LED & HPS Combined Grow

looking very good dr green jeans i must say. you say your going to be doing some grand daddy purp?
i was looking at doing this but as they are £145 for 5 seeds i thought best not for my first grow lol. anyway keep up the good work
:tokin::bong:
Thanks so much mate! Really appreciate you taking the time to check out my stuff :D

For GDP I would goto MSNL seed bank. Their seeds are like 69 AUD dollars for 5 and I followed two journals of the actual seeds from that site and I must say. Purple, son. So gove that a look forsure!

Grow strong brotha!!

Looking real nice in your tent man. Do you maneuver lights and plants around? Have you put LED lights vertically to plants?Have you checked out the Dewey aero? I'm going to DIY this. Might speed up growth.
Anyway reservoir shit! I'm using the short tubs for the cabinet (experiment continues). New tub of latest clones are not hooked up to Chiller yet. Didn't expect temps to get this high. So, instead of drain a gallon, top off a gallon. Repeat untill res temp norm. I drained complete tank and refilled. Next day checking the little darlings roots. And repositioning plants in tub. Noticed a brown spot on rock wool bottom were roots pushed through. Than I remembered an article I read. That advised not to do a complete reservoir change on new seedlings/Clones. Untill new roots and leaves are firmly established. Or, you have a chance of removing the biofilm on roots. Opening a pathway for pathogens to bind above the water line. Loss of fine root hairs and brownish to grey stains will appear. Added "CompleZym" by Complete Hydroponics. Disaster adverted. Funny thing is that I pulled up the article. It was in the "bullshit" file......now sits in "Trueshit" file. Lol
Yeah! I'm actually just about to look up the dewey aero system :) very keen for a look!

I've considered and would prefer hanging my leds vertically; however, only relying on 2 of the 4 harnessing points on the led panel scares me. I got a bit worried of damage. But, tbh im sure they could both take the weight. Might give it a whirl!

You see, heat problems haven't really ever been much higher than 81f this grow. And only got down to about 66f at one point a while ago when the lights were off. So having to change hot rez water is so absolutely foreign to me. What a bloody nightmare :/

Finally getting some beautiful trichs on alllll the ladies, really looking gorgeous!

I'm just going to drop past the local hydro store today so I can start manufacturing my new hydro home for my new 4 beany beans.

Quick ?, you are down under mid/end Autumn. Spring here and some crazy weather. Understand your concerns about lights and security. (Shit happens ).
You might like this.
Put this fan on a temp shelf for a moment. Started to ocillat the light. Stoned moment turned into an hour of moving fans and swinging lights. What a rabbit hole of amusements that was

420-magazine-mobile1510078552.jpg

These smaller reflector series are perfect for maneuverability

Quick ?, you are down under mid/end Autumn. Spring here and some crazy weather. Understand your concerns about lights and security. (Shit happens ).
You might like this.
Put this fan on a temp shelf for a moment. Started to ocillat the light. Stoned moment turned into an hour of moving fans and swinging lights. What a rabbit hole of amusements that was

420-magazine-mobile1510078552.jpg

These smaller reflector series are perfect for maneuverability
Quick?

You're spot on as usual Tric, those 5w diode mars reflectors are absolutely fantastic for moving and getting shaded spots covered. I cant believe I didn't think of hanging it lkke that. Certainly prone to stoner moments .

And HAHAHAHAHHAAH OOHHHH GOD swinging lights!!!!! Hahahah I can actually see that all going down. How frantic lol!

Yeah indeed im down under. Just starting winter now. It's about 3 degrees celcius here in the mornings :/

Also, im about to finally purchase this suave air temp/ air speed controller!!! Woooo alll the regulations now.

Oh you are so lucky. I'm battling 100 degree F temps with 100% humidity while building my new grow rooms inside a large shed. Got ac and dehumidifier in the flower room, but air exchange in the veg. I made one little change yesyerday and it was 97 F in the veg room last night! I changed it again just now and got the temp down to 87 F with 83% humidity. Gotta wait till Friday to put the other AC in. Where I am it is 100 degrees F with 100 % humidity most days around now and I can't grow in tents in the house anymore because of kids. What I wouldn't give for some 40 degree F weather lol.
Nice purchase! Little more accurate than you memory and hand huh? Trust me I know. I used to set alarms to turn the fans up or down and flip out if I got stuck at work lol.
Keep up the good growing, it keeps getting better....and more work lol

UPDATEEEE:

DAY 59 White Widow AUTO

DAY 41 Fast & Vast Auto + AK47 Fem

It's pretty interesting, the white widow is 1.5Ft, the Fast & Vast is 2ft and the AK47 is sitting at 3ft on the money.

Had a slight issue with my ppms and pH, I was pushing it at 750 - 780 ppm's and after a day the things were rising to 820 and the pH was dropping to 4.0 :/ so definitely too many nutrients. Dropped it back to 700. Hopefully nipped it early and tip burn doesn't settle in.

Flip side. Under-fed the poor ww so I bumped the feed upto 1100 from 900. So hopefully the slight nitrogen deficiency will clear up in the days to come :)

That's it for now :)

. .
a52377dd2b7ee4e3632b63f40086ff15.jpg
e417d46d18599d69765eb5aa50df4cdb.jpg
d4f3024507d09472d3d897fc6e7016d5.jpg
623f5b79de71a711c5e7ec3c5baef97a.jpg
648ad42fb2869e68fa79ba3061dae10a.jpg
a0fbb242b2bd0813eaef9b9a50549b10.jpg
fb4fb257e8ba5120b1174fa2d4f4bc28.jpg
b9abfca2a371b1be5d639404012d68a2.jpg
7476318a9c5e8175478fb376dbdbb852.jpg
8ea85d3c9a92882ab8f30f667aa48d7b.jpg
70b4dc541362570b08fc1cc01bfc7388.jpg

Looks great Dr!!!

Yup sounds like lock out and they were spitting. PH back in range lower ppm and make sure the increases are gradual. I've had lockout from bumping the ppm up too much at one time even tho they were hungry. Keep up the good growing
Good advice brotha, got all the things back in line.

The ww lime green leaves have started getting dark green again, starting in the middle lateral leaf vein and spreading, so that seems good!

Bloody lockout doe. So annoying.

Look a little pale brother. But, it seems your on top of it. Easy on the increase of nutes. Otherwise they are looking nice.
Jay233 sorry for the stress your girls are going through. Hurry up and get the A.C. on.

Look a little pale brother. But, it seems your on top of it. Easy on the increase of nutes. Otherwise they are looking nice.
Jay233 sorry for the stress your girls are going through. Hurry up and get the A.C. on.
Yeah, the jump certainly hurt the white widow. But, being white widow and having the genetic strength of a shark, she shall bounce back.

It's funny, I've never had to deal with lockout in my soil grow. Bit of a foreigner when it comes to soil as I'm still learning :(

Any tips for lockout? Since I made a jump from 800 - 1,100 and it was ~3 days ago. Since I'm seeing signs of the leaves turn pale on the bottom working its way up, I would usually say Nitrogen def. But that's certainly not the case. So, deffs lockout I woule presume. Any tips?

Really digging the MacGyver-ness of it all.
Simple is best, and people can so often find things they need already in their home.

Yes man flush with pH water (6.3 to 6.5 ) 2X the size of pot. What are you feeding? Need to rinse some of it or most of it out of the soil if you think its lock out. What is locking it out? Calcium? Can you get a pic under natural light?

Yes man flush with pH water (6.3 to 6.5 ) 2X the size of pot. What are you feeding? Need to rinse some of it or most of it out of the soil if you think its lock out. What is locking it out? Calcium? Can you get a pic under natural light?
Yeah absolutely. I'll take some pics at lights on @ 7am.

I believed it to be lock-out since I stupidly raised the ppms from 800ppm too 1100, overnight. 3 days later and my leaves are showing a random nitrogen def (going pale, starting from the older and working its way up, 100% N deficiency that DEFINITELY, SHOULDN'T be showing up, as I have always used cal-mag)

With that said, I felt as if the N deficiency was an Artefact in the results, since a deficiency is THE most misdiagnosed symptom of nutrient lock out.

Please share your thoughts if you have any! Just trying to sound board my shit up atm trying to work it all out :/.

Also, going to switch my 600w to the MH two weeks before the WW harvest. Did someone say frosty? Seriously, if using a MH, HPS LED'S (full spectrum) alongside the whole canna range including pk 13/14 and booster. And don't forget that cali-magggic, which also seems to help with resin production in the flowering phases. So god damn! If I don't have the frostiest nugs, I'm going to be pretty shocked.

One last thing. The Big Bud genetics are just so apparent in the Fast & Vast in-terms of XXL bud production. I strongly recommend this strain so far, it's going to be a monster auto yield forsure. Stay tuned :)

Doc
52e99a8cdb6ecbb024c43e1f2c0524a2.jpg

51f37e50d1f1395511c7353381c5f029.jpg

186340ec63bb821200c1198985b523d5.jpg

AK47 :)

f766f017a1824f3f04c3273ab112ec21.jpg

Good! Seems like your on top of it. What is your soil? Even tho pH fluctuations are the main culprit for lock out. Buffers to soil can play hell in late stage grow using calcium additives. All in all easy on base nutrients and play with the boosters. You are using part or whole of " Complete Hydroponics" products?
Girls look great!
MH light also? What is your electricity free? I'm a moving there.lol Nice to see that part of the world again. Keep em' frosty

Good! Seems like your on top of it. What is your soil? Even tho pH fluctuations are the main culprit for lock out. Buffers to soil can play hell in late stage grow using calcium additives. All in all easy on base nutrients and play with the boosters. You are using part or whole of " Complete Hydroponics" products?
Girls look great!
MH light also? What is your electricity free? I'm a moving there.lol Nice to see that part of the world again. Keep em' frosty
Bit concerned, looked at the ww this morning and after flushing last night I'm not sure if she looks any better or any worse. I'll wait until tonight to decide whether or not she needs more flushing.

I'm using straight canna terra professional with an extra 5% added perlite. Nothing else :) just using the whole range of canna products.

Well realistically. I'm running a 400w hps and a 600w hps alongside my two led panels. Ill switch the 600w hps out and replace it with the 600w MH :)

Ok, your soil is peat and bark.

This is from there website.

"Terra Professional Plus is PH-adjusted and has a lime charge large enough to last for an entire growth cycle of practically any plant. It also carries a mineral-nutrient starter charge that adjusts the initial level of nutrients in the soil up to a level primed to work perfectly with the Canna Terra line of nutrients."

This is what is happening.
Dolomitic limestone is the pH buffer. Around 45 days or so calcium starts leaching. At significant amounts that if feeding Cal/Mag also.......not good. Nutrient lockout happens usually misdiagnosed as cal def.....than shit really happens.
Again, Good call on lock out!
Email the soil company for their data sheets and white papers.
Do some research brother. Good info.
Flush, easy on nutes, play with boosters, NO more cal/Mag.
Oh yeah!!!! Must be nice that your whole country went medical marijuana legal.
Have any plans of grabbing a piece of the million dollar industry. Entrepreneur, investments or just plain corner the f#c&in market.lol
Keep 'em GREEN not yeller doc

Back
Top Bottom