Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Hey all. Quick update before dashing out. Sun's out, not a cloud in the sky. Had mad rain and wind the last 3 days. Apparently coming back Sunday. Anyways so just some pics I've snapped. Not much happening. The male transkei is a beastly plant. I'd say 4 times bigger than any of the others. I guess time will tell. The table shot..
IMG_20190726_105218.jpg
IMG_20190726_105234.jpg
IMG_20190726_105244.jpg
IMG_20190726_105300.jpg
IMG_20190726_105341.jpg
IMG_20190726_105443.jpg
IMG_20190726_105455.jpg
. The lsd and ssh have joined the gang for some natural light and sexing . They are in 1 kg nursery bags so small bags but at least I can move them back into the box if needs be. Waiting for my deck to be waterproofed again. Whoever did it did a kak job. Then I can get my gas lantern going and get the deck ready for seeds in 1 September. The rest of the pics are the transkeis . Mostly looking similar. Couple of them got topped after the pics. Have a rocking weekend.

Seems so. A lot of sativas I've seen can also start out with thick looking leaves and then they" grow out" of it. The leaves of my Durbans also grow differently under the lame cfls compared to summer sun . Thicker and darker indoor. I'm going to plant a couple more in spring so those should be an accurate example of how she grows. These guys (10) I'll sex and weed out the meh ones. Also get a chance to maybe sample a little nug before revegging for summer.

Cat trimming is a good sign of things to come I'm thinking.

Testing for you. Is it a good sign if they come back for more.

Be careful - those cats get pretty happy with weeds.

Rollin crawlin bitin

gonna be a cat way.

Ok yea I’ve seen them start out wider and get skinny as the season progresses. Cats just trying to help! Lol

Thats how my DT runs. Big huge fans then once flowers, they fall off eventually and its all how that last pic @Lerugged posted ^^^ then its all long thing leaves.

It's a beautiful sight.

So the Transkies have slightly wider leaves than say DP or Malawi?

Yeah the Kei has some wider leaves from the overseas strains that got mixed in but they still stretch like crazy and have thinnish leaves during flowering. We sometimes just call it keibrid lols. Malawi usually has the thinnest leaves of them all.

And @Lerugged you should try a test run with mulch instead of the stones. You can use alfalfa (lucern) and wee bit of straw plus any old leaves or trimmings. I found in my grow it did wonders for vegging and keeps the gnats to almost zero. Also great place for all the good bugs and microbes to hang out and party.

Yeah the Kei has some wider leaves from the overseas strains that got mixed in but they still stretch like crazy and have thinnish leaves during flowering. We sometimes just call it keibrid lols. Malawi usually has the thinnest leaves of them all.

And @Lerugged you should try a test run with mulch instead of the stones. You can use alfalfa (lucern) and wee bit of straw plus any old leaves or trimmings. I found in my grow it did wonders for vegging and keeps the gnats to almost zero. Also great place for all the good bugs and microbes to hang out and party.
Bra that mulch Will blow the f away. Haha. I've tried it all. I usually just mix that stuff into my soil. :) I'm glad there are other people breeding transkei. I'm looking specifically for the red (rooibaard) which I lost being young and naive. Who knows.. maybe I'll get one again. Definitely worth a try. Gonna be working some of my Malawi this spring too for some seeds to release next year along with the others that are ready. All my Durbans look like indicas when I've popped them. I can pretty much guarantee there is no indica or hybrids in my landraces. Been super careful to avoid that craze and keep them pure. Loving that others are promoting our local strains. Makes me warm and fuzzy. If it was more sheltered I'd mulch for sure but without stones I have soil in my pool and pretty much everywhere and my roots get exposed eventually from all the soil blowing out. The original kie is a goodie. Quite fond of that one. Have a kickass Sunday.

I agree - Bodhi real deal.

I think he colabs with SnowHigh - he's got a lot of African and other landrace genetics he gathered over the years and works them.

Yeah he recently when on a trip to the east to get some more landraces to start up new breeding projects.

Back
Top Bottom