Lost In The Fog

Hey crazysweed, i happened across your journal while browsing and wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your grow! Everything looks really beautiful and you have a really nice set up. I also wanted to say i think you have a really great attitude and outlook. Im glad you found this place with all these great people and im glad you're having so much fun growing. Its a shame some of us still have to be semi-secretive doing this thing we love. Ill be lurking in the background watching your grow and enjoying. Keep up the good work, brother.

Hey crazysweed, i happened across your journal while browsing and wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your grow! Everything looks really beautiful and you have a really nice set up. I also wanted to say i think you have a really great attitude and outlook. Im glad you found this place with all these great people and im glad you're having so much fun growing. Its a shame some of us still have to be semi-secretive doing this thing we love. Ill be lurking in the background watching your grow and enjoying. Keep up the good work, brother.

Thank u for these kind words! I really appreciate that! I can say that this is one of very few communities on the web that people are so united in their cause. We are from all parts of the world and make the most of trying to understand each other. This is the place I can truly can be free and discus the things I can't in any other society, not were I live anyway.

Thank you for finding my journal and you are always welcome here and feel free to drop a line when you feel so. :high-five:

No improvements yet. The two plants behind these affected are starting to show brown spots on their leafs also. The youngest haven't got any issues yet.... :rolleyes: Giving water with just Canna Flores and cal/mag 2ml/L 6.4pH. Going to invest in an EC meter in the fall.

Wrapped the cables going from the drivers to the lights with some more food grade nylon hose.
Easy to dismantle now and put together again. Have looked for some molex type connectors that can replace the wago.

Wrapped the cables going from the drivers to the lights with some more food grade nylon hose.
Easy to dismantle now and put together again. Have looked for some molex type connectors that can replace the wago.
@RETRIX hates Wago connectors! Here is his wiring post and he knows wiring backward and forward!

And EC meter is a definite must have. Otherwise it's all guesswork. I hope new growth starts coming in green soon. The leaves with the damage never recover.

@RETRIX hates Wago connectors! Here is his wiring post and he knows wiring backward and forward!

And EC meter is a definite must have. Otherwise it's all guesswork. I hope new growth starts coming in green soon. The leaves with the damage never recover.

This was about the time I found @RETRIX when he put the moonshot together. :) I love to solder stuff together but I also love to reuse stuff and when soldering them together that becomes harder. I was looking for something like this...

Of course it's a must. I must have been very lucky to manage without one until now. I hope I can see some improvement soon, the leaves that are half dead/brown I just cut away. I know that damage to already affected parts don't recover.

This was about the time I found @RETRIX when he put the moonshot together. :) I love to solder stuff together but I also love to reuse stuff and when soldering them together that becomes harder. I was looking for something like this...

Of course it's a must. I must have been very lucky to manage without one until now. I hope I can see some improvement soon, the leaves that are half dead/brown I just cut away. I know that damage to already affected parts don't recover.

I've seen these but I have never used them. Wago's are cool as long as they are out in the open where you can keep an eye on them I guess. I just didn't like the idea of them being inside of a closed metal box where the little plastic fuckers can just pop open and burn the house down. :rip:

:thumb:

Here we have regulations when using wago commercial. You are always suppose to use the same cables in a wago connection. When mixing solids and other types there is always the risk of the smallest popping out. :reading420magazine:

They are sure a helping hand when trying stuff out but you always have to be aware of the risk... :hmmmm:

Especially mains is nasty stuff....o_O

Some updates....

That sounds like that would work.

Yeah, works fine. I was always told to use a 1:1 ratio of soil to distilled water, but in truth (IMHO), one need not be quite so precise.

Some people might(???) think, "Add the two things together, then divide by two" or something, IDK. But it's probably more correct to consider the distilled water to simply be a carrier... I realize that it is in the middle of the pH scale, at 7.00. However... Maybe we should be thinking of distilled water as having NO pH, lol? As in lacking same. IOW, it's not midway between the two ends of the scale; rather, it's more like the center point on a teeter-totter. Get that SOB balanced perfectly and it'll set there - until a gnat lands on one end, then it tips.

Distilled water is kind of like that; it only takes a (figurative) gnat to change things. Ever get a quantity of distilled water, open the container, check it with an EC meter (or "PPM" meter)... and see a reading above zero? Yeah, maybe there's an issue with the distiller - but the same thing can happen, regardless. The moment that distilled / 0 PPM / deionized water comes in contact with air, CO₂ starts dissolving into it - forming cabonic acid (H₂CO₃) .

Which means that it has probably already started happening before you ever open the container, lol. Unless that container was filled 100% with water (no air space at the top) or any air space was filled with something non-reactive (not atmospheric air, I mean) like, IDK, a noble gas.

And the pH is also no longer 7.00 at this point; it'll be slightly less (even if that amount of difference is less than the meter can deal with).

Err... Don't mind me, I'm just rambling - and that's a polite way to type "talking out my @ss after a couple of sleepless nights and LONG days" ;) .

Yeah, works fine. I was always told to use a 1:1 ratio of soil to distilled water, but in truth (IMHO), one need not be quite so precise.

Some people might(???) think, "Add the two things together, then divide by two" or something, IDK. But it's probably more correct to consider the distilled water to simply be a carrier... I realize that it is in the middle of the pH scale, at 7.00. However... Maybe we should be thinking of distilled water as having NO pH, lol? As in lacking same. IOW, it's not midway between the two ends of the scale; rather, it's more like the center point on a teeter-totter. Get that SOB balanced perfectly and it'll set there - until a gnat lands on one end, then it tips.

Distilled water is kind of like that; it only takes a (figurative) gnat to change things. Ever get a quantity of distilled water, open the container, check it with an EC meter (or "PPM" meter)... and see a reading above zero? Yeah, maybe there's an issue with the distiller - but the same thing can happen, regardless. The moment that distilled / 0 PPM / deionized water comes in contact with air, CO₂ starts dissolving into it - forming cabonic acid (H₂CO₃) .

Which means that it has probably already started happening before you ever open the container, lol. Unless that container was filled 100% with water (no air space at the top) or any air space was filled with something non-reactive (not atmospheric air, I mean) like, IDK, a noble gas.

And the pH is also no longer 7.00 at this point; it'll be slightly less (even if that amount of difference is less than the meter can deal with).

Err... Don't mind me, I'm just rambling - and that's a polite way to type "talking out my @ss after a couple of sleepless nights and LONG days" ;) .

I like your rambling TS. It's always a red string through your texts.

The chemical properties of water is fantastic. It always is on the move and something is always happening. What comes out is always the result of what was in it before you add something. It always reacts on the surface 02 molecules wander between the air and fluid back and forth. The temp have also a big role in how the chemicals react with each other.

I like your rambling TS. It's always a red string through your texts.

That's probably a kindness I don't deserve, lol - but thanks.

The chemical properties of water is fantastic.

In all its forms. A person wouldn't automatically assume that ice is all that interesting.
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice#Phases
https://curiosity.com/topics/there-are-at-least-17-different-types-of-ice-curiosity/
https://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/ice_phases.html
Well... maybe still not interesting to many, but...

Apparently, we still aren't 100% sure why ice is slippery. The "pressure melts a tiny amount of the surface, causing a thin layer of water between you and the ice" thing doesn't cover all of it.

The bit about certain types/phases of water ice exhibiting proton (quantum) tunneling caught my attention. Any time matter - even the smallest bit of matter - can simply disappear from here and simultaneously appear over there, perhaps with a solid barrier between the two locations... Yeah, science is freaky ;) .

Y'all thought I was just a grouchy old hillbilly, didn't ya, lol?

That's probably a kindness I don't deserve, lol - but thanks.
In all its forms. A person wouldn't automatically assume that ice is all that interesting.
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice#Phases
https://curiosity.com/topics/there-are-at-least-17-different-types-of-ice-curiosity/
https://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/ice_phases.html
Well... maybe still not interesting to many, but...

Apparently, we still aren't 100% sure why ice is slippery. The "pressure melts a tiny amount of the surface, causing a thin layer of water between you and the ice" thing doesn't cover all of it.

The bit about certain types/phases of water ice exhibiting proton (quantum) tunneling caught my attention. Any time matter - even the smallest bit of matter - can simply disappear from here and simultaneously appear over there, perhaps with a solid barrier between the two locations... Yeah, science is freaky ;) .

Y'all thought I was just a grouchy old hillbilly, didn't ya, lol?

Yes, all the forms of water is very interesting. It's the easiest way to relate to when talking about solid, liquid and gas forms all materia can have.

I realised from the start that you were a deep thinker. I'm grateful that you stop by sometimes and dropp a few words. I wish I was more familiar with the English language that I could write more in depth...

I wish I was more familiar with the English language that I could write more in depth...

You seem to be at least as literate in my native language as half of my neighbors. No, I'm really not kidding. While that says (many) unfortunate things about the sad state of public education in my country, lol... it should mostly be taken as a compliment to you in regards to your proficiency at what isn't even your first language.

The only thing that might make a native (US) English speaker realize that it isn't your mother tongue:

Yes, all the forms of water is very interesting.

We would say, "Yes, all the forms of water are very interesting."

Or possibly, "Yes, all of the forms of water are very interesting."

Singular versus plural. He is awake. They are asleep. Either Sam or Betty is going to pick up Charles after school. Sam and Betty are going to pick up Charles after school. Et cetera.

I have seen non-native English speakers use "since" in ways that we generally wouldn't. Some would type:
Cannabis has been illegal in some regions since many years.
Where we would (probably) type:
Cannabis has been illegal in some regions for many years.

And people often refer to non-living objects as if they were alive and had a sex. For example, "My boat is old and beat up - but she doesn't leak."

People from other countries might, instead, type, "My boat is old and beat up - but he doesn't leak."

That one causes me to chuckle occasionally when I see it in this forum - because it is the female cannabis flowers that we are interested in, lol, but I have seen people refer to one of their plants as "he" once in a while.

But NONE of that is a barrier to communication. Again, I find your level of proficiency to be quite good. And not just "good for a foreigner," either ;) . I only even mentioned the above things because:
I wish I was more familiar with the English language that I could write more in depth...

...although I am probably not someone who should be giving out language lessons, now that I think of it:laugh:.

You seem to be at least as literate in my native language as half of my neighbors. No, I'm really not kidding. While that says (many) unfortunate things about the sad state of public education in my country, lol... it should mostly be taken as a compliment to you in regards to your proficiency at what isn't even your first language.

The only thing that might make a native (US) English speaker realize that it isn't your mother tongue:

We would say, "Yes, all the forms of water are very interesting."

Or possibly, "Yes, all of the forms of water are very interesting."

Singular versus plural. He is awake. They are asleep. Either Sam or Betty is going to pick up Charles after school. Sam and Betty are going to pick up Charles after school. Et cetera.

I have seen non-native English speakers use "since" in ways that we generally wouldn't. Some would type:
Cannabis has been illegal in some regions since many years.
Where we would (probably) type:
Cannabis has been illegal in some regions for many years.

And people often refer to non-living objects as if they were alive and had a sex. For example, "My boat is old and beat up - but she doesn't leak."

People from other countries might, instead, type, "My boat is old and beat up - but he doesn't leak."

That one causes me to chuckle occasionally when I see it in this forum - because it is the female cannabis flowers that we are interested in, lol, but I have seen people refer to one of their plants as "he" once in a while.

But NONE of that is a barrier to communication. Again, I find your level of proficiency to be quite good. And not just "good for a foreigner," either ;) . I only even mentioned the above things because:

...although I am probably not someone who should be giving out language lessons, now that I think of it:laugh:.

Thank you for those kind words!

It's always harder when you think in your mother language and write in another. I think you should pick up teaching! Very good explanations. I had A in English back in the days at school but that was a long time ago. This is the really first place I have had to use English. Got to start some time if I'm moving over there...... ;)

The same thing about the boat thing here. I think its because they often name boats with girl/woman names. So if the boat is named Daisy that's a she... :) Or as many think over here now it's maybe a "hen"(like your shemale) we have "han" for him and "hon" for she. It's gone that far that if the text does not say if its a she or a he it's a "hen". Don't know if all that made any sense but it's the best I can explain it for you. ;)

Thank you for those kind words!

It's always harder when you think in your mother language and write in another. I think you should pick up teaching! Very good explanations. I had A in English back in the days at school but that was a long time ago. This is the really first place I have had to use English. Got to start some time if I'm moving over there...... ;)

The same thing about the boat thing here. I think its because they often name boats with girl/woman names. So if the boat is named Daisy that's a she... :) Or as many think over here now it's maybe a "hen"(like your shemale) we have "han" for him and "hon" for she. It's gone that far that if the text does not say if its a she or a he it's a "hen". Don't know if all that made any sense but it's the best I can explain it for you. ;)
I've lived in a few different countries and tried to learn the language, even living in the states, I'm exposed to Spanish every day.... I still haven't been able to figure out a second language. Kudos to anyone who is bilingual.
:high-five:

I've lived in a few different countries and tried to learn the language, even living in the states, I'm exposed to Spanish every day.... I still haven't been able to figure out a second language. Kudos to anyone who is bilingual.
:high-five:

They start quite early here with English i think they start already in second grade now here. Then we read a third in 7 grade German, French or Spanish. I would like to learn Spanish. But when you pass a certain age it becomes very hard to learn languages. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom