Lost In The Fog

Glad the finger is healing! Love the "crazy" light build. What size tent is it going in? Air cooled this time? ;)

Cut my finger in the kitchen when using a potato slicer... dam sharp Chinese blades. Hope Trump stops the import on those as well.

Crazy as always. Yes, its air cooled for the time being... Doubt I will manage to run this in the summer as it is. Now I'm stable at 26-27C in canopy with this rig as tight to the ceiling as it gets.

I think Graytail nailed it when he said more food was the solution to the deficiencies seen with new lights. Certainly worked for the Sour G.

Yeah I hope this will work for me too. The damaged leaves I have no hope they will recover but the new growth looks promising.

Another thing that's in my development department is to be able to fill these new trays I bought with correct level of nutrient for the smaller pots I got for the clones. I'm thinking of up-cycling the aqua valves from the autopots to be used with these new trays. But I don't want these big valves to interfere with the pots surface on the trays...... :thedoubletake:

Thought I start with showing my new light configuration. With the new 320H driver I just got I'm well over powered at the moment. This configuration is capable of emitting over 500W. :snowboating:

Plants will be updated later today.

Muhaha ;) Nice build! Plants look also good, what flowering day are the big ladies?

Muhaha ;) Nice build! Plants look also good, what flowering day are the big ladies?

Thx Teleon! I hope it will give them more even light spread over the hole canopy, if feels like that.

I have no idea how long the plants have been in bloom but they been in 12/12 since the 25 November when they sprouted. I'm aiming for 25 - 28 Feb taking them down. I guess I could wait some longer but I will see...

Yes boys and girls! Mr @Graytail was right!

I don't know if it's visible on these pictures but IRL they seem to really kick in now. I wish I had heard this before but as always better late than never. Today the X moved out her stuff from the apartment so now I got plenty to do moving the entire grow space across the apartment and setting it up.... busted neck days ahead....

To bee continued....

Heheh, had to scroll back and find out what I was right about. :p
More fooooood! :morenutes:

Lookin' fine. :slide:

I just wonder about that, I never gave my ladies more than 1,4-1,5mS/cm and they went great - have around 200W and had to dimm it a bit, otherwise the leaves got not burned but they lost their color.

Maybe because @CraZysWeeD ladies are used to this bright light from beginning?

It seems like that is the case what we have been referring to as light burns are in fact food deficiency. Hard to tell if this makes any difference towards everything but the new clones will definetely tell if this is tha fact. I'm almost positive this will be the case.

It seems like that is the case what we have been referring to as light burns are in fact food deficiency. Hard to tell if this makes any difference towards everything but the new clones will definetely tell if this is tha fact. I'm almost positive this will be the case.

I think there's more to it than that. I imagine the draw on the whole circulatory system when you get that kind of light intensity and penetration. It's sucking like crazy, trying to pull nutrition up through the system. Anything we can do to help, should ease the strain. In a living soil, the roots will be flooding the area with exudates, trying to get the biota to deliver more. If we can goose them - great! If we can feed enough to take up the slack, that's good too. Often though, just upping the nutes doesn't solve the problem, if the plant still can't deliver them fast enough.

...or just reduce light. :)

:Namaste:

Just a fast drive-by....

Myself I always add an extra dose of cal/mag whenever your plants' transition. Growing kids need lots of calcium for growing bones,,,, and during transition plant growth is off the hook during the first 2 weeks or so. That Stretch period.

Now I'm talking out my neck... but my 2 cents......... BTW nice cola on that Cheese plants... GL with them

What looked like a magnesium deficiency in my Sour G was indeed a need for food, as Graytail accurately diagnosed when I put up the new light.

Yeah this is strange, I always thought it was screaming for cal/mag as well....

...or just reduce light. :)

out of the question. ;)

and you are right about this. They go haywire with this bright light and almost overcook them self. I been suspecting they even suck the nutes direct from the res and leaving the water. Had bigger pH problems with less nutes than I got now with lower pH and more nutes.

I'm a 1/2 dosage over the recommended from Canna now, think I can go with double dosage, 10ml/L?

BTW nice cola on that Cheese plants... GL with them

Yeah they crave cal/mag like crazy as well. Thx on the colas... I think they start catching up now. Hope the smokes get awesome as well. Don't even remember if Cheese was any good... Remember it as Francos favorite smoke.

Back
Top Bottom