Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed Planted New Year's Eve During the Blue Moon

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Lil N your talking about harvesting in 4-5 days? I went back and checked and you started flowering exactly one day before me. I am planning on harvesting a full 8 weeks... is this too long for my bag seed?

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

If you stopped feeding her she is just using all her fans and sugar leaves to make bud....it is actually a good thing I think bro...make your pot really smooth instead of harsh.

She sure looks tasty bro. Great Job. :goodjob:

:peace: brother.

Lil N your talking about harvesting in 4-5 days? I went back and checked and you started flowering exactly one day before me. I am planning on harvesting a full 8 weeks... is this too long for my bag seed?

Hi Buddy Do you have a way to check your trichs? You can't really go by what the seed bank tells you, each grow is different and finishes different.
As does each strain,
Those are just ball park times. Hope that helps.:grinjoint:

OldMedMan,

yes, i have a way to check them, 4x magnifying glass (sucks i know) They are already cloudy...i just want the plant to make more bud because i don't want to settle for what is on the plant right now ha

Nope, today is six weeks and three days in to flower iirc...got about another week and a half, two weeks or so and possibly even longer because she seems to have some sativa characteristics. I had meant that in the last four or five days she has really begun to fatten up her buds :)

If you stopped feeding her she is just using all her fans and sugar leaves to make bud....it is actually a good thing I think bro...make your pot really smooth instead of harsh.

She sure looks tasty bro. Great Job. :goodjob:

:peace: brother.

Thanks MH, the thing is I have not stopped feeding her. In fact, after the issue I had a few weeks back where I wound up flushing when this first started showing up from what I thought was a pH imbalance I have been feeding her fairly regular. I think I've watered three times since then (she didn't need water for a week after the flush lol) and twice have been with nutes. First dose was "normal" and the second dose was "strong" (second highest dosages listed on the bottles). It doesn't appear to be nute burn so I don't think I've overfertilized. I have religiously checked the pH of the solution before it goes in and then immediately checked the runoff. All have been within 6.4-6.6 so that should be perfect. I have been using the pH Up that I bought to raise the pH but have been having to dose it fairly strong due to the high acidity of the EJ nutes.

However I don't think potassium silicate is bad for plants...The Butcher had posted about using it to help ward off the detrimental effects of high temperature. I just found the following link, a summary of a Japanese study on the effects of potassium silicate on sugarcane:
Science Links Japan | Some Effect of Potassium Silicate Application on Photosynthesis of Sugarcane.

The appreciable effect of potassium silicate on photosynthesis was noted at high temperature condition of 39.DEG.C. rather than at 32.DEG.C. or optimum temperature for the growth of sugarcane plant. Transpiration rate of sugarcane plants applied with potassium silicate declined as compared with those of none potassium and potassium chloride treatments. Application of potassium silicate increased the chlorophyll contents in leal blades and leaf blade nitrogen contents, with suppressive effect on aging and withering of leaves. The stomatal conductance was higher in the potassium silicate treatments than in the none potassium and potassium chloride treatments.

I have been having temp issues lately with the warmer spring weather we've been having, average temps with the cabinet closed up have been 84-88F, even hit 90F briefly once. So I'd think if anything the extra pH Up has been helping as I don't think I've been adding enough to burn the plant...rough estimate would be about 5 teaspoons per gallon.

I am strongly considering the Meta-K still but I want to read up on it and figure out if it's worth applying at this point. Considering I am almost 6.5 weeks in to flower I am wanting to avoid foliar sprays if at all possible but soil applications I have to wonder if it's a bit late to do much.

Hi Buddy Do you have a way to check your trichs? You can't really go by what the seed bank tells you, each grow is different and finishes different.
As does each strain,
Those are just ball park times. Hope that helps.:grinjoint:

OldMedMan,

yes, i have a way to check them, 4x magnifying glass (sucks i know) They are already cloudy...i just want the plant to make more bud because i don't want to settle for what is on the plant right now ha

4X is better than nothing but may be a bit on the weak side. Do you have a camera with a macro mode on it? That's what I use...not as easy as a magnifying glass though lol. As OMM said don't go by the flower times listed for the strain, it's ok for a rough idea of when to really pay close attention but your grow variables will dictate the actual length.

And on a side note, I clipped some of the lowest buds that were never going to develop in to much so they wouldn't unnecessarily use up any nutes and smoked them last night. As expected the buzz was pretty mild, heady if anything due to the immaturity, with little taste...I didn't dry them much though. Anyway...the good news is there is THC in them albeit minimal. The bad news is that my gf found an immature seed :( So hopefully it's an isolated seed because I'm going to be royally pissed if she hermied and I didn't catch it. I don't remember seeing any ball sacks anywhere and I've paid pretty close attention.

:confused: :phew: :confused:

It's official...she is a shim :( Found two more seedpods just now barely even looking, doesn't appear to be too wide-spread but I'm simply not in the mindset to depress myself any more than I am at this point. I can only hope it's minimal and there's still quite a few unseeded colas in there. I can handle a few seeds, I just don't want to be picking out 30 seeds per 1/4oz...not like I can plant them and expect a pure female, right? They'd all be hermies?

I hate to ask if things can get any shittier...

:yummy:How about this... I think I killed all of my seeds! I was on a mission today to put my seeds in the ground at the grow sites..

long story short, I forgot I put them in my back pocket and I drove to the first spot and realized what I had done..

I was so pissed when I got to the site and opened up the zip loc bag that had the two paper towels with JW and JF I saw that the seed husk on quite a few had been ripped or squished off and the white part was out!

I did my best and just Freaking sprinkled them and watered them.. I really felt like dropping a big ol' bolder on my head..

OH well, I guess if it wasn't meant to be then..

On a better note I did transplant my two girls out doors in a PRIMO spot..

If all else fails MAYBE those two will bring daddy some JOY!

Take care my brother and just think about it you have seeds that will produce buds, just watch out for Nanners and harvest early, like Tunes was doing for a while...

damn dude thats a lil bummer could be worse though and if i'm wrong someone correct me but hermie seeds tend to be 90% more likely to be female although i think you might be right with carrying on the hermie trait who knows maybe you will have a couple real nice females from it

Sorry Lil I am not sure, might be a calcium deficiency from a mg lockout. Or just a deficiency I don't know about....(she probably threw female flowers in response to this current stress, unless you have found balls hanging.....)

I would message grow support pronto, they might know, she is still rescue-able, do not despair.

:peace: brother, wishing her all the best.

Oh man.. toug break. But keep on truck'in its the only thing you can do.

They seem to be only be on one larger stem and two smaller ones but even then in very very few numbers. I'm wondering if these are maybe just unfertilized seed pods if there is such a thing, I've dug around with Google and have seen a few people mention "false" seed pods. Green seeds that never mature...but still, seed is a seed.

I wonder if cutting them off would do any good????

probly dude thats what MH did with his hermie just kept pluckin em off idk though dude that's crazy maybe just a genetic thing with that strain some strains tend to put out a few seeds right at the end specially if they are super sativa good luck though brotha and good growin

Thanks guys! Doesn't appear like I'll be hitting the 3oz projection...darn it, but 2oz appears possible and maybe even a bit more.

I took two seeds off a few nights ago and closely inspected shim...they seem to be concentrated in mostly one particular area on a single branch save for two or three. Last night I sat down with shim and some rubbing alcohol and scissors and began to remove seed pods. Found thirteen more to go with what I had picked off the other day for a total of fifteen. Not horrible, could be much worse...the rest of the colas and branches seemed to be fine.

I also trimmed off some lower/inner buds that were not going to develop in to much over the next 7-14 days (rough harvest window) and quick dried them next to the fireplace. The trichs as of Saturday or Sunday were definitely starting to turn milky, still had some clear, and a few amber...maybe 35% clear/55% milky/10% amber, I'll check again tonight as it's been a few days.

The buzz was definitely creeper, didn't feel a whole lot smoking the bowl but once I was done and started to read some stuff on the 'net I realized I was blaaaasted. Went to bed an hour later or so calm, relaxed, and tired (hadn't slept much the night before so that had a lot to do with that aspect). Flavor was minimal to nonexistant which would make sense given that the plant itself does not seem to smell as much recently.

Also gave her 4/5 of a gallon of nutes to make sure she gets through to harvest. Only distilled water from here on out, probably could have gone a bit weaker on the nutes this last watering. Forgot that yesterday (Monday) was day one of week seven lol. On the other hand she is looking better, the yellowing and necrotic spots don't seem to be spreading any more although this is the time that I'd rather she be doing such things lol.

Btw...the buds are very pretty, that violet/reddish/purplish color it exhibited early in the grow on the new growth is appearing in the buds too. However I can't tell if it's due to genetics of a deficiency because some larger light purplish splotches are noticeable on some of the fan leaves. I'll try to post pics tonight.

Hey Dude glad to see you have a harvest. Looks like it might be a K deficiency. The stress from that 'could' make it hermie atad. Sad thing is the seeds 'could' carry that trait. I think if you hadn't had the problem you be on the money saying 3 oz's, possibly more. I didn't see what the fert's were you were using, but doesn't matter now your too far along. Still you will have some sweet weed. It's always better when you grow it yourself, besides being free. LOL is it ever 'FREE"? But hell it's fun. The next will be better dude. Still that plant has some nice buds on it and looks like some kick ass smoke. Sorry I haven't looked in, in awhile but I myself been alittle busy. Hope everything keeps green for ya dude. GL

glad to hear she didn't go post-op tranny on ya man lol sounds like you're still gonna get a nice little harvest though man :cheer:tokin one up and waitin for the pics good growin to yah brotha:grinjoint:

Hey where's that crown at? Come on let's see the goods..

Here is my ugly girl just before the chop.
016125.JPG

Hey Dude glad to see you have a harvest. Looks like it might be a K deficiency. The stress from that 'could' make it hermie atad. Sad thing is the seeds 'could' carry that trait. I think if you hadn't had the problem you be on the money saying 3 oz's, possibly more. I didn't see what the fert's were you were using, but doesn't matter now your too far along. Still you will have some sweet weed. It's always better when you grow it yourself, besides being free. LOL is it ever 'FREE"? But hell it's fun. The next will be better dude. Still that plant has some nice buds on it and looks like some kick ass smoke. Sorry I haven't looked in, in awhile but I myself been alittle busy. Hope everything keeps green for ya dude. GL

Close up of the purpling in the leaves I mentioned last time...also the necrotic spots.

4-28-10_012_rsz.jpg

Yup, plenty of lessons learned during this grow but it's all good per my sig :) It is a bit disappointing knowing that the yield suffered but I'm still thinking about revegging it and trying for some more clones. Free? lol...dirt cheap maybe ;) And definitely fun!

glad to hear she didn't go post-op tranny on ya man lol sounds like you're still gonna get a nice little harvest though man :cheer:tokin one up and waitin for the pics good growin to yah brotha:grinjoint:

Sorry to keep you waiting for an extra day...on the other hand it's a good reason to toke up again lol

And here's the pics I was supposed to take and post last night...note the purple in the buds :thumb:

4-28-10_002_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_004_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_006_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_007_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_015_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_016_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_017_rsz.jpg

4-28-10_018_rsz.jpg

Hey where's that crown at? Come on let's see the goods..

That plant looks "uniform"...and I mean that in a good way, consistently thick and dense looking. Congrats, too bad we can't swap buds :smokin:

I knew you would ask...:)

4-28-10_023_rsz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom