by the seat of my pants here... :lot-o-toke:

Omg what is with the screw stabbed through the throat business?

*mental note, never flirt with Konks husband...

I tried the camera infront of the loupe bit and these are not great...
It is actually really sunny and thought I saw much more amber than I expected on #2... I'll be out there 3 times a day now lol
So cringe loupe moment.

I had never heard the word loupe in my whole life. This fact was okay when I was just thinking about the word, which I mentally pronounced as loop-aye, and every time I mentally said it I would think, it sounds like the name of a hot Spanish pool boy, and I would dream a little...

So I take the word from the thinking part of my brain to my very loud mouth and I tell my guy I have my “loop-aye“ which is met with side eyeing and laughter. I hate that he knows more words than me so fucking much!! And for the record when I think about my loupe, it’s sill a loop-aye.

Omg what is with the screw stabbed through the throat business?

*mental note, never flirt with Konks husband...
I have been journal stalking jjjr, he does some crazy things in his greenhouse.

Found this:
"Stem splitting is a very aggressive grow technique that’s generating a lot of discussion in the cannabis cultivation community. Those in favour of this technique argue that it stresses the plant in a beneficial way, forcing it to take up more nutrients and produce bigger, more potent buds.

THE THEORY BEHIND STEM SPLITTING
Most grow techniques that involve stress work on the same principles; stressing a cannabis plant encourages it to take up more nutrients, which in turn results in more vegetative growth and heavier harvests.

The theory behind stem splitting is no different. However, it’s a lot more controversial than other high-stress techniques such as topping, fimming, or super cropping. After all, taking a knife to the stems of your flowering cannabis plants is pretty hardcore.

Nonetheless, many growers suggest stem splitting can produce bigger, denser buds and a higher concentration of trichomes. Trichomes
actually serve to protect the cannabis plant against pests, environmental factors, and disease. Growers believe that the stress induced by splitting your plants at the end of their flowering cycle pushes them to produce more trichomes just in time for harvest."

That plant #5 (stem with the screw) was heavily treated for and covered in aphids, she was neglected and I believe ended up with wet feet. I went for it, but don't think I saw anything positive...she was pretty beat before I even tried.

Hi Konk! I woke up this morning and wondered how you were doing. :love: Those pics are beautiful (well, except for the bud rot...:eek:). I chased bud rot in both of my big outdoor ladies this summer and finally had to chop them. The one that was farthest along in flower has produced some really good smoke. The other one was a few weeks behind her and although she was early, he bud gets me high - not super long lasting. I’m going to make oil from her. If you are seeing bud rot - In my opinion - there’s more. I was very surprised how much more there was, especially the first one since her colas were long and dense. I separated all the little buds from those massive colas and found bud rot inside that hadn’t start showing The telltale yellow leaf on the outside.... I guess that’s my way of suggesting that Mother Nature is going to show you more rot every day. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. You can save that harvest and likely have a nice large stash of weed! Have you planned your next steps? Good Luck Konk! I’m happy to help in any way! :high-five:

Hi Konk! I woke up this morning and wondered how you were doing. :love: Those pics are beautiful (well, except for the bud rot...:eek:). I chased bud rot in both of my big outdoor ladies this summer and finally had to chop them. The one that was farthest along in flower has produced some really good smoke. The other one was a few weeks behind her and although she was early, he bud gets me high - not super long lasting. I’m going to make oil from her. If you are seeing bud rot - In my opinion - there’s more. I was very surprised how much more there was, especially the first one since her colas were long and dense. I separated all the little buds from those massive colas and found bud rot inside that hadn’t start showing The telltale yellow leaf on the outside.... I guess that’s my way of suggesting that Mother Nature is going to show you more rot every day. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. You can save that harvest and likely have a nice large stash of weed! Have you planned your next steps? Good Luck Konk! I’m happy to help in any way! :high-five:
I appreciate what you're saying, boo, thanks!
I'm struggling, I think I pulled an intercostal chest muscle and am just trying to get pics. I have more baking soda and lemon juice to get today and then start them almost one handed... ffs
I will pace myself and take a good look at them. :thumb:

Oof! You are still struggling with that, damn. I'm sorry :(I would suggest a long slow goodbye - take a couple colas, trim them tightly and break them up. If that's all you can do then that's fine. When you feel up to it, grab a couple more (even if it's the next day). With the magnifier Ive found that leaning against something, taking a breath I and then exhaling when I freeze the image seems to work for me. I'm a weirdo.

Oof! You are still struggling with that, damn. I'm sorry :(I would suggest a long slow goodbye - take a couple colas, trim them tightly and break them up. If that's all you can do then that's fine. When you feel up to it, grab a couple more (even if it's the next day). With the magnifier Ive found that leaning against something, taking a breath I and then exhaling when I freeze the image seems to work for me. I'm a weirdo.
Ya, that at sloth speed sounds like a plan.
I do hear the warning, though, this is the clue to move my arse... I'm on it.
Thanks Boo!

I have some hot lemon juice water left...nah, 1 down

I took the biggest fans off and washed a lot of aphids of of her. Hung her up inside near the dehumidifier it is pretty dry down there. I gave it all a good shake before and will check in.
I will trim her up again...

I did find this
I'll go over her super careful, too...

Used that warm left over lemon juice water on Plant #2 lower branches.

Same trim job here, biggest fans then wash & hang.

Maybe wash another & the rest of #2 tomorrow morning and trim these up in the afternoon...

Poured all day, I just opened up the garage doors for some daylight.

Back
Top Bottom