Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Looks like a tasty bud Lerugged. It's been real cold! Suns out today but it doesn't feel like it's warming up - there's snow up on Franschoek mountain and it's blowing right down my way - hope it's a bit better your side haha. Have a lekker weekend boet, stay warm!

Man dude - it's 100F and RH=75% here on the EC Amerika.

I don't think the RH can go higher with the sun out. It's fucking hot here.
You lucky. Snow.... ohhh yeah, snowwwwwww. wind... blowwwwww.

Missing my purple flowers now.

It's 18° or 65° for my southern friends here North Coast BC smack dab in the middle of summer. I don't miss the chilly winter temperatures, we have some mild winters here on the coast.

Oh wow. 18degrees is like our winter maximum. Mid summer looking somewhere around 30-40 degrees. My partner says 18degrees is like a German summer.
Just happens we have the same max temp today. You middle summer and we are just passed mid winter. Haha. 18 isn't cold but that's our max, currently sitting at 9 degrees. I'm pretty sure @irie lion and @Smeegol have it worse bring further inland and closer to the mountains. Get your cosy on. Off with my daughter to collect some mushrooms in newlands forest.
Screenshot_2019-07-21-08-15-04.png

18C used to be German summer, now the whole northern Europe fights with 35C temps and drought. They started getting Mediterranean summers before they’ve even noticed... climate change means much hotter summers over there and over here. Have you seen the study? We’ve just had the hottest June on record? Btw another heatwave is coming. It’s good I’m chopping down next week and can finally leave the tent empty for a while.

The world we live in @Lerugged I love the diversity of this planet yet we can experience the exact same thing at the same time!

:passitleft:

Some pics from today's forest mission and a pic I took a min or two ago. Splendid day. Plants are happy but time is limited.
@conradino23 last winter we had very little rain and we were supposed to be the first city to hit day zero. Good thing is we have become a very water conscious city. It's going to come in handy as weather patterns change. Those temps you are getting are pretty hectic.

Cheers all .

Nice to see you got some actual DP from the local communities. Had a bit of an internet fight on another forum where guys where adamant that the DP sold online by overseas banks was the real thing and not a worked strain.

And reading a few pages back on your missions to get seeds, it would be awesome if they can setup laws so those communities can prosper. Pretty sure a bunch of guys on here and other forums would love to be able to buy the real deal landrace cultivars from families who have grown them for generations. And then the communities can get paid decently for all their effort.
It's been awesome that we can now grow our own meds but quite a few poorer communities that have taken the risk of growing for years are now suddenly losing income with no way of replacing it. Seed sales could be a much more lucrative business for them too.

Nice to see you got some actual DP from the local communities. Had a bit of an internet fight on another forum where guys where adamant that the DP sold online by overseas banks was the real thing and not a worked strain.

And reading a few pages back on your missions to get seeds, it would be awesome if they can setup laws so those communities can prosper. Pretty sure a bunch of guys on here and other forums would love to be able to buy the real deal landrace cultivars from families who have grown them for generations. And then the communities can get paid decently for all their effort.
It's been awesome that we can now grow our own meds but quite a few poorer communities that have taken the risk of growing for years are now suddenly losing income with no way of replacing it. Seed sales could be a much more lucrative business for them too.
I'm busy with something similar but I can't action it just yet. I'd say there are really only a handfull of growers in south africa with the real endemic landraces. Really 5 is a lot. I can't begin to tell you how difficult it has been to find them. The rest has unfortunately been tainted. Im working with them to release through my seedbank along with my landraces. Gone are the days of these growers selling black dustbin bags packed full of stunning bud for 100 bucks. That's less than 10 dollars. That's exploitation. There are growers with amazing crops all over. Really its sativa paradise in Africa. Just finding the real one is unfortunately very very unlikely.
I think my grandfather knew they would be valuable enough to preserve and leave to me in his will. I really got lucky. If I wasn't interested in weed I probably would never have know what a treasure he left me.

Peace

Just need people to coordinate with the farmers to make it happen.

Sounds like we should call in the Hippies.

I think they have a decent track record but bad short term memory. Must label seed packs at the farm. lol :passitleft:

I think my grandfather knew they would be valuable enough to preserve and leave to me in his will. I really got lucky. If I wasn't interested in weed I probably would never have know what a treasure he left me.

Peace

I got some trades?? Goodies!

Back
Top Bottom