420 Magazine Background

Let's Go Summer Grow - Experimenting With My Own Crossbreeding - Summer Sativas

danishoes21

Good Summer session to all, hope this one brings lots of joy!

For this next couple months I will try to grow some of my own seeds, work hard and hope to see lots of buds if I can have a good grow!
So on my most recent grow I got some seeds out of all my buds, they were pollinated at the time with one of my Jamaican Sativa phenos, resulting partial pollination on my Brainstorm, Chemdawg, and Jamaican Sativa. As well I have a BC Mango crossed with another Jamaican pheno. These are all my own crossbreeding experiments, so lets see what's good or bad this episode. They are about a week old and since its still cold weather around here I have them under the cfls indoors.

Thats all for now
:blunt::blunt:

Stinky Snid

Plant of the Month: Aug 2016 - Member of the Month: Jan 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Jan, Feb 2017
Hey there, I'll sign up for a ride along. May I advise that we you up pot them that you bury the lanky stems most of the way under the soil line. They will form roots from the stem eventually, otherwise you'll need a stake to support the stems. They look very healthy to date, good luck with the up canning.

KiG :green_heart:

danishoes21

Hey there, I'll sign up for a ride along. May I advise that we you up pot them that you bury the lanky stems most of the way under the soil line. They will form roots from the stem eventually, otherwise you'll need a stake to support the stems. They look very healthy to date, good luck with the up canning.

KiG :green_heart:
Thanks for the advice :thumb: the lanky stems got taken care of with the repotting. I hope the get enough sunlight so they dont stretch as much.

danishoes21

AHH I love outdoor grows. The tropical sun does well for these plants. Imma be watching closely since I too plan on growing outdoor for a nice fall harvest. How big are you planning on getting them?
I guess they probably veg until late August and flower until late October. Its a wild guess :tokin:

danishoes21

Got them back on the lights, weather is pretty crazy around here. Also gave me a chance to try out some new LED lights.
Last but not least, finally the Chemdawg cross sprouted, took a while but finally they thrived. A couple weeks behind the rest but who's counting ??

Jah bless stay safe.

Jamaican

Brainstorm

BC Mango

danishoes21

Little update today, girls had a sunny day and then it rained, they took it very well. Right after it stopped raining I moved them back under the lights for a coulpe hours before bedtime. So far they are looking healthy and growing very fast.

Jamaican pheno

Brainstorm pheno

Bc Mango pheno

Chemdawg pheno

Back under the lights. Added two UV-B lights with the LED.

Stinky Snid

Plant of the Month: Aug 2016 - Member of the Month: Jan 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Jan, Feb 2017
I am thinking of adding uv spectrum cfls aswell. Is it good to use it during vegetative growth, I was under the impression it was for extra trichomes production during flowering. Does it have benefits during the veg. phase aswell? Looking good in and out there...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ps. Is it in your kind nature to help a brother out? I'm going to send you a pm... Thanks

danishoes21

I am thinking of adding uv spectrum cfls aswell. Is it good to use it during vegetative growth, I was under the impression it was for extra trichomes production during flowering. Does it have benefits during the veg. phase aswell? Looking good in and out there...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ps. Is it in your kind nature to help a brother out? I'm going to send you a pm... Thanks
Here is a nice article about UV spectrum.
Grow Hack: Does UV Light Increase Cannabis Potency? | High Times

danishoes21

They are around 3 weeks now and they seem to be doing pretty good, minor scratches here and there but overall they are showing a lot progress, each one has their own personalities. I have my two favorites but I dont want to spoil the fun.

bless
:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

danishoes21

Day off today so I took care of the plants. Frankly I'm seeing some very very fast developement, I have the plants back and forward from the balcony sunlight to the closet LED lights + UV lights. The plants seem under control, separation between nodes has shorten and they are starting to grow some side branches under all the big fan leaves. The plants are between 8"-5" tall and the have 20" distance from the lights to the top of the canopy. Nice green color, you can't really see because of the led. They have around 15 hours and 40mins of light and I will slowly decrease as the day length decreases naturally around here. The leds and the fans I have make just enough heat to keep the grow area from 23-30 celsius and even at the maximum heat the plants dont seem stressed at all.

Jamaican pheno

BC Mango cross pheno

Brainstorm cross pheno

Chemdawg cross pheno

Overall everything is looking nice and steady.
:tokin::tokin::tokin:

danishoes21

Quick look today, after a whole day out in the balcony then back to the LED lights I noticed the two Jamaican phenos are showing some premature trichomes, pretty early on not even a month old. I'm really excited with this grow so far, the new gear is allowing me to get a lot more out of the plants, hopefully better terpenes, flavonoids, denser buds... the are really showing progress, a lot of new growth coming from under.

danishoes21

Ladies are a Month now, and they look really nice and healthy. Im planning a defol so the new growth under the big fan leaves, can get direct light. Im surprised how compact they are growing, the BC mango pheno in the past has shown to stretch really wild, this is one of my favorite personal crossed phenos, she gets really wild when flowering gives out some foxtail buds Im hoping for a successful grow with this one, to show its full potential. Both Jamaican phenos are exciting as well but my favorite one has to be the short pheno, it brings me back to the first pheno I grew of the Jamaican seed. The gene pool i've been playing with the last couple of years are Jamaican and Mexican origins crossed with the commercial seeds I've grown. Chemdawg and Brainstorm is the first time I grow them after the breeding, the brainstorm seems to have changed some traits but overall looks like and smells like the original pheno I grew.

Bc Mango pheno.

Jamaican Sativa short pheno.

Jamaican Sativa taller pheno.

Slightly different phenos.

Brainstorm pheno.

Chemdawg phenos.

Slightly different phenos as well.

Last pic before Defol.

danishoes21

Did some defol on the lower nodes, also watered the plants with my version of a compost tea, some bone meal and D.E.. Put them out for some early sunlight for a couple hours, but weather is not looking good, lots of rain and chilly.

Top Bottom