LA's Sideline Grow -GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST -Self Build Budmaster in Cupboard!

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

Have you not thought of doing an open case-less design using angle iron? That way it would give you less heat issues & it would be just like a meccano kit light :) You should be able to buy light gauge stuff from B&Q or somewhere like that

Have a look at my latest thread update, I might have a 3way flux in the pipeline. :)

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

Well hey all, we have changed up the design :) I want to find some old McKano or whatever it was called. Give me some of that and we can get a bigger unit up. At mo we have 3 OD in there, but the center is being switched with a GOD board when wired up tomoz.
This is a work in progress but I needed a light going. This is going to be my flower room soon as I'm doing the solo cup challenge and will flip lights to 12/12 on 14th.
My BID bud tribute will be vegged out in a cupboard in the kitchen. The in flower Skywalker Kush you see is just getting shoved in a box for dark period at mo lol. This area ain't light tight yet so is on 24hrs a day :)

Anyway some pics :)
20140930_230450.jpg
20140930_230546.jpg
20140930_230551.jpg
20140930_230556.jpg
20140930_230609.jpg
20140930_230629.jpg

You're going to end up using a Real flux capacitor soon. Is Skywalker Kush & OG the same strain?

Lol cheers buddy :), not sure on the OG bit lol.??? I'm sure someone will step in on that one!
This cupboard is gonna get sorted out now so I can run full time on rotation of 2 in flower 2 in veg. As I can do 2 baby's and veg em in my kitchen cupboard with cfls. So perpetual here we go. I may even convert a bigger kitchen space, we shall see.
This is gonna be my playground for now as I can't get my monster Oxy buckets over! Cost way to much to ship and can't get suitable in UK in single units!!!!

No worries bud, I've got a tool for every job...

Prototype 2 is big leap forward though :) :thumb:

Have a look over at my yard when you get a chance. i'm doing full attack bassman style defol :)

Oh look, an LA journal that's like 2200 pages long in 4 hours, how unusual! :)

Good 130am LA

subb'd :)

More f'n reading? I mean really mate, you gotta give a bloke a chance to keep up....don't ya?

Edit: How rude of me, good morning mate, hope you're having a good one...it's the weekend! :)

Hey Tassie, great to have you along buddy! :) This thread is just a baby lol. A nice no pressure fun bit :)

In serious news though I have a wicked bit of news! :) checking temps of my self build light by touching the back of the heat sinks shows a remarkable thing. The GOD boards don't heat up much at all. This is compared against the OD boards . They run that cool I'm now gonna switch out the other 2 to the GOD option and then I'm gonna try removing all fans! I believe the open style of my light will provide all the cooling needed.
Its crazy as they're so much more powerful, yet hey run almost no heat!

If it runs fine with no cooling Ill be a total silent run! :) Oh and ill take some pics and do an update on here tonight! :)

Best of buds to you all! :)
So in short if you want GOD Budmaster lights but can't afford the option. BUILD YOUR BLOODY OWN AND SAVE A FORTUNE! !! :)

Hey mate, I have my bagseed under cfl at the moment, day 8. I haven't started the journal yet, it's a DIY mash.

Anyway's so you have joined the light side have you?
Passive heating, (EDIT: Cooling, ok I was reading, just a little stoned mkay :) )I haven't got through this yet, but it looks like you've got Pentium core cpu coolers and fans going on here.

I like it! :)

I have some DIY LED supplementation going on as well, so am keen on this all.

Still more reading, but I like it a lot :)

My hands are an issue with the journal, well with the whole bloody thing...Im on my third run of beans, dropped seedling trays are unrecoverable in my books...good thing i got a couple hundred of the things....beans that is :)

DSCF32861.JPG
DSCF32871.JPG
DSCF3291.JPG

I hope if I only do this once, I'll get away with it :)

I am sick of doing a lot of talking, but not any walking.

I'll get it all up in the next few days, but this is the start of it anyway....I feel I need to do some proving.

bugger, that's what I hate about this camera, it takes great shots, but it's hard to force it to focus on what you want, and my eyes are f'd so I can't tell what's in focus or what's not....it looked good to me! :)

Re: LA's Sideline Grow - GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST- Self Build Budmaster in Cupbo

Well I do love a bargain :) so I love finding useful crap at the local charity shops! Today we found a proper nice housing for my center self build light. Ill switch out my clusters and rig this soon. Then ill also rig some side light clusters :) I'm really getting into this self build bit :)
Anyway this is what I found for 2 quid.
20141004_132759.jpg
20141004_132819.jpg
20141004_132753.jpg

Re: LA's Sideline Grow - GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST- Self Build Budmaster in Cupbo

Im glad you got rid of the box over the lights...I thought it looked like it was going to get too hot! :)

Hey LA, I love you, in a blokey non-sexual kinda way OK. not that there's anything wrong with that!

I love the recycling - mmm I can see that you have an eye for, quality metal components, an eye for aesthetics, temperature handling

capabilities, ease of modification....may the recycling be with you!

Back
Top Bottom