Little Green Man's Plantation - Round II

Hey man. Glad you liked it. Ended up getting about 2.5 zips per plant.

For the next grow I decided to go soil. The Ebb and Gro was giving me nothing but problems and changing out the tubing and rinsing all the rocks inbetween grows is just a rediculous amount of work to have to do from an apartment.

Been there, grown there.

I'd suggest converting to bubble buckets. Pretty simple to rig up with the gear you have here and you'd still be hydro that way. I've done AN nutes in soil before and it's great, don't get me wrong, but I hate bringing dirt indoors... you gotta lug it around, try not to get it in the carpet, etc, etc. Pain in the butt if you ask me.

With DWC buckets you just get a lid with a net cup, use a fraction of the hydroton, and you can even use the pump from the setup you have here to fill and empty the buckets if you don't want to schlep them back and forth to the bathroom.

Another trick - if you grow in one less bucket than you have you can clean one, fill it with fresh nutrient solution, move a plant from its current bucket to the clean one, and then clean that bucket for the next one. Rotate them all through and that way you never have a plant sitting and waiting for it's bucket to come back.

I love DWC, it's a really simple way to get absolutely explosive growth.

Back
Top Bottom