LED vs HPS

Which LED lights do you use?

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In those photos I was using 3x of the mars II 400w models, but they were the original designs with 3w chips, no dual switches and a slightly different spectrum than what is now offered. I sold those and don't have them anymore.

I now use Budmaster LED's. Click on my links in my signature below to see them in action.

In those photos I was using 3x of the mars II 400w models, but they were the original designs with 3w chips, no dual switches and a slightly different spectrum than what is now offered. I sold those and don't have them anymore.

I now use Budmaster LED's. Click on my links in my signature below to see them in action.
I'm new here. So I'll figure out the instructions that you gave. Thank you

Should I have gone bigger then to replace my 1000w hps lights??
You should have gone for the Mars pro II 320 lamps. They give 800 real watts each
Basic leds as said do u proud for sure.then u get other led panels better built.giving insane results.here a link about the sponsored light im using.led panel.blackdiamond perfectsun goliath 1000. Replaces and is more powerful than a 1000w hps setup .proof in the vid
Goliath LED vs 1000 watt HPS average PAR - YouTube
Hope this helps happy growing every1;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I love LED.

The issue I had was the price.

For example if I am spending close to a grand Canadian on an led that draws 800 watts I may as well buy a HPS.

But when I build my own it's affordable and better.

Why do we keep talking watts?

That's draw and has no affect on growth - just wallet.

The output is what matters.

My 3x3 is maxed out unless I add CO2 and for less than $500.

You should have gone for the Mars pro II 320 lamps. They give 800 real watts each

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I use my 320 for flowering and get insane results, much easier to manage the heat from it in the 100+ degree summers of California. I do follow the K.I.S.S. logic and stick to plain old t5ho for veg though and love it. HPS/MH wasn't a viable option without spending $2000 on a mini split for my grow room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:rollit:I love the new LED lighting systems. They just cost too much! Less heat than HPS is good, fuller spectrum, somewhat less power consumption and no replacing bulbs and ballast all the time. Now, if I could get a true 1000 watt HPS equivalent LED for under $500-$600 I would indeed, be a happy grower! :cheesygrinsmiley: I get decent results with only T5 HO lights for auto grows! The yield is better with HPS during the flower and I am sure it would be with a good LED! I think good organic natural nutrients and high quality well water is important for my success. Ph is never a problem for me and never measured these days. :passitleft:I have used only two purchased nutrient products for about twenty plus years now, Neptune's Harvest fish emulsion and Salt Water Farms- Sea Com seaweed concentrate. Along with my organic farm made compost, it is all I need to get big frosty buds. I have never had a nutrient or trace element deficiency or PH problem in my grows. I have had plants over or under watered on occasion but easily corrected with proper attention.:thumb: I am blessed to live in an area of great water, that also makes great beer, whiskey or wine straight out of the ground without need of additives or filtering, along with living on a mini farm with access to farm resources for good composting. Now just get the goons out of my garden and I wouldn't need lighting either!:peace:

Why do we keep talking watts?

I talk watts because it's useful to be able to compare the power to the traditional HPS/HID lamps.

800 watt is the output when compared to HPS/HID according to the lamp's spesifications. The draw is less than 800

mars-hydro-320-spesification.jpg

I talk watts because it's useful to be able to compare the power to the traditional HPS/HID lamps.

800 watt is the output when compared to HPS/HID according to the lamp's spesifications. The draw is less than 800

Watts are not output.

Lumens, par watts ppof are what matters.

Your plant doesn't use watts for photosynthesis

If you want to compare them use output vs wattage

Growmau5 does a great comparison with a gravita.

Now they are switchable,and we upgraded it to 5w chips.:high-five:
I'm new here. So I'll figure out the instructions that you gave. Thank you

:thanks:

Thanks for What?

Comparing watts does not compare anything but costs on elec. bill.

What are the ppof numbers for your lights?

What make are the drivers?

My Mars ii had Chinese drivers that were extremely uneffecient.

My mars pro 320 was just as bad, lasted about 2 weeks before it started to "flicker" and randomly shut off in 5-10 minute intervals even with temps controlled between 68-72 and humidity at 40-52% in the room. LED is great if you have the ability, time and money to build a COB set up but I don't think "off the shelf" is really where it needs to be yet.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Golden thread ,I want to try led but I get masssssive yields under hps due to how I HANG my bulbs .

I hang my bulbs horizontally WITHOUT a hood/reflector so I'm able to have 3 rows of trees and 2 seas of green with 6 x 600 watts I yield an avg 14 pounds.

So If I was to get LED for this room the led would need to illuminate on all angles as a hps bulb does when I hang it MY way.

I really want to go LED help me out here.
IMG_20170727_084711.jpg
IMG_20170727_090348.jpg
IMG_20170727_090431.jpg
IMG_20170727_090401.jpg
IMG_20170726_091953.jpg
IMG_20170726_092355.jpg
IMG_20170726_092407.jpg
IMG_20170724_091659.jpg
IMG_20170724_091844.jpg
IMG_20170724_091900.jpg
IMG_20170724_091938.jpg
IMG_20170723_225341.jpg

Usually we will recommend customer go with the Mars Pro II Epistar320 instead of the Mars Pro Epistar320.
The remote control with smart system,it's complicated to use,and not easy to reset.
I'm sorry to hear that your light have problem,sorry for the late reply,how about your light now? if you have any problem,you can send your light to our repair service:service@mars-hydro.com,we will check for you,many customer used this light,the got great result.:Namaste:
Our light Work Temperature:-4°F ~105°F (-20°C ~ 40°C) working humidity:=<90% ,so for your growing condition is fine.
My mars pro 320 was just as bad, lasted about 2 weeks before it started to "flicker" and randomly shut off in 5-10 minute intervals even with temps controlled between 68-72 and humidity at 40-52% in the room. LED is great if you have the ability, time and money to build a COB set up but I don't think "off the shelf" is really where it needs to be yet.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok so I'm new to the thread but am looking for some info and have found a lot on here so thank you all for the help. I'm a newer grower with only 3 grows under my belt. I switched to full spectrum led from mars this grow. I am looking to upgrade to a bigger panel for the next one. This was just a experiment. Had some troubles this grow due to unexpectedly moving them in the dead of winter. They recovered but the one under the mars light looks to be doing better then my normal lights.. I'll add I only grow for personal and grow in a 4x4 and 5x5 tent. So only do 4 to 6 at a time.
2639a35f8c0157748e717093a73b3a93.jpg
acb38ccdb9f3a8e22a617221fb614ba4.jpg
17d3b479ea859bc27eeeaa06aa584f04.jpg
949f6e6be71b105fa1b6a2bd052f5e1d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom