Lights getting hot

Thanks for the reply.
Thing is I'm thinking of flipping it to flower this week, so do you think that it will be ok until harvest?
ATM it's running 24/7.
In my experience when your temps are to high during flowering you end up with very fluffy buds. I like to fix problems during veg before going into flowering. If your worried about the size getting out of hand you can always chop some of the top. Heat stress can be a problem but its very strain specific to what degree. So my advice way your pros and cons.

You know I had it preassembled so I never checked!
This is my first experience with qb's so could you explain what I've got to do please?

If it's a Meanwell driver, it'll have a hole on the top right (as your reading it) with output written under it.

001.JPG

You can use a Philips screwdriver to adjust. Anti clockwise to turn down.

Hope this helps

:Namaste:

your air must be pretty stagnant or your box must be super small to be hitting those temps with a qb....
I use 800w of qb pucks and 350 of blurple and sit at ambient in my box with no ac...

Mine has been reaching about 28-29C (83-85F) in my tent setup. Also found out this morning that I had only been running it at half the power. Went full power today, opened up a window and let the tent fan suck in the outside cool air. At least my humidity is down to an awesome 31%

Is the temperature on the whole area or just the panel? If it is the panel temperature, then might be normal, because light need heat release and since the HLG light is aluminum body, the body will be hotter than the traditional lights with light case and fans inside; :Namaste:
If the whole are is hot, then, try to get bigger air flow, make the temperature down. All other suggestions from other growers might also help, since I don't use this light, so their suggestion might be more helpful. :green_heart:

I have a 4 inch extractor fan and carbon filter setup. I've been advised that due to the small size of the grow that I don't need an intake

You need to get a bigger exhaust fan.
A two inch fan with a air filter is not moving a lot of air.
You need a three inch fan and filter to move more air.
The cfm's on the two inch fan won't move enough air.

Got it down to 27!

:goodjob: pleased for you, that's a far more manageable temp.

Alienpus has a valid point about passive intakes, they need to be double the outtake size. Look at that and maybe you can turn your lights back up a bit:D.

I remembered today that the Meanwell "A" type drivers (the ones with built in dimming), run above their rated output when the built in potentiometer is turned to max. I know this is true of mine, I just checked ;).

200w driver turned all the way up draws just shy of 230 from the wall. The upshot of this is by turning it down slightly your not really losing any light output. Unless you knew about this weirdness in the first place :D. Turn it down slightly and you'll be getting the power your unit is rated at, and lower temps. Win win.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom