Light Addict: LA's Perpetual Garden

There is so much political BS and lying to the public going on in these times. I'm in a similar country that's anally retarded when it comes to being able to grow a few plants for health.

I am glad to see some of the pics of your plants are being displayed, because over the years they've become hidden under everyone's more recent stuff, and I think many people just don't realise what wonderful amazing and inspirational plants you have created.

Thanks for sharing your methods and all the best!
Thank you Indeed my friend. That means a lot. This is my life's passion, but I'll never claim to be the best or anything like that.
Yet I'm daft and willing to try anything. Also angry and I've the support of my Mrs who slept on a mattress on living room floor for a year with the Deathstar lol.
Now she knows I'm trying to make real change, I've got her behind me.
Yet 420 is my home, what made me. So hearing words from people such as yourself only gives me more strength and determination.
Honestly 🙏

I almost killed that girl off lol. I'm a little hung up on the visuals of a plant, the symmetry etc, so if you notice from the one shot taken from above. On the right side in the middle, she's missing an end main colas. I genuinely came within a split hair of scrapping her off.
I was gutted and almost trashed her in start of flower when I snapped her limb.

I'm currently working on a new type of design for a 1 plant girl to fit my wee space. No fixed scrog or screen but similar methods to Gert, just tweaked as.... Well I want another plant of the year from a micro spot (as that's a challenge).

Then, well fuck it, I'm gonna have to go big again with something to top the Deathstar (not for anything on here).
Just this time it's because I'm pissed... This next big sculpture is gonna be political and left out in public lit up on a flatbed for the press to find after a tip off.
I'm fed up with the state of Cannabis regulation here in the UK. So I've vowed to use my daft crap talent to try and make a statement for change.
It will be coordinated with a few other things I'll be planning with my friend who's the head of all UK canna associations.
So if I can make it that far without the police locking me up it'll be worth the watch.

May be daft, may get me seeing prison time. Yet I'm now stepping my whole presence up to try make a change. Some buggers got to.
Ok it’s official, you just joined my hero’s club. That’s awesome. I know you said not for here but maybe a peek for us now and then? When talented, creative people get pissed off, a lot of times good things happen. Be a warrior my man. Love the Hunter S. Thompson-esque attitude.

:thumb:

Ok it’s official, you just joined my hero’s club. That’s awesome. I know you said not for here but maybe a peek for us now and then? When talented, creative people get pissed off, a lot of times good things happen. Be a warrior my man. Love the Hunter S. Thompson-esque attitude.

:thumb:
Thank you again brother 🙏But LoL... Nah just an average guy. Yet this country as so many others, is simply corrupt and backward with regards to our plant. I'm not rich, hell I'm just scraping along barely. Yet my principles are me. As I get older I get more assured that someone has to stand up.
I'm most likely a fool who thinks one normal guy could help. Yet if we all felt and acted accordingly, then no change would ever happen.
I'm not Rob her at 420. I wouldn't claim to be in the same universe to him by comparison of what he's done for our movement. Hell he put up with me now for years on and off.
Yet once again I believe this plant is my true gift in life. So, I've got to do my part. I'm not that big on here anymore and I'm not really on social media now. (This is my home)
My only talent is training and grafting of canna etc. This Plant. Just that. A middle aged guy who loves this plant wholly.

...correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have a young one at home...choose Your battles wisely...just a Father's day sentiment...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...
Yep but that would be in the planning. Get enough media exposure and hope that the growing of 1 single plant (sculpted) and corresponding legal degree of punishment in the UK. (Small here, but still illegal) can be balanced out somewhat by public opinion and mass media exposure. Plus it being put across in the right way.
I'm currently last day of 1 legal issue with MJ and police here. Then I've the more pressing one. They can't get me for growing. My documentation on here at 420 guarantees I'm not worth trying in court for growing this plant. So now they're after me another way. I've had my life dragged over the coals by them recently. Still under real stress and direct threat of more life fucking over fun at any point for a while still.
Yet I have to keep going. I'm in too deep. My Mrs gets it and I'll never risk losing my family for any amount of time.

Yep but that would be in the planning. Get enough media exposure and hope that the growing of 1 single plant (sculpted) and corresponding legal degree of punishment in the UK. (Small here, but still illegal) can be balanced out somewhat by public opinion and mass media exposure. Plus it being put across in the right way.
I'm currently last day of 1 legal issue with MJ and police here. Then I've the more pressing one. They can't get me for growing. My documentation on here at 420 guarantees I'm not worth trying in court for growing this plant. So now they're after me another way. I've had my life dragged over the coals by them recently. Still under real stress and direct threat of more life fucking over fun at any point for a while still.
Yet I have to keep going. I'm in too deep. My Mrs gets it and I'll never risk losing my family for any amount of time.
I used to be a journalist. Got any reporter contacts? Know anyone on any level at CNN? Give them a shout. Or just reach out and ask for coverage when the time comes. You’re absolutely right - the media is your best shield.

Back to the present and we're in the part I get bored with lol. Plants are set. Extra pc fan for air movement in. Now it's just let me flower. My least favourite part as I've nothing to really do lol.

Have some pics

I hate it too. Watching paint dry.

Also, just a note to any joining late; that apart from my old LED panel (with 1 row of diodes not working) that I've had for ages. Plus I had the garden box already..
This whole setup cost me about £70 all in.
So it's cheap, it's stealth; pretty much silent with a throw over it.
Also scent free and looks like a blanket box at end of bed.
I reckon anyone can do this and make it work.
Very useful when ya kids start getting curious and you want to keep your hand in.

Not bad anyways I reckon 🤪

A master class in utilizing a small and stealthy space. Amazing.
Nah lol, not yet. Just being 1st run with the spot, plenty I'd change. Now I know the spot some next run will be way better. Plus thinking the run after next it may be grafted sculpture plant time in a tiny spot. Just another idea to challenge myself and keep me interested as I go.
I'm happy though, small space growing is where my heart's at. Just the more of a challenge the more involved I feel.

Cheers for the kind words of encouragement 🙏 I'm still almost unknown again on here and comments like that spur me onwards my fine fellow

Nah lol, not yet. Just being 1st run with the spot, plenty I'd change. Now I know the spot some next run will be way better. Plus thinking the run after next it may be grafted sculpture plant time in a tiny spot. Just another idea to challenge myself and keep me interested as I go.
I'm happy though, small space growing is where my heart's at. Just the more of a challenge the more involved I feel.

Cheers for the kind words of encouragement 🙏 I'm still almost unknown again on here and comments like that spur me onwards my fine fellow
Positivity has no down side my man. But don’t mistake it for me deifying you. I’m simply calling them as I see them. There’s a very small handful of growers anywhere who could pull off what you’re doing and as well as you’re doing it the first try. Take a bow.

More pics

How do you control side branching and keep that space from becoming overgrown while at the same time maintaining your maxed canopy for as long as you’re going to have to?

How do you control side branching and keep that space from becoming overgrown while at the same time maintaining your maxed canopy for as long as you’re going to have to?
So, side branching will only really kick in when vertical growth slows on main branches. Also if overshadowed by main tops lowers get stretchy.
Because I can manipulate each branch along the vertical I can still get a bit lower. But I also pull limbs over and criss-cross them if they need. This when done can give you a few more inches to play with.
Great question Jon, just to add to the question LA and Jon, if you don't mind, .... and keep the colas growing tall, when it looks like there will be no room for further development? I'm in awe!
Well, partly answered above. Also normally I'd use tip opening tech, node crushing. Also more selective regular defol to control things. Yet life is still trying to kick me where it hurts etc so I'm barely touching these girls.
So, it'll be the lean em over and criss-cross limbs, switching the growing tips position and giving me a chance to position all limbs into even spacing.

So, side branching will only really kick in when vertical growth slows on main branches. Also if overshadowed by main tops lowers get stretchy.
Because I can manipulate each branch along the vertical I can still get a bit lower. But I also pull limbs over and criss-cross them if they need. This when done can give you a few more inches to play with.

Well, partly answered above. Also normally I'd use tip opening tech, node crushing. Also more selective regular defol to control things. Yet life is still trying to kick me where it hurts etc so I'm barely touching these girls.
So, it'll be the lean em over and criss-cross limbs, switching the growing tips position and giving me a chance to position all limbs into even spacing.
Gotcha. @Merrily Up the Stream, excellent additional query, thanks, and @Light Addict, I criss cross too and also do my share of supercropping, especially to aim smaller growth I want to keep. You didn’t mention SC, do you also use that technique for controlling?

Gotcha. @Merrily Up the Stream, excellent additional query, thanks, and @Light Addict, I criss cross too and also do my share of supercropping, especially to aim smaller growth I want to keep. You didn’t mention SC, do you also use that technique for controlling?
Nope I hardly ever use supercropping. Some time for other training methods, but not a favourite of mine.

Sooooo, may of had some issues. Had a bit of a barney with the Mrs. (Rhyming slang, barney rubble = trouble)
She got me where it proper hurts, she went and pulled about 10 branches off my plants and in process battered them up a bit. Also as they are tied down hard due to my height limits. It's caused the main stem to split on each. I only noticed this earlier. Few days past the incident. So can't bandage em up. Instead I've bound the plants up with wire to prevent the split stems getting worse.
First time in my 15yrs of growing she's ever hit me in the plants department.
(We've been together over 23 yrs)
Anyway she's forgiven lol 😂

So pics aren't the best and some buds are a bit bruised up. Yet I've rejigged branches to make most of the newly created space lol.

Pics

Back
Top Bottom