Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

Thanks. I'll try distilled water in that case. Distilled water is always in my house for other uses, so at least I don't need to make an extra trip to the store.

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

They're here!

Seeds are soaking in distilled water in my seedling tray covered by cups. A heat mat is underneath to provide a little extra warmth. Only one seed of each for Candida and Blue Dream CBD, but I tossed two seeds of Norther Lights in since they are regular. Hoping for at least one female.

IMG_363216.JPG

IMG_363312.jpg

I thought the little ones would enjoy a spa experience with light deprivation. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My package contained extra goodies too - They threw in two packs of Cinderella 99. :slide: I can't wait to try it on my next grow.

Gotta love freebies! You got some nice ones too.

They're here!

Seeds are soaking in distilled water in my seedling tray covered by cups. A heat mat is underneath to provide a little extra warmth. Only one seed of each for Candida and Blue Dream CBD, but I tossed two seeds of Norther Lights in since they are regular. Hoping for at least one female.

IMG_363216.JPG

IMG_363312.jpg

Thats not a spider egg casing between the cups in the tray on the first picture is it? those trays look real dirty. If i was you i would clean that tray ASAP! I personally never bring anything into my grow from outside without washing with soap and then peroxide. Bugs ain't no joke man.

sent with your very best interest in mind man, Peace.

Gauge

It's a reflection off a little water. The tray was just cleaned, but I put some seeds that are started in rockwool cubes in the tray. It's leaving a residue on the bottom of the tray from the water runoff. I hoped my little seed cups would be ok since the seeds don't touch anything, but should I not have them anywhere near the seeds started in rockwool?

Yep, you made me paranoid enough that I already hopped up and started scrubbing everything. My other seeds will just have to find a new home.

Yep, you made me paranoid enough that I already hopped up and started scrubbing everything. My other seeds will just have to find a new home.

Yeah sorry.
Its a 5$ tray holding 80$ worth of seeds. I am always aware of my growing environment and providing the safest, cleanest most hospitable space i can for my investment. Ultimately you decide on how you are going to do things. You are a good dude and i want you to succeed.

Gauge

For what it's worth, the Jorge Cervantes grow bible does mention using a mild 2% bleach or fungicide solution. I have not used it myself, but I'm a noob!

Yeah sorry.
Its a 5$ tray holding 80$ worth of seeds.

Gauge

Don't be sorry at all! I appreciate the help. :high-five:

You're absolutely right. It would be tragic to lose the time and money spent on seed over something so simple. I can easily buy a new tray.

For what it's worth, the Jorge Cervantes grow bible does mention using a mild 2% bleach or fungicide solution. I have not used it myself, but I'm a noob!
If you can find the super strength hydrogen peroxide I think 6%, get a bunch. Kills everything leaves behind hydrogen and oxygen as residue. Not chlorine.
Put that in your toolkit. Somebody here on 420 told me. I'm passing it on! Works great.

Word! Where's the bong hit icon in the mobile app?

Gauge

Thanks! I thought it would be best to make a solution to rinse the tray after I cleaned it. Since rockwool is a new medium for me, I'm not intimately familiar with potential bacterial and fungal cross-contamination. Better to be safe than sorry.

If you can find the super strength hydrogen peroxide I think 6%, get a bunch. Kills everything leaves behind hydrogen and oxygen as residue. Not chlorine.
Put that in your toolkit. Somebody here on 420 told me. I'm passing it on! Works great.

Word! Where's the bong hit icon in the mobile app?

Gauge

Awesome tip! Target had that on the shelves recently. I guess I know what I'll be buying this week. :icon_cool

So excited to see the seeds waking up this morning.

Blue Dream CBD is the first to open. :)
IMG_364217.jpg

Yes, it was! I was surprised how quickly that one opened. It already had the tap root poking out about an hour ago, so I went ahead and planted it in the coco. Hoping the others will be ready by tonight.

Back
Top Bottom