LL's Indoor Soil LED Grow Journal

I don't think plants ever respond badly to low strength hydrogen peroxide, unless you mix it with something that says don't mix it with it.
It's good to clear up roots if you water with it, and I'd mist it across the whole lot when the light goes out on the stems and soil to clear the area
That's awesome, I didnt realize it could be so useful for a variety of things.
:thanks:

20210521_163110.jpg

I got some peppermint & rosemary, then up-potted them. They'll be in the tent for now. I'm hoping they'll help repel bugs while they're in there.
Rosemary front left, peppermint front right.

Decided to only plant the sunflowers in the tent & not the tomatoes.. I ended up starting tomatoes outdoors instead.
3 sunflowers in the middle back. Also 1 pine tree sprout on the right.

Now to get my humidifier going.

1 gal fabric pots might be a mistake if you're going to transplant into larger.
The roots will grow into the pots and you'll rip off root tips when you transplant.
At this point I would just put them into your final pot.
:thanks:,
I was going to transplant them into their finishing 3 gallon pots but I didn't have any reservoir or drain tray that fit, so I went with 1 gallons I had. The 1 gallons & trays I have fit quite well.
I've had some difficulty finding appropriate drain trays & reservoirs..
Anyways I'm going to let them keep going. Don't want to damage the roots taking them out.. hopefully these pots will air prune the roots & are dense enough, so that the roots growing through isn't a problem.

Still have to get some trays that'll fit the 3 gallons & the tent for when I transplant, & other than that I should be all set.

After the last feeding they received a regular watering.
branching off after being topped, & I haven't started training the branches yet​
20210603_154517.jpg

They probably would have responded better had I waited for them to grow a bit more first before topping.
Also read on the instructions for feeding not to Ph when using the line of nutrients I'm using, so adjusting the Ph before may have actually caused some slower growth.​

Counted all the days they've been above ground. Not terrible for the amount of growth, but I'm sure I can do better next time around.

Day 36 today
20210609_054711.jpg

top left​
20210609_054534.jpg
top right​
20210609_054500.jpg
bottom left​
20210609_054316.jpg
bottom right​
20210609_054328.jpg
Seems like all the plant's are happy as far as I can tell.
lots of growth going on now..
I Topped the top branches & got them all tied down, and the second lower branches aren't far behind almost ready to be topped once the lowest nodes on the bottom branches catch up to the canopy.
Hopefully the two strains OG#7 & Frost Boss crossed well & they don't produce herms.

After another couple days or once they're ready for another watering I'll feed them once more, then the watering after will just be plain tap water.

Currently following a feed, feed, water - watering cycle. Gradually will increase concentration of feed, Also adjusting depending on the plants as in if nutrient deficiencies, or toxicity's occur. Not measuring PPM, just following the instructions for the most part.

I started noticing aphids & mites earlier on in the grow, so to fix that I added a top dusting of diatomaceous earth to the soil, & sprayed the plants with garden safe neem oil being sure to get the undersides of the leaves. Works like a charm.. However the neem isn't quite as good for cannabis during flowering as it can soak into the flowers leaving a bad taste. Usually I try to get it under control before flowering & from there on if bugs start showing up I'll use the neem on the soil instead of the flowers.

The earlier selection was of no benefit it seems. Some of the earlier shorter plants were showing up as males & the taller one that's left is potentially a female.. Opposite of what I was expecting lol, I won't be selecting them like that again. They should be about 50/50 male/female anyways, I'll just have to grow them out to tell.

I have 1 plant left from the bunch that might be female & produce bud..
I've had it outdoors hoping to avoid the electricity cost until I can tell for sure whether or not to keep it going.
I'm considering moving it indoors under the Hydra-1000 LED in the tent on a flowering cycle to speed up the process as it's taking awhile to show preflowers, but the preflowers it has are looking more female than male unlike the others which is the only reason I'm considering it..
Not looking the greatest currently, but here it is.
20210702_205014.jpg

Slight nutrient deficiency, & still in the 1 gallon fabric pot. It's probably ready to be transplanted, but I've been waiting for preflowers thinking they'd have shown more by now.
A bit of training & consistent feeding would get this plant looking great, however I don't want to waste effort though so I'm still undecided on what to do.

Feminized seeds or female clones would be so much easier.. Also considering going with those as it might have actually been less expensive overall had I stuck with those as opposed to breeding, & sexing out my own strains.

Back
Top Bottom