LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

thanks for the tip LA I will be trying this on my next grow, Vscrog with Laughing Buddha flowering clones in my home made fabric pots. What else can I throw in there to try?

Did the backbuilding technique on basically all of the top cola's. I'll post pictures again with my good camera in a few days to show the progress!

Does it look like I did it correctly and took off the right amount? Any input is very much appreciated.

Edit: Not sure why it's making the first picture upside down but anyways it gets the point across.

photo_1_11_3.JPG
photo_2_9_2.JPG

All these pictures are before I did the backbuilding technique.
zoom36.jpg
zoom-2.jpg
MG_4279.jpg
MG_4280.jpg
MG_42701.jpg
MG_42721.jpg
MG_4275.jpg

Link to journal in sig.

Just made the snip to my first bud cola I have grown, an outdoor test plant from when I started my indoor grow. Such an odd feeling, but its 6 weeks into flower and wont grow much taller as it is.

Thank you for this nugget of info, here is to the first cola thickening up.

Aki

A guy I learned from swore by this he called it stacking. Same thing. I've done it works great. Hard on a large scale but worth the effort for sure. This makes me want to do it to a section tonight lol. Great thread!!!!!!!

I see this is an old thread but I just have to comment.

I can almost guarantee this technique was found when some grower was skimming a little off the top to have something to smoke on:) this is just something else...

LA! I get so caught up in reading with your links that I'm willing to try just about anything you recommend!
Thanks for being so willing to share your ideas. It really makes for a great community out here :)

Does this look like a good time to giver her a snip?
image16798.jpg
image16797.jpg
image16796.jpg

I discovered how well this works by accident. I hadn't checked on my plants for a few days thinking the stretch was over... oops a few burnt tips on a couple plants. At harvest hose "burnt" tipped buds were the bigger and fatter than all the rest. Never thought to "tip" them with a scissors for the same effect!!! I know what I will be doing soon as the lights come on today...

I'll think I'll be trying this on an auto that is fast finishing, day 44 of 65. Think that's good timing for an auto? I can understand the logic, thanks for living outside the box LA

I went ahead and did a lady last night, one of my autos. I did the main, and then three of the four second level tops. I left one main top alone and I marked it for baseline purposes. This plant has been my science project -- so why not. If it goes well I'll do the other which I think is about a week behind the one I did last night. Smelled great I can tell you that..... Thanks for sharing LA!!

So glad I found this now. I am at about day 38 on some autos the breeder say will finish in 56 to 63 days. I'll be looking at them very close during Friday's water change. I don't think they are ready yet, but we'll see. Anything to increase the yield.

Back
Top Bottom