Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

At the 24 hour mark they were all showing their roots. I'm thrilled that they all opened so quickly and easily.

Candida CD-1
IMG_364312.jpg

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

Here are the two Northern Lights Seeds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least one will be female.

IMG_364413.jpg

Now for their new home. They each have a 5 gallon fabric pot with coco. The carbon filter and exhaust fan are not setup yet, but I'll get to that soon. The clip-on fan is ready to go whenever the babies are big enough for a little wind.

:cheer:

IMG_364514.JPG

Ey man! good luck. I'm doing my first grow and first journal too! I'm in day 31 so I know what you feel!
I second what Gauge said: keep it simple! I was planing to do all kind of crazy plant training and got convinced to keep it simple. Best advice ever.
You need experience, so focus on the basics and it should all be alright. Another good advice: be conservative. If something is said to be advance: stay away. If something is said to be better less than more, do less (for instance nutes).

Good luck!

Welcome, Chipay! I couldn't agree more with the keep it simply philosophy. There are so many cool ways to go grow that I have seen here, but I need to save those experiments for later. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll try them since I'm a proud geek. :geek: There are some pictures here that have me lusting over the scientific aspect.

Spritzed the pots with a sprayer for a fresh drink of water this morning. Veg lighting is on at 18/6 with a timer. Now I just have to wait for them to pop up. The wait is the hardest part!

Thanks, Gauge!

I read that one in my research, but my takeaway was that it was okay to plant in a big pot if a had the room. Being a noob with my first grow, I was scared off reading about transplant stress and possibly losing my plants. But I certainly plan to start transplanting once I have a garden going that I can make clones and have separate mother, nursery, and flower rooms. Can I just say, I can't wait for that time to come!

You can be sure I'll switch to transplanting if my first round fails. Uh oh, I better be careful not to jinx it. :laugh:

Researched the ration of male to female in plants and came across a couple of threads here. One of them had a link to an article on a seed bank's website that had really good info on how to create optimal conditions to increase female outcome. I've now lost it and can't even find it in my internet history.

Does anyone have a link?

Ration? No, I don't want to ration. :rofl: I meant ratio. Need more coffee! :nomo:

You can be sure I'll switch to transplanting if my first round fails. Uh oh, I better be careful not to jinx it. :laugh:

I saw our plants growing super fast when in smaller pots. Transplanting was quite easy and painless. I'll keep on doing that for sure, and having a small pot made watering so easy. As soon as I went to big pots....watering is a chore.

I saw our plants growing super fast when in smaller pots. Transplanting was quite easy and painless. I'll keep on doing that for sure, and having a small pot made watering so easy. As soon as I went to big pots....watering is a chore.

Hmm, that gives me much to think about. I hate to disturb them at this moment, but if watering doesn't seem to be on track then I might move them to a smaller home for a while. Thanks

Babies haven't popped up from the coco yet. I did check one this morning; yes, I know I shouldn't disturb them but curiosity got the best of me.:bigblush: So the one I checked had a very nice long taproot at least an inch long. Hoping the rest of them are growing just as well.

The water I'm using to mist the coco stays in the tent. Then it is the same temp as the surrounding environment and won't shock the wee ones. I would love to wake up tomorrow and find at least one of them breaking through the surface. Fingers crossed!

I assumed they were autos but yeah i agree photos should start in a smaller pot. They should be ok though just careful with the amount you water even though its coco. 5 gal pot can hold a lot and a seedling doesnt need much.

If your worried about shock you can add something like superthrive at transplant. Im certain that stuff saved my seedlings when I transplanted them from soil to coco. I had to take off all the soil from the roots when i switched.

Its ok if Photos go in to shock and some strains are more susceptible then others but its ok they will recover as long as its not flowering. I make sure not to do anything that will stress out the girls in flower. My gsc xtrm stops growth for 3-5 days when i top them, they really dont like it. But they keep on going and provide an excellent yield when all is said and done. Good luck.

If your worried about shock you can add something like superthrive at transplant. Im certain that stuff saved my seedlings when I transplanted them from soil to coco. I had to take off all the soil from the roots when i switched.

Thanks!

Is Floralicious Plus similar enough that I can use that? I have a small sample bottle, but wasn't sure how soon in the grow cycle it is safe to use.

Hi GG ...I'll pull up a chair and watch how you get on if that cool subbed

:welcome: Would love to have you join in and hang around the camp fire.

Thx GG I'm only on my first grow so limited knowledge but I'm finding this is going to be the best place to learn

Back
Top Bottom