LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

So here is the deal my friends.. LED are all about individual spectrums correct. So why is LED manufactures making their units so all the spectrums come at the same time (because they don't know better). Basically they're trying to replicate an HID bulb. Since this is the practice of most current LED manufactures on the market. It will take WATT for WATT for these type of LED units to compete with an HID light that also has all it's spectrums on at the same time.. HID's have no choice.. LOL... But LED's on the other hand do. So if you can run the correct LED spectrums separately (on at different times), it takes aprox 475 watts of separated LED spectrums to compete with a 600w HID (in terms of yield only)..Potency on the other hand using seperated LED spectrums is for a different tread all together...LOL.....One day the truth will be as common as Chevrolet and Apple Pie...

I totally agree.. Had the PS side not had the runt. I think the PS light would of came close to 1 gram per watt.... Great show Irish...:bong:

yea i would have to second that, just say the big hs was on the ps side and you would only be a point off of 1 gpw, without any training would be good even for an hps garden. im real interesred how much that goes up with your next grow, glad your showing good comparisons with all the markets top lights.

and that, combined with the lower temps that allow people to grow who could never grow before, makes them a *very* attractive option for some folks.

Until you realize that you could have been growin all along and have the same results using any other cheap ass form of lights.

And no reason why you shouldn't get close to 600gr for 600w of HPS so MR. Positive with the LED ratio's is way off his calculations and on top your saying "what if " to come up with your numbers on the LED side.

If it takes the same amount of watts to come up with the same harvest what electricity are you saving.

AND EVEN THE WATT FOR WATT TESTS LED HASN'T KEPT UP!

hey irish i was also was really confused what each plant weighed when looking at the pics, can u post just a list what each plant yielded individually under each light, thanks if u can track that down

alright here are the dry weights for my girls.

test_weight_006_600x449.jpg

test_weight_003_600x449.jpg

test_weight_005_600x449.jpg

test_weight_004_600x449.jpg

total blue dream weight= 86.6g

total Hindu skunk (the Runt)= 15.3g

grand total= 101.9g

test_weight_002_600x449.jpg

test_weight_007_600x449.jpg

test_weight_008_600x449.jpg

total blue dream weight= 14.3g

total Hindu skunk= 74.6g

grand total= 88.9g

The list is already up man.

May have just been a flash, or lighting issue Bot. Not to say your wrong. Just throwing out another option.

-Go-

So here is the deal my friends.. LED are all about individual spectrums correct. So why is LED manufactures making their units so all the spectrums come at the same time (because they don't know better). Basically they're trying to replicate an HID bulb. Since this is the practice of most current LED manufactures on the market. It will take WATT for WATT for these type of LED units to compete with an HID light that also has all it's spectrums on at the same time.. HID's have no choice.. LOL... But LED's on the other hand do. So if you can run the correct LED spectrums separately (on at different times), it takes aprox 475 watts of separated LED spectrums to compete with a 600w HID (in terms of yield only)..Potency on the other hand using seperated LED spectrums is for a different tread all together...LOL.....One day the truth will be as common as Chevrolet and Apple Pie...

Probably so, and there'll probably have to be a little processor in the lamp to be programmed for the switching, or a lot of toggle switches to adjust. And sensors to tell when and how much the plants are absorbing the different spectrums. Could get more expensive before it gets cheaper...

hey irish i was also was really confused what each plant weighed when looking at the pics, can u post just a list what each plant yielded individually under each light, thanks if u can track that down

sorry bro i was in trim mode i just threw all the BD from each lights into the jars didn't do the weight of each plant separate.

sorry bro i was in trim mode i just threw all the BD from each lights into the jars didn't do the weight of each plant separate.

its all good i was assuming as much, was that leafy pile of bd all the popcorn nugs u were talking about? and is each pic just varying levels of quality like tops to popcorn nugs or was it just multiple pics, thanks ahead of time for answeing small questions like this

its all good i was assuming as much, was that leafy pile of bd all the popcorn nugs u were talking about? and is each pic just varying levels of quality like tops to popcorn nugs or was it just multiple pics, thanks ahead of time for answeing small questions like this

ya that leafy pic was popcorn buds/smaller buds that will be used for hash, thats why i didnt trim them all crazy like the others. all the multiple pics were different stages of buds, top,mid, bottom. i was sorting them out
so i can keep them in different jars to cure. i like to let my A1 buds cure longer and i just smoke the mid size/mid plant buds first, and save the tops for last to smoke. that way i have some buds that are cured for a month or more when i run out of the others.

sorry i made it so confusing for you guys, i should have noted this to you guys from the start.

ya that leafy pic was popcorn buds/smaller buds that will be used for hash, thats why i didnt trim them all crazy like the others. all the multiple pics were different stages of buds, top,mid, bottom. i was sorting them out
so i can keep them in different jars to cure. i like to let my A1 buds cure longer and i just smoke the mid size/mid plant buds first, and save the tops for last to smoke. that way i have some buds that are cured for a month or more when i run out of the others.

sorry i made it so confusing for you guys, i should have noted this to you guys from the start.

In the end it doesn't really matter...the fact is the 180 came in like other LEDs at .56gr/w and the 126 although better at .7 is still far short of getting around 300grs from a 400 hps. And don't forget that we weren"t told that it was going to match but beat it ! Thanks for taking a hit to educate the rest. I know it must have been embarassing holding up a marker to compare buds when you're use to so much more! Let me know where you are and we'll send you some blush cover up for that 600w gargantuan your testing next...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyweed
So if I understand this correctly, I can expect roughly 1 gram per watt? I know someone will say there is a person in a far distant land that has achieved 1.7 gram per watt but from what I have seen with my two eyes the realistic yield is .8 to 1 gram per watt. I just have to clear this up before I decide what MFG I want to try out. Its just really hard sifting through all the claims and making a wise decision on which light to pick. Any recommendation Irishboy? You seem to have done a lot of testing.

LED GIRL: wrote

Irish can't make up his mind lol, probably not the best person to ask. For example, he stated that whatever LED company won the test, he would purchase more lights from to fill his garden and post his next grow online. Prior to the test even being completed, he was already soliciting yet another LED company for free lights. He's very indecisive, and doesn't know anything relating to the science behind why these things work.

Beginners using our lights are yielding .8-1.0 grams per watt. People like myself are doing 1.5 grams per watt and up (but we also run aeroponics, co2, etc...). Another friend of mine did 1.8 grams per watt. So it's all about you and your level of experience, as well as the equipment you're using. I guarantee our lights will outperform any of our competitors watt for watt. For your first round, .8-1.0 gpw should be achievable. After a few rounds, over 1gpw should be achievable. People like VerdantGreen will likely do over 1gpw on their first harvest using our first generation LED's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyweed
So if I understand this correctly, I can expect roughly 1 gram per watt? I know someone will say there is a person in a far distant land that has achieved 1.7 gram per watt but from what I have seen with my two eyes the realistic yield is .8 to 1 gram per watt. I just have to clear this up before I decide what MFG I want to try out. Its just really hard sifting through all the claims and making a wise decision on which light to pick. Any recommendation Irishboy? You seem to have done a lot of testing.

LED GIRL: wrote

Irish can't make up his mind lol, probably not the best person to ask. For example, he stated that whatever LED company won the test, he would purchase more lights from to fill his garden and post his next grow online. Prior to the test even being completed, he was already soliciting yet another LED company for free lights. He's very indecisive, and doesn't know anything relating to the science behind why these things work.

Beginners using our lights are yielding .8-1.0 grams per watt. People like myself are doing 1.5 grams per watt and up (but we also run aeroponics, co2, etc...). Another friend of mine did 1.8 grams per watt. So it's all about you and your level of experience, as well as the equipment you're using. I guarantee our lights will outperform any of our competitors watt for watt. For your first round, .8-1.0 gpw should be achievable. After a few rounds, over 1gpw should be achievable. People like VerdantGreen will likely do over 1gpw on their first harvest using our first generation LED's.

SO BASICALLY EVEN THOUGHT YOU GREW THREE PLANTS UNDER HER LIGHTS AND SHE HAD ONLY ONE PLANT DO GOOD WITCH IS WHY SHE GETS THE WIN,SHE WANTS YOU TO STILL BUY (HER) LIGHTS.THATS SILLY I SAW ALL THOSE PLANTS WITH MY OWN EYES,AND HER BLUE DREAMS WERE JUST SHITTY(WHOLE PLANT)....HER HINDU WAS JUST A SOLDIER STRAIN..ALSO SHE CLAIMS IRISH DOESNT KNOW THE SCIENCE BEHIND LED'S, BUT HE NEVER CLAIMED TOO...SO DOES THAT MEAN U HAVE TO KNOW THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE LIGHTS TO GROW GOOD BUDS..HMMM EVERYONE CAN BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT BUT PS DID BETTER (WHOLE PLANTS) ALSO OTHER COMPANIES CONTACT IRISH AND GIVE HIM FREE LIGHTS..SHOULD HE SAY KNOW TO A FREE 600W LED ...I SAY THIS CUZ I KNOW:bong:

ON TOP OF ALL THAT HER BLUE DREAMS WERE AT THE RECOMMENED HEIGHT FROM THE LED'S,,ITS HER HINDU THAT WAS SUPPER CLOSE (LIKE 2 INCHES AT SOME POINT)SO MAYBE THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WHY HER HINDU SKUNK DID GOOD,,,,ALSO ALL THE VERY BOTTOM BUDS ON THE HINDU SKUNK WERE SHITTY (WHEN I SAY SHITTY I MEAN NOT SMOKABLE) SO FAR I LIKE WE HAVE PROVEN THAT LED'S DO GROW GOOD BUDS,,,BUT TO COMPARE THEM TO HID IS F*CKIN CRAZY...IRISH HAS BEEN VERY TRUTHFULL TO HIS THREAD, SHE SHOULD NOT TALK SHT AND GET A xEx CHANGE !!!

Back
Top Bottom