Lonestar's Lemon Walker RDWC Grow Journal 2017

I have to be honest. I use cheap ones. I just calibrate often. I do wanna get better ones but these worked fine on my last grow. Blue labs is a good ph pen. Bout 80 bucks.
Have you heard of the Lucas grow method? I used it on my last hydro dwc. Worked fine. Just google it. Also general hydroponics has a nutrient Calc app. I love it. Pretty close to the Lucas formula. I cross reference it. I have the app on my iPhone. Not sure if the app is available for android.

What's the app called? Can't find on iPhone

And although it's not 100% complete, this is the RDWC system I built to transfer them into from the Aerogarden
420-magazine-mobile734126228.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1412947399.jpg
Looks like a good build. I'm subbed by the way

Oh jeez y'all are making me blush . I just hope she produces!! This might be my first attempt, but I look forward to this becoming more than a hobby, and hopefully a full time trade some day, definitely do not want to weld for the rest of my career . and why retire if you do something you ❤️

Thats the same nutes that I run.

If your using tap water you won't need much if any CaliMagic until your into flowering. If your using RO water its a must all the time.

I move the plants to the RDWC and let them settle in for a couple of days using only ph'd water. I drain and ph the new water first, then add the Ca/Mg, Hydroguard second, then Micro, Gro and lastly the Bloom. I use the General Hydroponics calculator and mix at 20% of what they recommend for the first week. Second week I mix at 30% and third at 40%. After that I increase to whatever I figure the plants will take and watch for signs of burn. Each strain will have its own tolerance for ppm's.

Initially I keep the water level about an inch and a half above the bottom of the pots. When they have established a root system extending down into the water I lower the level to an inch and a half below the bottom of the pots.

Not trying to preach, just saying whats worked well for me. Hope it helps.

Also, heres some stuff that might help you out.
420-magazine-mobile1530096902.jpg

390877735.jpg

PH-EC_Chart12.jpg

Thats the same nutes that I run.

If your using tap water you won't need much if any CaliMagic until your into flowering. If your using RO water its a must all the time.

I move the plants to the RDWC and let them settle in for a couple of days using only ph'd water. I drain and ph the new water first, then add the Ca/Mg, Hydroguard second, then Micro, Gro and lastly the Bloom. I use the General Hydroponics calculator and mix at 20% of what they recommend for the first week. Second week I mix at 30% and third at 40%. After that I increase to whatever I figure the plants will take and watch for signs of burn. Each strain will have its own tolerance for ppm's.

Initially I keep the water level about an inch and a half above the bottom of the pots. When they have established a root system extending down into the water I lower the level to an inch and a half below the bottom of the pots.

Not trying to preach, just saying whats worked well for me. Hope it helps.

Also, heres some stuff that might help you out.
420-magazine-mobile1530096902.jpg

390877735.jpg

PH-EC_Chart12.jpg

Thank you so much!!! I know I will definitely be referring back to this post at some point during this grow.

Looks like you're off to a great start. RDWC all the way! I'm going to tag along for the ride. This should be good.

Tunkers and Saibot.........lol.............Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Lonestar, theres a lot of time to kill before harvest. Hope you don't mind your thread going sideways on occasion.:rofl: We all just need a place to hang.

Love the recirc you got going on. May ask you a couple questions when the time comes. Hey man I'm using some uniseals on a vortex brewer but I won't use them if they leak. I haven't built it yet but do you know why your seals are leaky?? I don't want to have ewc water every where! I. Using a smaller 3/4" and 1" though. Hoping it's water tight!

I want to do the same water fall action in my recirc set up. Can't wait to get the box going with Dewey aero !!!

Yes the leak is coming from the uni seal, but it is only leaking from one out of four that are installed, the reservoir has bulkheads instead because of its thickness. I'm going to coat some aquarium sealant around the inside and outside of the uni seals which should solve the problem. I would like to think that if my surface was flat (5gal buckets) the Uni seal would provide a better seal.

Back
Top Bottom