LED & HPS Combined Grow

Just some updated pics. Threw the scrog training net on, ill flip the Ak on tues.
420-magazine-mobile1893268588.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1549400309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1366344411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile966911298.jpg
420-magazine-mobile204140669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1193085614.jpg

Happy growing :)

Soooo the land lord is swinging over for an inspection, so the ladies have been shuffled around for the last few days. Making things....unstable in terms of ever hoping getting the max potential.

Anyway I found out, for all of you that are familiar with the big bud strain. It's heritage is - afghani x skunk #1. And my heavyweight - fast and vast auto is - Afghani x Skunk #1 x white dwarf (since it has to have an auto parent to be an auto) soooo i bascially have a big bud auto lol...

Anyway some shots!

28 days veg and now in 3 days of flower.

Right side is the heavyweight. Left side is the AK47. In all the shots.

And finally the auto ww in the 3gal smartpot :)

420-magazine-mobile1668637136.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1218789416.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1584194530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1710661930.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2030631747.jpg
420-magazine-mobile391275850.jpg

Grow Strongggg

Hey guys :) small update.

The two hydro plants got way too big root wise for their containers. Also, they were drinking 3/4s of their 2.4L water capacity in one day :/ so! From the original 1.4L containers

420-magazine-mobile1164465432.jpg

to the current 2.4L

420-magazine-mobile211875572.jpg

and now the new 5L rez.

420-magazine-mobile1085671060.jpg

The hydro part of this grow was always just to have a bit of fun seeing what the smallest size rez I could run a dwc bubbleponics system with. Since I only grow 2-3 large girls at a time, doing rez changes every 2 days really doesn't bother me.

Some shots!

Ak47 first day 34 from seed. Still in veg. 1.5ftish
420-magazine-mobile226195621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1585968193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile902982051.jpg

Heavyweight - Fast & Vast auto day 34 from seed. Just switched to flowering nutes two days ago. 1.5ftish as well.
420-magazine-mobile1818439605.jpg

420-magazine-mobile137478282.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1041645764.jpg

:3

It's been a while since I updated the WW Auto and she has certainly shown some development since last viewing.

It had been 7 days since my last wateting so I got stuck into that and she was all the happier after.
5.9pH and running 800ppm.

Week 2 of flower. Around 40 days in total now from seed.

Finished some more LST to get alllllll the heads in the light. I've also trained thr canopy to be quite flat, which was a nice result!

420-magazine-mobile1514668752.jpg

420-magazine-mobile351522744.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1205700919.jpg

Finally this journal will start taking its true form as I now have the additional 400w mh running alongside my led and 600w hps.

The new tent is taking shape slowly but surely. Running a sweet 76.7 F

The first photo shows why you don't use a container without a lid for a rez. The "Just Juice" 2.4L bottle was full of roots and required me to cut it away too free ze plant haha. Poor thing, replanted it into its new 5L rez.

420-magazine-mobile830922499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2105243422.jpg

420-magazine-mobile44353452.jpg

Secondly we have the Fast and Vast. Just doing its thing. I looked at the genetics of it and they are identical to "big bud" so we shall see how potent she really is...

420-magazine-mobile774810126.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1850173326.jpg

420-magazine-mobile352547535.jpg

Last but not least the WW auto.

Getting into week three of flower and things are coming along nicely. Apart from my light falling into the middle and burning a hole in her...

420-magazine-mobile478262611.jpg

420-magazine-mobile139727047.jpg

420-magazine-mobile39078606.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1423081427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile15778653.jpg

Group shots!

420-magazine-mobile2086688982.jpg

Grow!

You grow some fine flowers my friend. More people should be seeing this. Add a link in your signature (link in red below on how to do this) and get posting around. People follow links. Keep on growing. :passitleft:

You just made my night brotha! Very kind words and great advice! I'll add it into my signature now :) and thanks again for showing support man, I really appreciate it!!

I'm just about to take some photos and show how good this heavyweight is going to be, actually turning out awesomely for an un-topped lass.
You grow some fine flowers my friend. More people should be seeing this. Add a link in your signature (link in red below on how to do this) and get posting around. People follow links. Keep on growing. :passitleft:

Awesome journal and plants I'll be subbed up. More space always helps!!
Glad to have you here brotha :)
Ill throw an update down later this morning since there has been some decent growth since the last update! Very exciting stuff!

I'm getting ready to plant my Dutch Passion - Think Big auto and Durban poison auto. Alongside Big buddah - Blue cheese auto. All in 4 gallon dwc :)

Nice plants. Good journal and grow.
Need to stop by and check on your progress from time to time.
How was the transfer out of a tapered neck bottle. lol. I don't do tapered anymore. Widemouth only

Hey hey Mr GreenJeans!!! Lookin really nice thus far my brother!!! Im pullin up a seat and bustin out my vape for this one. Puff puff pass. Nice to meetcha friend. :volcano-smiley:to my left as you will.

How was the transfer out of a tapered neck bottle. lol. I don't do tapered anymore. Widemouth only
Thanks so much Tri! :) I'll have to drop past your journals when I get a chance after work and respect some of your work!

Haha the transfer was interesting, root mass that resembled the shape of the bottle, and basically finding out I had to cut the rotten bottle away to get the poor lass out. Rescue mission styles .

I just grabbed 4x 5L buckets and made them all the same so I can freely interchange buckets every 2 days for a fresh one with a fresh mix of soup. However, learnt not to put the airline through the lid! You just end up picking alllllll the roots up with the airstones..

Hey hey Mr GreenJeans!!! Lookin really nice thus far my brother!!! Im pullin up a seat and bustin out my vape for this one. Puff puff pass. Nice to meetcha friend. :volcano-smiley:to my left as you will.
My dude, your kind words are certainly a nice thing to wake up too! Cheers man, really appreciate having you here, just be sure not to hesitate adding in anything you think will help!

Sorry for all the pics, just love taking photos everyday :(

DAY 25 for the Hydro. On the bottom right is the heavyweight fast and vast. The other is the ak47. And good old ww auto in the flower pot.

420-magazine-mobile1732363545.jpg

420-magazine-mobile958515718.jpg

I was reading through last night and fell asleep, so I'm picking up this morning. This post made me chortle with glee. You obviously have never followed one of my journals. :laughtwo: Pretty pictures are what many of us are all about. Save the apologies Doc, you're doing fine. I'm going back to reading. I have to say, I love the training scrog. All the trouble everyone goes through to set screens and tie off ropes and one of the most effective ways to do this training is exactly what you did. I read of an outdoor grow where the guy did this exact move, simply carried up some heavy-duty concrete reinforcement grid, threw it on the plants and walked away.

I'm really enjoying reading your journal. Can't wait to catch up. :battingeyelashes:

:laughtwo: A true live-and-learn moment. Lol! Thanks for the clue about the air line through the lid. Haha! The little things we don't consider, eh?

Not sure how to "de-thank" my own post :/ accidents happen!

You simply hit the button again and it removes the like.

Well.....this was delightful to follow. I believe I'll stick around to watch you get this grow firmly established, and that wounded WW to harvest. I find that the wounded ones give me the most powerful oils. They think you're trying to kill them so they develop more potent concoctions to try and improve the chances of survival. That is not an encouragement to abuse your plants, just a soft reminder that we don't need to beat ourselves up when we hurt them.

Kuddos for putting the tent up yourself. Please tell me you were able to get the glasses repaired. Losing clear eyesight isn't supposed to be part of the plan. :hug:

I have to share, this is my bedroom.

IMG_60767.JPG

I have a 4x4, but I also have a daughter with a severe anxiety disorder who lives in the next apartment, and there's no way to be stealthy with a 4x4 in a 12'x15' room, is there? We compromised for her peace of mind and got two 2x2 tents instead. As you can imagine, it cut down slightly on the number I can grow in big pots, but I grow for her, and it made no sense to stress her out while growing meds to treat the anxiety disorder now, did it?

That compromise allowed me to hang these curtains to disguise the space. I get inspected periodically too, and the last time the inspector pointed to the curtains and asked what was behind there, to which I sweetly responded "Old Victorian buildings have no closet space. That's my Christmas decorations and dead storage." He accepted that explaination and moved on. Made me smile that it can be so easy to be a kindly old woman. :laughtwo:

I have to jump back and give you some reps for the grow. You're doing a great job with the Hydros. I'm running a hempy pot next to my Doc Bud soil pots just for the fun of it. Well.... I say just for the fun of it, but the truth is I've been tremendously pleased with the quality of what I've grown in my hempy pots so far. All this bias in the soil communities about increased quality...I don't find the hempy pot plants to be deficient in any way, so I don't know where that comes from. It's a good argument for finding out from your own experience.

Mr Am4zin, thank you for pointing me in his direction. :hug: :Love :hug:

IMG_60767.JPG

It is indeed my absolute pleasure to have you looking over my journal Sue! Im currently finishing my medical science degree and have exams tomorrow, but I just wanted to ensure you that I will catch up with you on all the things you mentioned! Can't wait infact! Seems like we can learn a lot off eachother.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, it's really hard. My partner has severe anxiety and paranoia so I do my best to find the medicine which will allow her to find comfort!

More later when I'm free!

The WW wounded auto, coming back hard! Just at 3.9 weeks.

7fbdb1d3b80063f971d529a8d01c8ecf.jpg
9ade511bc2ab0f6e20df738636e5de51.jpg
c5e5a51c5ae6ab87ba9457ebd11a79b0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom