Lost In The Fog

hmmm, your temps have me concerned,, not for you,, for me.

see, i have never been sure my lights were running all in,, cuz i never got 'blinded' by them,,

P1170391.JPG

they are bright, no question,, but not blinding,,

and this,, well, yours are hot,, well, mine are full on and i can touch the puck itself and it is not even barely warm , never mind hot

somethin is up for sure,,

i do have my driver in another room a couple feet away, but still??

i had to raise mine a few weeks in cuz some or all my plants were foxtailing,, which i took as a sign of too much light,, i may be so out to lunch

i'm hungry now

Do you have any way of checking the amps the driver/s are giving? The growmau5 can take 2,1A, 2100mA. Is it Mw drivers you got? If u do there is two little potentiometers built in the driver that can tweak the volt and amp setting the driver gives. If you never touched them the chances are pretty high the are running very soft amp. But I would strongly recommend u to use a DC clamp meter with mA reading when doing this.

What drivers are u using?

Finally trimmed the cheese.

She looks awesome now, lollipoped :)

sWeeD 's Crazy corner......... Check
Cloner...... Check
Being awesome.... Check
CraZysWeeD... You are done for today..
:passitleft:here you go..
Now, play some music:hug:

sWeeD 's Crazy corner......... Check
Cloner...... Check
Being awesome.... Check
CraZysWeeD... You are done for today..
:passitleft:here you go..
Now, play some music:hug:

Spliff Berry and music coming up! Just got home to my echoing apartment.... :)

:lot-o-toke:

hempy experiment

It's that experimenting stuff that is so exiting! :) What lights are you running over her?

Spliff Berry and music coming up! Just got home to my echoing apartment.... :)

:lot-o-toke:

It's that experimenting stuff that is so exiting! :) What lights are you running over her?
Place will be filled with our voices laughing and having fun :green_heart:

Do you have any way of checking the amps the driver/s are giving? The growmau5 can take 2,1A, 2100mA. Is it Mw drivers you got? If u do there is two little potentiometers built in the driver that can tweak the volt and amp setting the driver gives. If you never touched them the chances are pretty high the are running very soft amp. But I would strongly recommend u to use a DC clamp meter with mA reading when doing this.

What drivers are u using?

hmmm, damn i wish i understood better how this stuff works .

now, i tested without the dimmer attached, and light was the same. all the connections are soldered, but all good, i can do that.

so,, if i taped the wires up individually then bundled em up and taped em some more,, well, that should be fine, right?? always was in every electrical project i have ever done i think.

i am gonna look for them dials you say might be there, but i have no meter,, but maybe my son does,, i am gonna work on this,,

thanks,,

Ok that's a (C) B model. I only buy the A model which comes with two pots on the label side (front), one for tweaking the volts up and down and the other for the amps. The only way for you to set the intensity is with that dimmer. Your driver don't fully power the puck it only gives 1750ma at maximum and the pucks handle 2100ma as a max. You can't go higher than with the dimmer on full. The only thing I can recommend for you is getting a driver with more power. But in that case go with inFlux strips. Way cheaper than chilleds.

Ok that's a (C) B model. I only buy the A model which comes with two pots on the label side (front), one for tweaking the volts up and down and the other for the amps. The only way for you to set the intensity is with that dimmer. Your driver don't fully power the puck it only gives 1750ma at maximum and the pucks handle 2100ma as a max. You can't go higher than with the dimmer on full. The only thing I can recommend for you is getting a driver with more power. But in that case go with inFlux strips. Way cheaper than chilleds.

yes,, the underpowered driver,, i had this discussion with a few of the board and led folks round here and they all said the boards and a lot of the newer lights are sold with underpowered drivers so as not to burn out the lights and boards as fast.

i have been chatting with rapid led today and i think i will ask them about the underpowered drivers too

cheers,, they did telll me that the pucks should be at least warm, if not hot,, mine are simply cool, nuff said, i gots a problem

they told me to get a meter and test it, which i guess is the only way

cheers

yes,, the underpowered driver,, i had this discussion with a few of the board and led folks round here and they all said the boards and a lot of the newer lights are sold with underpowered drivers so as not to burn out the lights and boards as fast.

i have been chatting with rapid led today and i think i will ask them about the underpowered drivers too

cheers,, they did telll me that the pucks should be at least warm, if not hot,, mine are simply cool, nuff said, i gots a problem

they told me to get a meter and test it, which i guess is the only way

cheers

Fools... If they under power the light they put enormous pressure on the driver. It's maxed out all the time, I bet if you turn up the the dimmer dial the driver gets really hot right? That's because it's over saturated... a driver should never go over 80% of the rated power to have some what life span.

The driver is the most expensive part of the rig and it's always better to go for a bigger driver than the rating of the load to ensure it's life span.... It's not your fault, it's rapids...

You should track down a dc clamp meter to test it out. When I connect a decent common multimeter the driver clips power if I connect it in series with the driver and the light. It's to protect the driver so clamp meters is the way to go....

I'm sorry to have brought you bad news but is there some way for you to demand a return of the driver to rapid and you pay some more for a bigger driver? Just state the above for them in a mail and see how they respond.... :)

I have 2 of the king 1000 watt led make sure you keep them far away from your plants and grow on 18/6 or u will get short plants or I did
Very interesting! My hempy experiment is a very short plant ..... but the upside is minimal stretch. It is flowering and looks like the buds should do relatively well. I picked up a 4x4 tent and was thinking of getting another light, perhaps the Yehsensce 1500 which has veg/bloom switches and very positive ratings on Amazon...

You might take a look at my journal and see how my grow has went to see about those king lights they have great penetration I have buds going all the way down my white widow plant they just grew very compact for the first month while I had the lights on 24 then I turned them on 18 and they started to stretch some and grow more normal

:hippy:...: Update :... :hippy:

Life is sweet right now. Pre-spring have arrived in Sweden... pain is manageable, so is work, things start to progress in the growup as well. Planing the big move for the grow.... this involves cutting down Cheese and Guerilla Glue to simplify the move.

Had them out of the tent the first time for 2-3 weeks, can hardly move them anymore... how do you manage Shed to move yours in and out as soon the sun shows her pretty face?!

Pruned the last of fan leafs and took some samples down for testing this weekend. Haven't set a date for the chopping yet but I may leave them to the next week.

Pics....

LOL on that dry box! Those flowering plant look terrific Crazy. :welldone:

Doesn't stacking your drivers on top of each other make them too hot? I would think that airflow would be a good thing.

how do you manage Shed to move yours in and out as soon the sun shows her pretty face?!
All five of my 10 gallon plants get moved two times a day, rain or shine. I did a flow chart so you can keep track:

Back
Top Bottom