Lady Vadalon - Soil - Bubba White Shark - Grow 2 - February 2014

How old are your plants right now? It may be a bit early of a harvest but thats so much better then no harvest at all.

Second test by Brain damage in glass pipe
Citrus/fruity taste
2-3 min for buzz to come on
Did not cough very much
Scale 1- 10 an 8 on taste
Uplifting body and head high
Intense long lasting smoke
After being left in pipe got a raunchy taste

Wanted to say thank-you to all and I am going to upload an update on this tonight when it cools down. I have been using frozen buckets of ice to help keep the grow temp down. I will be so glad in the new place the grow area will get morning sun and not from 1PM to sunset.:circle-of-love:

Is the ice effective at cooling things down? What temps are you looking at pre ice?

Is the ice effective at cooling things down? What temps are you looking at pre ice?

My 4X9 tent was at 96 degrees and with two 3gal buckets I was able to get it down to 88 degrees. I know that does not sound like much but 8 degrees has to help. Now, I am trying to keep water jugs and buckets in my spare freezer. I had it empty and unplugged for the move but with all this HOT weather it is now full of frozen water. I try and rotate the buckets and jugs out when they get half melted.

The plants in this grow are at 91 days. Sorry, for the video quality. I did not do a very good job on this one. On the 28th of this month they have to be chopped down.

[video=youtube;2XZXCALnbfo]
[/video]

Hey lady V I remember you mentioning you liked my writing style and so I decided now that my journal is done to write about some of my mischievous adventures as a child and then later on in the navy. The link is in my signature under smokerjoes corner. I figured since about 8 people had asked me to do this I decided since my journal is done and it is downtime to go for it. Let me know what you think. This invitation applies to all your journal visitors as well. Take it easy

I have a question about bud suckers. What part of the plant do you keep shaved? I know below the wire and if, I decide to do another Scrog to keep the plant below the wire for the first two weeks of 12/12 to help prevent stretching. When the plant is budding or when it forms the top bud do you keep all the popcorn looking stuff cut off? Just wondering for my next round.

Thank- you all :circle-of-love:

For a scrog you trim below the screen after you thread the buds and colas through the top. Anything below the screen will not be getting much light or any once it fills out so you cut it if you feel it wont reach the screen by the time you do decide to screen it. Keep the leaves even below as leaves are like solar panels and are useful . I just tie leaves to the main stem vertically so they arent in the way but still contribute.You could research main lining as it keeps all the buds even without a screen and you wont have many popcorn buds as all the colas will start at the same height in the plant.

With a ScroG screen you cut off everything below the screen at flower day 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and leave the tops. If you are interested in training a plant so that most of the colas are the same size you should look at my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal where I train 1 plant with Topping and Low Stress Training.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

So glad you are getting back on track lady v :bong: have you ever considered just simply supercropping rather than a scrog? Would take up alot less time and you can still then be able to move plants around? With your temps my worry with the ice would be the evaporation of moisture and if it could lead to a botrytis incident (budrot) I would hate to see something like that happen with all you have been/still going through wishing you all the best :roorrip: :green_heart:

So how are you liking your new place? A strawberry patch? Yummy.

With a ScroG screen you cut off everything below the screen at flower day 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and leave the tops. If you are interested in training a plant so that most of the colas are the same size you should look at my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal where I train 1 plant with Topping and Low Stress Training.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

I will have to do that. I will have plenty of reading time with my down time. I will not be really starting another grow until about October. I am going to be spending that time rethinking my grow boxes. For the move I am going to be selling part of my equipment and getting my LED's sent back to get the bloom switches fixed. I have three plants that are going to go outside at the new place.

I really want to learn how to control the plant better.

So glad you are getting back on track lady v :bong: have you ever considered just simply supercropping rather than a scrog? Would take up alot less time and you can still then be able to move plants around? With your temps my worry with the ice would be the evaporation of moisture and if it could lead to a botrytis incident (budrot) I would hate to see something like that happen with all you have been/still going through wishing you all the best :roorrip: :green_heart:

Things are starting to get back on track. I have been keeping an eye out for the bud rot. We are chopping this weekend so, things can start getting disassembled. My dad gave me an old cake rack that I will be using to dry in. It will be quite handy.
IMG-cakerack.jpg

So how are you liking your new place? A strawberry patch? Yummy.

We will be moving in on the 28th of this month I hope. :thumb: I want out of here really bad.
Well, off for school. Hope everyone is having a safe and happy day
:circle-of-love:

Hello,
Well, I did not get as much as I had hopped. We got 9 oz of dried product. But, compared to my first grow, much better. :) Thank-you for all the support. When I get my computer hooked up I will post a photo.
The move is almost done. I decided that I have way to much stuff and crap. I have three plants left in veg and they are going outside today. I hope that I don't mess them up. Thank-you EVERYONE

It may mess them up. It is suggested you do a process called hardening off. What this is is taking a indoor plant and gradually exposing it to the outdoors incremental a few hours added each day for a week. At the end of the week the plant is good to go. This is done because indoors he leaves are thinner and stems are as well and hardening off will cause thicker leaves to be able to sustain the heat light difference and sometimes harsher wind or weather. Good luck. Glad your move is almost done.

Back
Top Bottom