LA's really quick guide to tip spreading for node stacking!

I wanted to share a pic of my Romulan that has been topped and using the spreading method. There are so many tops on this plant and lots of growth in the under canopy. I have been focused on hand training/bending a lot of the branches to spread her out. The light is penetrating the canopy and encouraging a lot of future bud sites. I am still tempted to prune out the lower branches. Not sure though. If they make it up to the upper areas, then they will be staying!
20200602_201615.jpg
20200602_234308.jpg

Been doing a lot of hand bending and tip spreading with this GG4 too. Proud of the canopy she's developing so far.
20200602_233006.jpg

Hey folks this is a simple one to say the least!

So were trying to get the most out of our gardens. So think about how to maximize every basic your using. This leads to my little trick of simply opening up the closed tip foliage of each colas site repeatedly by hand.

This process could be used at any point you want to stack nodes. Yet I use it when going vert for colas development.
I simply and gently open up the closed immature foliage that sit pointing vertically all closed up. The thinking behind this is simple. The plant will react to light hitting this young foliage, it then sends a message along the line for the plant to start generating the next node. (Were forcing early development)
This honestly works my friends and will give tighter node spacing for bigger better colas!

Just be careful not to rip a baby leaf off or get to heavy handed as heavy contact with the tip heart will slow growth!

Do it as often as you can. The more often the better results :) :)
Can you make a video? Would much appreciate it.

I've had a few things get in the way. Yet yeah I'm gonna give my best effort to try give back some more to our awesome community

Welcome back brother.

Back
Top Bottom