Laughing Buddha Scrog

I was thinking of doing a setup in my hoop house when I get it built. It will solve any issue of height and keep it at a level I can work it. Topping will do the height but this makes the whole grow a nice easy to work mat of goodness.

I was thinking of doing a setup in my hoop house when I get it built. It will solve any issue of height and keep it at a level I can work it. Topping will do the height but this makes the whole grow a nice easy to work mat of goodness.
Lol. That is a big part of the idea.
It’s a bit more work in veg pulling everything back under the screen and manipulating it around to fill the screen, but once I’m flower, even watering Is easier.

Lol. That is a big part of the idea.
It’s a bit more work in veg pulling everything back under the screen and manipulating it around to fill the screen, but once I’m flower, even watering Is easier.
I don't mind the work, I would love it. :D LOL I first saw one on an old documentry of a outdoor grow in Cali back in the 80s. This would be a great way to save room in the hoop house. I was thinking of building my raised plant pots down the center. I could walk all the way around it, just an arms reach to do the trim and adjust the branches. How far is the Scog off the plants? Do you judge by how many nodes from the base, or, inches from stem base up?

I don't mind the work, I would love it. :D LOL I first saw one on an old documentry of a outdoor grow in Cali back in the 80s. This would be a great way to save room in the hoop house. I was thinking of building my raised plant pots down the center. I could walk all the way around it, just an arms reach to do the trim and adjust the branches. How far is the Scog off the plants? Do you judge by how many nodes from the base, or, inches from stem base up?
It’s about 12” from the soil to the screen.

plants are about 16 inches tall when i scrunch them under.

By the way, I’m no Scrog expert. I’ve only tried it a few times.
So, this is kind of an experiment for me. Lol

Thats cool I will be following your progress. I won't be able to do this till next years grow so, I will have to adjust for my grow. I'm not sure how leggy my plants will get in the hoop house. If they leg out me, I would have to raise the net I would think to maximize the branches. I may just make mine adjustable.

Thats cool I will be following your progress. I won't be able to do this till next years grow so, I will have to adjust for my grow. I'm not sure how leggy my plants will get in the hoop house. If they leg out me, I would have to raise the net I would think to maximize the branches. I may just make mine adjustable.
Ice seen people add a second layer of screen too.

Ice seen people add a second layer of screen too.
That is making me think... Hummm I have one plant that would be a good test this year, maybe two. Thinking about making a temp scrogs for them using bamboo sticks and hemp twine... I may have enough 1/2 pvc and joints to make 2. One plant is in a 5 gal bucket, the other is out in my raised bed.

I’m an occasional scrogger. I’m trying on this strain specifically because it’s sooo heavily sativa, and stretches a ton.

It may or may not improve yield, but it’s easier to take care of so far.
In pots it’ll get 5 ft tall indoors, that’s a lot of stakes per pot to work around. Lol
Ha...my last grow my tent looked like I had some porcupines in their towards the end

That is making me think... Hummm I have one plant that would be a good test this year, maybe two. Thinking about making a temp scrogs for them using bamboo sticks and hemp twine... I may have enough 1/2 pvc and joints to make 2. One plant is in a 5 gal bucket, the other is out in my raised bed.
Correct. Thai x Jamaican.

I popped 6 seeds about two years ago. This is by far the most sativa leaning of the 6 and the keeper pheno for me.

looks like this when I don’t scrog

4500A056-66D1-4787-A642-4414DB3A1F42.jpeg

Laughing Buddha is a Thai x Jamaican? Nice genetic mix. Looking great so far with the scrogs.
Laughing Buddha is a Thai x Jamaican? Nice genetic mix. Looking great so far with the scrogs.

I popped 6 seeds about two years ago. This is by far the most sativa leaning of the 6 and the keeper pheno for me.

1837C32E-9721-41D4-BD18-5B04A27F676B.jpeg

4500A056-66D1-4787-A642-4414DB3A1F42.jpeg
That is so frosty! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom