Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

BF knows what he is doing when it comes to growing in soiless medium. If I were new to growing especially coco he is the man. If you start in small containers say a solo cup the roots have no choice but to grow down searching for water. You end up with a nice 4 or 5 inch root ball.. transplant that into a two liter bottle preferably clear and when you see your roots bottom out then to a 3 or 5 gal. That way you have a solid 10-12 inch root ball that has the ability to breath and absorb nutes. If you germ and grow in a 5 gallon and top water your roots have no incentive to grow deep. They will just spread side to side just like the water does when it hits your coco. You will have anemic plants with slow growth. That's why I sent you that link. At the very best they will grow ok..
Don't re invent the wheel. Just do what millions before you have done. Bedroom Farmer is the tits and he will tell you how to be successful.
I want you to have a positive result and the How To Grow Marijuana Link answers all possible questions and tells you everything you need to know about almost everything.

Sent with respect and best possible intentions for you and your grow.

Gauge

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

Totally. The more I looked at journals here and read, I decided going to small pots first and then move them to the 5 gal later might be the best plan right now. If I ever want to experiment, I can do that when I'm not on a time sensitive schedule to get some medical help. A failed plant after I'm established isn't soul crushing. :hippy:

All four have come to the surface as of this evening! :yahoo:

Congrats! Feels awesome to see them come up!

DobeWan, love that name, I mentioned in your grow journal that I am doing something similar with nutes at the beginning.

My super dilute solution in my sprayer was made tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 cups filtered water - 61 ppm
4 drops each of CocoTek A & B
1 drop of Floralicious Plus
Total ppm = 153

BF suggested superthrive. I don't have any and didn't find it when I went out today, but it looks like great stuff. Amazon has it listed so I'll add some to the cart on my next order.

Heads up. I haven't been taken over, just a name change was necessary. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had used it one other place that was linked to my cell and email. Oy

Same me, so let's keep the party going!

Little ones seem to be doing well today. RH 63% and temp 75 in the tent. I did turn the inline fan on that exhausts out of the tent and opened one of the lower flaps to circulate fresh air. Also, turned on the little vivosun 6" fan on the lowest setting for air movement. I can barely feel it, but I know it will make the plants happy.

Blue Dream CBD is a tad larger than the rest.

IMG_369115.jpg

Northern Lights #1

IMG_368913.jpg

Northern Lights #2

IMG_369014.jpg

Candida is the straggler of the group. Seems to be on track, though. My guess is the seed shell will be gone by morning and I might see green leaves. :)

IMG_369213.jpg

Note to self: find camera charger for the good camera. The quality of these pictures just won't do for the rest of the journey. :battingeyelashes:

Note to self: find camera charger for the good camera. The quality of these pictures just won't do for the rest of the journey. :battingeyelashes:
I found the only way to get photos I was OK with was to take them out of the tent. That blue light in veg mutes how nice they look under more natural light!

Thanks! I'll try taking them out next time to see if I can get a better image. But I still better find that charger since I plan on extreme close ups before harvest. :yummy:

I'm back on the prednisone train as of today and mad as hell about it. Ready to see these babies grow and get to work. :hookah:

All four have been moved to a standard 4 inch pot. In the process of transplanting, I saw the wisdom of smaller containers first. The taproot was at least six inches long and skinny. At that rate, it seems the root would keep going before branching out and take too long to create an effective networked root system. I'm certainly not sure since these plants are new to me, but I found that super long taproot interesting.

It could make for a good experiment once I'm established to put a large container start next to one that has been transplanted. For now, I am just going do the same thing all nurseries do when starting their plants. :hippy:

:welcome: Would love to have you join in and hang around the camp fire.

I brought some marshmallows. May I hang about?

:morenutes:

I brought some marshmallows. May I hang about?

:morenutes:

:welcome: There is always room for more! I'll go get the chocolate and graham crackers.

Happy update to share. All four look well and seem to be liking the current conditions. I can even spot the tiniest set of new leaves on Candida CD1. :)

Day 3V
Temp 73
RH 58
Added .5ml RapidStart to the dilute nutes

The humidity is not as high as it was before. I'm going to add the humidifier tonight to get back up to the 65-70 RH range.

IMG_370115.jpg

Good luck to you, too. Hope yours is doing well one week in.

The humidifier went into the tent last night. Glad I kept it hanging around in a closet; it has auto fan and humidity control. Even though it only goes to a setting of 65, I feel that will be enough for what I need right now. This morning's RH was 60, so the trend is up. :blushsmile:

The humidifier went into the tent last night. Glad I kept it hanging around in a closet; it has auto fan and humidity control. Even though it only goes to a setting of 65, I feel that will be enough for what I need right now. This morning's RH was 60, so the trend is up. :blushsmile:
When I was researching a humidifier some people mentioned the cool air ones can be more susceptible to mold and the like than the warm air ones - I figured it'd be the other way around. Just something to keep in mind. I needed the small heat bump more than a cool bump anyway, so it made my decision easy.

Interesting. I would have figured it was the other way around, too.

I'm going to try a warm air version. My cold air isn't getting the humidity up the way I anticipated. It's either being all sucked out by the exhaust fan, or it simply isn't putting out enough. Thinking it might be the latter and I can pump more humidity with a warm air.

Figured Id share my Candida with you Lady A

she is at 11 days, was think it was just over a week, boy how time flies:circle-of-love:

The Other is Green Doc, from same company but less CBD higher THC
Candida1.jpg
BABIES73.jpg

Back
Top Bottom