LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

Man...you had to go there...glyphosate?! Glyphosate...to utter that word near me sends me into a tail spin! ...mention that or Monsanto or Bayer. Then put me with some ignorant ass-clown who says it's a conspiracy and that they are perfectly safe when used properly. I used to work for a HUGE ag company...who I shall not disclose the name of but EVERYONE knows them. My fat ass they are safe! Oh...I am very familiar with this topic. Not this particular article...which is excellent but the way. And check this out! Disgusting!! I boycott all Monsanto owned/affiliated companies! Grrrr..snort. Sorry. Hubby calls me Mrs Hulk when I get pissed about this.

Glyphosate cancer warning in California halted

I, as a lawn guy, know how you feel. People in my area just dont give a shit/ dont understand what these chemicals are doing to our environment, planet, and ultimately... US. I really need to find something else, No UA's, no chemicals, that I can do to support my family. I hate putting that stuff out, and I am so weird about it that I actually feel bad for the microbiology and macro-biology that I am harming or killing while putting this shit out for people who just dont care. They dont even care that I have to handle this stuff... People are so damn selfish.

+1 LG, any time I go on a rant about this people look at me like I'm crazy. o_O

....Well, I might be crazy.

:roorrip:....Do crazy people know they're crazy? :ganjamon:

I hear ya SM, I try and explain to people how the whole process is supposed to work, and how it isn't. I try and explain that just applying N-P-K isn't the best practice for your yard care unless you want to fight off insects and disease, or me fight them off in this case. I try and tell them you need to put into the soil, things that will promote the reproduction of beneficial bacteria, fungus, and insects. But yea... I am so passionate about it that I too get looked at as though I am the crazy one.
Gotta find me something else to do...

Yeah dajerm, that's gotta suck knowing what effect doing your job has on the environment not to mention going against what you believe in. We all gotta keep trying to educate people though. The change is going to come from the masses demanding change. Kinda like cannabis. I think as cannabis prohibition goes away and more people see what benefits come from cannabis, it will naturally migrate over to nutrition. Then people will take interest in where there food is coming from and how it was grown. Before I started growing and consuming cannabis I was ignorant to big AG and what it was doing to our food. I just trusted our government would look out for our best interest. Once I figured out they lied about cannabis well that just opened up the door to all kinds of other things including where my food was coming from. I'm a snob about my weed why shouldn't I be snob about my food? Sorry about the rant, but yeah it sounds like you need to re-focus your talents.

I, as a lawn guy, know how you feel. People in my area just dont give a shit/ dont understand what these chemicals are doing to our environment, planet, and ultimately... US. I really need to find something else, No UA's, no chemicals, that I can do to support my family. I hate putting that stuff out, and I am so weird about it that I actually feel bad for the microbiology and macro-biology that I am harming or killing while putting this shit out for people who just dont care. They dont even care that I have to handle this stuff... People are so damn selfish.
Yup...I worked in it to. I had to pay the bills. I had to work in an office above all of the fert tanks. Scary stuff. I remember my dad using all kinds of chemicals too. Hell...back in their day everyone smoked cigarettes. No one knew that was bad either. Ahhhh...big sigh. Not going to get all worked up again. :hug::hug::hug: I had fun today!:yahoo: Let be purposely happy this fine spring day!

I didn't start my day thinking I would trim the heck out of my girls and upcan them into their 10 gallons....but that's what I did! I did a nice trim, a TP drench, and up-canned them into their 10 Gallon pots. I got rid of the box they were perched on and dropped the lights down to 18" from their canopy. Let the games begin!:slide::yahoo::slide: I'll do a de-stress spray if I need to. Holding off to see how they do!

Before

Roots!

Doc Bud's Roots!

After

Yum!:yummy: Mmmmm! Smoothies!

Holy cow, that’s not a pot, that’s a trash can!!! Lol. My back would not forgive me if I did that.
:rofl: Yup! It's a 10 gallon trash can with 10 holes drilled in the bottom. I like the handles so I can move them easily. I saw those in H. Depot and stopped short and said hmmmm :hmmmm:...that'll do just fine! They are a bit heavy I admit. They both fit in the tent with room for my humidifier...haha! I'm just plain nuts for sure! Glad I had enough soil cooked!

Here is the blueberry muffin recipe my mom used when I was growing up. I have others that are more of a quick bread bakery style, but these are moist and cake-like. I actually haven't made these since well before she passed away.
It's nice to eat them again!

This recipe was from the old Jordan Marsh department stores in New England. They would sell them there.

Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups un-sifted flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2-1/2 cups large fresh blueberries
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons sugar (for top of muffins)
Instructions

Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

In a second bowl, combine all dry ingredients. (You can use an electric mixer to combine the dry ingredients thoroughly at this point so that you won't need to overmix once the wet and dry ingredients are combined.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture along with the milk and vanilla.

Optionally, mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries, and stir in by hand (this will turn batter a light shade of blue and add a touch of blueberry flavor, but this step may be skipped, if you wish). Add the remaining whole berries and stir in gently by hand.

Makes 12 full size muffins or 18 medium sized muffins.

Sprinkle sugar on top of unbaked muffins.

Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan.

Here is the work in progress BBQ Sauce. It really wasn't too bad. I'm thinking a nice piece of cornbread slathered with maple cannabis butter and some ribs!

BBQ Sauce #1

Ingredients

• Small can of tomato paste
  • Muir Glen Organic Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, 14.5 oz. can
  • 1-1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 18-20 pitted Medjool dates (about ¾ of a pound)
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • ¼ cup of maple syrup
  • ¼ cup of organic honey
  • ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
  • ¼ cup of organic apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoons of pureed chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
  • 1 cup of tomato juice (I used water, but I think tomato juice would be better to thin with)

Instructions

Cook the onion in the olive oil, when just starting to brown a little, add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds more.

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth. It will take a bit to grind up those dates well.

Cook mixture in a saucepan on low for about 15 minutes.

Roots! :cheer: Really great roots LadyGaea!:cheer:

And I love those big pots - and the way the say BRUTE! Let’s see them grow some BRUTES!

Such a lament looking at your recipes - most of that is off the table for me now so I look a bit longingly at the ingredients dreaming about how nice those muffins must be. Although by now, I know I’d find them sickly sweet!! Good pumpkin tastes soo sweet to me now! And blueberries are like lollies. Thankfully raw cacao powder exists so there is still chocolate in my life - phew!

Happy for your transplant m’Lady! When do you plan to flip? Or have you already...?

:Namaste:

That’s a lot of sweet flavor. I would probably stew the dates in the tomato sauce, onion, and garlic before blending then. It would probably made it easier to blend. And you could adjust sweetness after the dates were incorporated.
That sounds like a good idea Bear. I think the tomato paste could be cut back on it too. I'd rather see it more jammy than pasty like it was. I stew my dates in my applesauce when I make it. That works really well. I think you are right on the money with adjusting the sweetness after the dates are mixed in too. Thanks for the suggestions! :thanks:

Roots! :cheer: Really great roots LadyGaea!:cheer:

And I love those big pots - and the way the say BRUTE! Let’s see them grow some BRUTES!

Such a lament looking at your recipes - most of that is off the table for me now so I look a bit longingly at the ingredients dreaming about how nice those muffins must be. Although by now, I know I’d find them sickly sweet!! Good pumpkin tastes soo sweet to me now! And blueberries are like lollies. Thankfully raw cacao powder exists so there is still chocolate in my life - phew!

Happy for your transplant m’Lady! When do you plan to flip? Or have you already...?

:Namaste:
Thanks Amy!
I cut out sugar, including natural sugars, and all refined starches for about 6 months a few years back. I felt great actually. Your tastebuds really do adjust and you begin to taste the natural sugar that is in food when you do that. I found that coconut milk in my coffee was sweet enough. Homemade tart yogurt with no sugar has a great complex sweet undertone to it.

Sugar really is a killer on the tastebuds. You lose the subtle flavors in food when you eat too much of it. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Did you know the first cocoa drink was actually made from an unsweetened paste. It is likely to have started with the Mayan culture 2000-3000 years ago. Pretty cool! Good for you too!

I have not flipped yet. Maybe 2 weeks out still. I am going to top them and start training before they take off in the new pots! getting :slide:exciting now!

Im intrigued by all this high brix and living soil stuff but Im just starting simple with bottled nutes etc. Definitely wanna see how your tangielope turns out and wanna see how the high brix treats ya.
Hey Bilbo! Please feel free to hang out. My first two grows I used bottled nutes, too. I find them less forgiving then the high brix. It's going to be cool to compare them both. So far I have to say that I am impressed. Time will tell! :welcome:

OK...lights on time for the girls. They took the transplant well so far. They even, dare I say, look perky. Probably from the drench. I topped them both and was in for a surprise. The cut parts oozed a drop of shiny liquid! It was very sticky. My last grow did NOT do that! There is some good juice flowing through those stems and quickly trying to heal that fresh wound! That's Brix Baby!:slide::cool:

Hey Lady... Hope your evening, if it applies, goes well... Your girls are looking good... Nice root system... and plant holders (;)) Question : Will your muffin recipe work with a drier fruit, well I mean like dried apricots and such without adding some moisture or not??? I have a good friend who gets dried dates, and the like from her home country and I was hoping to use those for her... She kinda pretty and all... Moroccon mmmmmmmm lol thx....

Hey Lady... Hope your evening, if it applies, goes well... Your girls are looking good... Nice root system... and plant holders (;)) Question : Will your muffin recipe work with a drier fruit, well I mean like dried apricots and such without adding some moisture or not??? I have a good friend who gets dried dates, and the like from her home country and I was hoping to use those for her... She kinda pretty and all... Moroccon mmmmmmmm lol thx....
It would work but I'm afraid it would be too sweet. The muffin batter is sweet and the dates are super sweet, too. If you do that, be sure to add some orange zest to the batter. I've only used it to make both apple cinnamon or cranberry orange muffins. The texture of this muffin is more like a soft cake instead of a dense texture. Have you thought about scones? They would be great with dried fruit, and you could drizzle canna honey on those! Yum! Granola with dried fruit is awesome too. Would also go nice with some canna honey drizzled in that homemade yogurt and granola sprinkled on top! ...few drops of vanilla...:slide:See my post #166 for a recipe. Have fun! Link just below.
LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With Doc Bud's High Brix

Back
Top Bottom