LED Grow Test

Re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

In reality Aircon units are the way forward at this point as oppose to leds. There are some great led test grows going on in here at the moment but they are proving to be pretty disappointing even with the latest higher wattages.

Then after that, home generators I guess to cover the electric bills lol In fact you could probably cover both of those bases right now for the price of decent led and have a far better and stronger yield.

:thumb:

In reality Aircon units are the way forward at this point as oppose to leds. There are some great led test grows going on in here at the moment but they are proving to be pretty disappointing even with the latest higher wattages.

Then after that, home generators I guess to cover the electric bills lol In fact you could probably cover both of those bases right now for the price of decent led and have a far better and stronger yield.

Im sorry just to be clear, are you telling me irish's 600w grow with my panel is a disappointment?

WOW that hurts!lol. even though i am winning plant of the month right now against some HPS lights in the mix.:grinjoint:

hmm, sorry, let me re-phase that... That test in particular shows that you can have some greattttt grows with leds!

Tho 600w is 600watts so same power electricity costs? and the unit is several thousand bucks?

hmm, sorry, let me re-phase that... That test in particular shows that you can have some greattttt grows with leds!

Tho 600w is 600watts so same power electricity costs? and the unit is several thousand bucks?

That's where I am at as well.

I want to believe.

But every grow test ends up with 4 to 6 90W LEDs and additional CFL's etc, to do what a 600W HID does. Watts needed end up being about 80% of an HID.

One can spend $800.00 to $1,000.00 on LED's to do what a $300.00 HID will do.

if you guys feel that way, then the answer is simple buy HID save the money and dont worry about leds. why even bother posting on a led thread if the so shitty? there are member out their who spent their hard earned money on their led lights, and i am sure they dont want to here you guys talking down on them like that.

the problem is now that the truth is coming out and people find they need to match HPS watt for watt with led the huge savings that are promised nearly vanish. I looked at a 600w LED unit called the spectra for like 1999 I dont see how the cost can be justified now. You wont actually save on your enegery costs.

there is no savings unless you can yield more then hps.
there will be a side by side test with a 300w led vs a 400w hps done by SS very soon. so until then we should just kick back and see what happens. you guys need to start ur own thread and talk about this, this has already been talked to death on this thread in the past and dont feel like having another led war break out on my thread, (its just beating a dead horse.) until a side by side is done. and we have the proof. like i said if you like HPS then buy HPS no need to continue this talk; nothing good comes out of it but wars and i dont want another war on my thread!

Irish I didn't mean to start of any negativity to be honest with you so sorry if went that way.

I literally picked up on a post about someones temperature issues and it was on that basis that I thought that at the moment, with costs as they still are then actually airecon was the way forward to combat heat issues as oppose to led as it would simply be a much more affordable outlay to most people. Hope that explains a bit.

I respect your grows and your tests and you have indeed proven that led lights can achieve great grows which is your goal.

:peacetwo:

Irish I didn't mean to start of any negativity to be honest with you so sorry if went that way.

I literally picked up on a post about someones temperature issues and it was on that basis that I thought that at the moment, with costs as they still are then actually airecon was the way forward to combat heat issues as oppose to led as it would simply be a much more affordable outlay to most people. Hope that explains a bit.

I respect your grows and your tests and you have indeed proven that led lights can achieve great grows which is your goal.

:peacetwo:

no problem and its nothing towards you. its just ive seen allot of led wars and this is how they start out every time. i was just trying to take the bullet out of the camber before it went off. just trying to keep peace brother. not sticking up for leds and bashing HID one bit. i love HID and have no reason to get rid of my 1000w HPS. ill use it when its cooler weather and i need the heat for my plants. but for now in my summer heat i will use my leds.

as I was surfing greenhouse seeds on their site I stumbled across another site led grows only one in particular was a 600 watt system using two 300 watt pro source panells his harvest claims were 540 grams dried the grow itself looked pretty spectacular cant remember the strain check it out for yourselves I showed my buddy his reply bullshit man if it really worked that well all the hydrophonic stores would be selling them he like me wants to believe but he figures they just are,nt quite there yet but Im giving it another shot 90 watt ufo pro source led combined with my rainforrest 318

there is no savings unless you can yield more then hps.
there will be a side by side test with a 300w led vs a 400w hps done by SS very soon. so until then we should just kick back and see what happens. you guys need to start ur own thread and talk about this, this has already been talked to death on this thread in the past and dont feel like having another led war break out on my thread, (its just beating a dead horse.) until a side by side is done. and we have the proof. like i said if you like HPS then buy HPS no need to continue this talk; nothing good comes out of it but wars and i dont want another war on my thread!

Nothing I said could be taken as trying to start a led war. You hit great results w/ your 600w led you won the led war. You showed that for LED to be considered a viable light you need to get near the 1w led per 1w HPS ratio and because of results like this LEDS have found their place. their niche even.

Bravo!

You almost never hear anyone claim LED's can't flower anymore.

Personally I tend to think they have a slight g/w advantage over HPS. I think a typical grower should be able to hit 1 gram/watt after a brief learning curve and a true green thumb might get in the 1.5 g/watt range.

Only the very best HPS growers hit 1 g/w except (though there are the 2 g/w Heath type vertical exceptions)

The value proposition (in my personal opinion) is:
less heat signature, no exploding bulbs, bulbs last longer, easier to achieve output ratios - for a higher up front cost of equipment.

Clearly worth it to the hobbyist closet grower how doesn't have pro ventilation set up and is just looking to fulfill a personal need.

Pretty high barrier to entry for a commercial grower (high cost of capital) - though the payback holds up at scale.

Glad we can discuss these things with civility.

:peace: to all :peace:

You almost never hear anyone claim LED's can't flower anymore.

Personally I tend to think they have a slight g/w advantage over HPS. I think a typical grower should be able to hit 1 gram/watt after a brief learning curve and a true green thumb might get in the 1.5 g/watt range.

Only the very best HPS growers hit 1 g/w except (though there are the 2 g/w Heath type vertical exceptions)

The value proposition (in my personal opinion) is:
less heat signature, no exploding bulbs, bulbs last longer, easier to achieve output ratios - for a higher up front cost of equipment.

Clearly worth it to the hobbyist closet grower how doesn't have pro ventilation set up and is just looking to fulfill a personal need.

Pretty high barrier to entry for a commercial grower (high cost of capital) - though the payback holds up at scale.

Glad we can discuss these things with civility.

:peace: to all :peace:

i agree 100%.
some cant grow because they live in apt where they cant run vent fans and run vent hoses threw their living places or they grow in closets when they can run vents and the HPS gets way too hot. this is where leds can help someone out. i have seen many growers come close to hitting 1gpw on their 1st led grow. where most dont hit with HID.

But the price of leds is high and it dose have less foot print so for the larger scale growers its a real high start up cost that most might not want to spend, and i understand that. the whole point is in some cases leds make it possible for some to grow and no one whats to here they waisted their money. support both grow light LED and HID. and if someone is looking to buy some grow lights do ur homework and know what ur buying be u spend the money

its cool they can use her lights all day long it dosent bug me. what bugs me is she bashes me for saying the truth, then she talks bad about my growing skills saying i am one of the worst grows who used her lights? she lies and trys to hide the truth, but the truth is out their, like i just showed. i am sick of her bashing everyone that has gotten bad results with her lights and making up lies.

Dude, Um your the plant of the month winner.....No tool with half a brain would bash your skills.

I worship your grows....and You my friend have influenced me after months of reading non stop on LED's to NEVER order from any witch on a power trip who thinks she owns a forum.

A business is a business, dont talk shit, dont get bashed that's how business works.

I was a salesman, and I told my customers, "I'm not a salesman, I'm here to make your life better, that's what I offer you, make your own mind up whether you want to buy from me and If I don't look after you, feel free to bad mouth me to your friends".

No matter how flash her website is, I wont deal with shit heads.

+Rep to you bro

Dude, Um your the plant of the month winner.....No tool with half a brain would bash your skills.

I worship your grows....and You my friend have influenced me after months of reading non stop on LED's to NEVER order from any witch on a power trip who thinks she owns a forum.

A business is a business, dont talk shit, dont get bashed that's how business works.

I was a salesman, and I told my customers, "I'm not a salesman, I'm here to make your life better, that's what I offer you, make your own mind up whether you want to buy from me and If I don't look after you, feel free to bad mouth me to your friends".

No matter how flash her website is, I wont deal with shit heads.

+Rep to you bro

I agree with you 100% and that why i wont buy from certain company's no matter what! customer service is very important to me when it comes to spending money. I wont spend money to just be bashed on.

Thanks for all the kind words. glade my grows can help you. i cant wait to see how my new grow pans out in the insane heat temps i am dealing with.

I'm an Ag Engineering student doing research on LED lighting and a good portion of my information comes from peoples real world experiences. I was under the impression that the HydroGrowLED units were the best production units available at the moment, so I was planning on ordering a few of her units do some testing but I'd love to talk to you about it first.

check u tube led grows they show some really nice setups 600watt grow with 540 grms dry weight return Ive never had that kind of luck but then again Ive only used a 90watt ufo pro source light great for veg now on the u tube site it shows a 90 watt setup with huge buds I really did,nt buy it check it out for yourself reps peace bro

I'm an Ag Engineering student doing research on LED lighting and a good portion of my information comes from peoples real world experiences. I was under the impression that the HydroGrowLED units were the best production units available at the moment, so I was planning on ordering a few of her units do some testing but I'd love to talk to you about it first.
i cant tell you for sure that HGL led lights are not the best out.
check u tube led grows they show some really nice setups 600watt grow with 540 grms dry weight return Ive never had that kind of luck but then again Ive only used a 90watt ufo pro source light great for veg now on the u tube site it shows a 90 watt setup with huge buds I really did,nt buy it check it out for yourself reps peace bro

the are a few grow on your tube, i am a 600w and their another one on their also. if its the 4 plants then that ones mine if its a grow with a tent full of plants then thats a different person. you guys should check out my last 600w grow in my sig, i also started a 1080w led grow that going on right now. the links are in my sig

Re: Led grow test. XXX vs. 180w

Nice thread Irish! It's too bad the cat fights filled it up. It's hard to fish through all of that for the facts! Mike's lights sound a step above. It means something to me that he is so confident about his lights!

Sadly, my SSDI income isn't going to let me try these LEDs, so I guess it's a 600W HPS and cheap window AC unit for me in baking hot CA. It looks better to save my money for a high quality LED (in a few years when the prices drop) rather than just get what I can afford now. My goal is quality to kill my pain and replace these narcotics that are killing me, not quantity or the best looking of plants and buds. (Imagine having your tears burn your eyes like acid!!
) As a newbie, I love experimenting with all of techniques people have, but $999 vs $300 and a $50AC unit is quite a difference on the budget side. Some day...

I'm subscribed to your next grow. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom