Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed Planted New Year's Eve During the Blue Moon

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Look at that! I'm talking about the buds sticking out of that crown..

You may be able to do a second harvest and still have enough to get it to go back to veg. What you think?

Bro, it's good to have gotten to see ya get a pretty decent yielding girl. Hope you get your clones and maybe flower that thing up one more time..

Congrats!

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Thanks sisco, it does feel good to have these results considering the abuse it's taken...lessee if I can remember them all. Improperly stored seeds (room temp in a desk drawer, 65F-85F) for 4-5 years, then finally in a fridge but kinda late lol, mutated vegetative growth (I forget what you said it might be sisco...it was a big word lol), burnt during veg from CFL's sitting directly on the plant, LST (she obviously liked it though ha!), temps the last few weeks have been in the mid-upper 80's with the door closed (approx. 5-6 hours, max temp of 99F), forgot the exhaust fans off for 8-9 hours one night (hence the 99F), shock from pH swing and/or nute deficiencies/lockout due to improper pH, six clones were taken of varying size...yeah, I guess that's not too bad but not too great either :p

TRICHOMES

4-28-10_017_rsz2.jpg

4-28-10_020_rsz.jpg

Yep
Lotta cystals, Leaves look like they had problems afew weeks back, but was late enough in the harvest so it won't hurt alot of the smoke. Man them puppies are loaded, another 2 week? I'd flush with straight and drowned it in straight water next week? Then stick in in 24/7 darkness for 2-3 days and you got the shit. My thoughts from pic's GL Dude plus reps++++

What a list of disasters! However it's going to give you some great smoke!
They are hard to kill sometimes! Yours is kicking butt now! :cheer:

Yeah, thinking 1-2 more weeks with pH'd water only to help her with the self-cannibalization...the trichs are MUCH cloudier than they were the last time I looked on the 24th (four days). Still a lot of white hairs but I know they too rapidly change to that burnt orange color, probably start checking them every other day until I begin to see about 25% amber then I'll do it daily. Probably grab a couple colas while they're still mostly cloudy so I can have a mix of buzz types depending on what I'm doing and the time of day.

I just dropped by to say....:bravo:, you will have some great looking smoke when she finishes. And great photography on those trichome shots man. The globes on the stalks are so round and beautiful.

:peace: my friend. +rep

Looking Nice! ..... Great idea about taking a couple buds now for different high :yummy:

Thanks, I didn't really have this option during my first grow...I mean I did but it wasn't enough to make it worthwhile lol.

I just dropped by to say....:bravo:, you will have some great looking smoke when she finishes. And great photography on those trichome shots man. The globes on the stalks are so round and beautiful.

:peace: my friend. +rep

Not quite as good as your photography but it gives me something to shoot for :) I barely even looked at her last night but tonight I check the trichs again. Out of bud so I may be tempted to take another small sample from down low. Buddy of mine has been sharing his Herijuana (sp?) stash with me the past couple of days so that's been nice.

Love it. Love it. Can't wait to be tying down my next grow like that.

Ohhhhh maaaaan....LST is insane once it gets going and it gets going faster than you think. For a few days you're thinking, "Not much going on, the main tip keeps growing out and up so I'll keep tying it down and wait on the auxin to redstribute"...then a few days later you're saying, "Wow! Look at all those new shoots!" lol

It always amazes me how plants can twist and grow to get where they want to be...especially the parts that have to turn 180 degrees to grow up back up to the light after you first bend the plant stem over.

Ok, everyone break out the drool rags :cool: Took some pics tonight and harvested a sample cola but from the lower canopy and am letting it dry overnight on a plate in the cupboard.

Yeah yeah, blah blah blah...I know...get to the pics...so here ya go! Figured I'd do another picture series like I did in my last journal with the first pic being the full view and the second pic being cropped to highlight a section of that bud and showcase the trichomes. Enjoy! :cheer:

Bud #1 (don't ask me to remember which one lol)

4-30-10_002_rsz.jpg

4-30-10_002_zoom.jpg

Bud #2

4-30-10_003_rsz.jpg

4-30-10_003_zoom.jpg

Bud #3
4-30-10_005_rsz.jpg

4-30-10_005_zoom.jpg

And bud #4
4-30-10_010_rsz.jpg

4-30-10_010_zoom.jpg

Still mostly cloudy and a good number of clear trichomes but about what I expected. This is day 53 of flower (I think I messed up my previous day number by multiplying the week times six instead of seven, maybe not, whatever) and I was already banking on 56 to 63 or so days of flower (8-9 weeks for the mathematically challenged :) ). I already know she's potent from my last test smoke, just a matter of harvesting at the correct times (yes, plural...taking buds at two different times to have a stash of the "up" and "down" effects) to refine the high...

Note to self...quit using so many darn parenthesis!!!!:welcome:

Getting a bit excited about the upcoming harvest...trial smoke has all the indications of some potent and tasty buds. My bigger question now has become whether or not the purple will stick around in the dried product or not. Why? See the large quoted text in my post here with the italics and bold. Lots of big words but well worth the read, but if you want to get down to it I'm referring to the part at the end talking about the carotenoid pigments and how they carry the true off-green coloration that is seen in dried buds.

Sisco, anything I can do to help lol. Thanks everyone!

Losing enough leaves that she's getting easier to see through...can see the stem network much better now but the pics didn't capture it too well. I watered her yesterday with 6.9 pH'd water...started at 7.9, pH'd it down a little too far with lemon juice then overcompensated with pH Up (9.9!), finally got it back down to 6.9 with more lemon juice and figured I better not push my luck lol.

"Front"
5-4-10_003_rsz.jpg

"Back"
5-4-10_005_rsz.jpg

"The Twins & Co."
5-4-10_009_rsz.jpg

Sure does! Hey I think when in flower they take in higher ph water than when in veg. so it should be good, I hate using the up I usually have to use alot to get it to go back up so I use water to get it up again.. Rambling Rambling Rambling Rambling

I just took a nice after lunch hit and I think I need to go outside and stare at tools for a while.

Congrats on the fine looking lady~!

Back
Top Bottom