LLsBestGo's - Soilless - Lemon Sour Diesel - Grow Journal - 2020

Flushed the lemon diesel today with tap water. & picked up a ph meter.

I'll be checking my water's ppm, ph + run off next time & from here on.

Lemon Sour Diesel Day 47 w/ better pics:
20201013_100310.jpg
20201013_064555.jpg

Harvested chocolate hash berry, and cherry diesel, and gave the buds a wash due to bugs they brought in from when they were outdoors.
Choc. Hash berry
20201014_133828.jpg

Cherry diesel
20201014_133855.jpg

I'll post another pic after the buds dry up. Small harvest from these 2 plants. The lemon diesel should be good when its time comes tho. :)

Finished harvesting:
20201016_142641.jpg

& got these setup for some pollen using 50 ppm colloidal silver, for my next grow.

RudeBoi og#7 on the left & blueberry on the right.
20201016_144604.jpg

Made a clone from my previous lemon diesel run, and 1 from each of these 2 above. I'll be moving them in the tent after I get some pollen & clean up.

Lemon Sour Diesel drying up nicely. The buds are more leafy and less dense than I'd have preferred, but the quality is through the roof.
20201018_091025.jpg
Choco hash berry
20201017_113403.jpg

Cherry d & some chocolate hash berry that was dried together
20201017_113953.jpg
All choc. & cherry d
20201017_153222.jpg

About an ounce total from both bagseed plants. Still a bit of wet weight to lose.

Unlike the lemon Diesel they were outdoors the majority of the time. Most of the yield from these 2 came from the chocolate hash berry which grew a lot better. The cherry d had problems the whole time probably due to the re used soil somewhat.

The buds probably would've had less leaves & more bud if it had the necessary amount of leaves & light.
The defoliation probably increased leaf production as cannabis needs to photosythesize to produce buds which is mostly done by the leaves.
The distance/intensity of the light probably also contributed to leaf growth because cannabis will grow leaves to gather more light as opposed to bud if the plant needs to photosythesize more than the amount the leaves can.
& the uneven canopy contributed as well.

Planning to do branch defoliation with not as much leaf defoliation on my next grow, along with some training to keep the photosynthesis levels high & direct all potential growth to the top buds so the buds aren't as leafy. Also I will be training plants to stay directly under LED lights to maximise light usage by the plant.

Definably some nice nugz. Nice harvest. Your leafy loose bud was prob a genetic thing and nothing to do with removing leaf. Sometimes ya run across one of those high leaf ratio plants. Most times the buds look good but the calyxes don't swell much leaving it softer than most other soild bud. I have one in my gh right now. She's gonna get me high but not throw much weight around. Probably going to be a great plant to make butter with.

Definably some nice nugz. Nice harvest. Your leafy loose bud was prob a genetic thing and nothing to do with removing leaf. Sometimes ya run across one of those high leaf ratio plants. Most times the buds look good but the calyxes don't swell much leaving it softer than most other soild bud. I have one in my gh right now. She's gonna get me high but not throw much weight around. Probably going to be a great plant to make butter with.
Yeah could be genetics as well.

Light intesity was only about 35k - 60k lux on most budsites, & with the LED light I have most of the light is going downwards as opposed to dispersing.

& some of the buds weren't directly under the light due to its wide structure (grown for outdoors) which probably didnt help.

The Lemon diesel also could have grown for another 20 days possibly before harvest which might have helped. (It was force ripened for the harvest window.)

Also this grow won't be enough to sustain me til the end of my next grow which is my goal so I'm getting my next grow setup to do just that & the clones are ready to go in the tent for vegetation and are only under a 9w LED bulb currently (actual wattage) so I have to get everything moving along.

I'd have had my next indoors tent veg going already if everything worked out outdoors and I was able to grow them in the green house I had, but due to circumstances (green house being destroyed by a storm) I ended up doing things this way.

Oh well though.. Have to lose some to win some.

Calling the Final harvest weight for the Lemon Sour Diesel @ 2.25 oz. Didn't want to trim the buds thin.

20201021_135814.jpg
20201020_204146.jpg
20201021_124921.jpg
20201021_124849.jpg

I've tried a couple buds, and the smoke is quite nice especially for not being cured. I'm sure it will only improve from here.

The flavor & aroma is a combination of sour diesel & lemon that lingers.

Effects are primarily calming/relaxing with pain relief. Slight energizing effect.

For curing:
The buds have been dried until the stems snap, from here on I'll jar the buds and open it for fresh air exchange on occasion to cure.

Total yield for this grow is ~ 3.25 oz + some trim

Ending bud grams per actual watt usage by lights
2 x 110w LED = 220w actual wattage led
91g bud yield divided by 220 = 0.41 gpw (Gram per watt) of light.

That's it for this journal.

Check out my next grow journal here: Variety promix HP LED grow

Thank you!

LL

I actually love the flavours of just dry buds and the way that flavour profile changes during the course of curing. It's like super flavour then it changes and muddles up and then it starts tasting great again.
There's always some very fresh notes in the beginning that are quite surprising.
Same with kief what falls of the buds, just collected and pressed not heated has a flavour that's uncanny.

Back
Top Bottom