Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I need to tell you about the space itself.

My Wife and I purchased this property as a foreclosure. We searched long and hard to find a cheap property that was far removed from any neighbors and it just so happens that last February, our search came to an end.

There was work to do though.

space_final.jpg

This is a drawing of the idea I had and it ended up being very close to what it is now except that I added an additional table.

This photo shows the veg room as it looked when I got started. The window needed replaced, the walls and ceiling needed insulation, new wires needed ran, and there was no central air piping in to cool it.

vegwin_old.JPG

Here's how the Flower room looked. The same things needed done, and were done.

flwrwind_old.JPG

Slowly but surely, windows, blow-in insulation, wall insulation, wiring, central AC, etc,,,,were added.

knee_insulation.JPG
endwalls.JPG
knee_blowin.JPG
abi.JPG

What's this? A new coat of White paint?

flwr_paint.JPG

I am so subbed for this!
My growing idol finally has another journal for me to drool over!
If you see fit 420fied please drop in and check out my journal. Pretty much use your methods but with LED lighting!
If you can pull off the 8g per plant that would be up there with the best setups i have ever heard about. If you get more than that then well lets just say you be a god!

:peace:

Awwwwwww shit. Finally. It's like waiting on the new season for your favorite show. 420 make sure you put a link from your past two hempy grows so that everyone can follow. I'm somewhat behind, I'm just going to do 2x600's sog hemps soon. Im Just wating on my moms to grow so they can produce some cuttings. So do you ya think 120 is too much 2l hemp!s under 2x600's (I using 2x xxxl magnum hoods)?

for a room that size what carbon filter and fan did you use

A few sheets of drywall and some Mylar and the veg room starts to take shape.

veg_clone_room.JPG

Also, I mentioned that the plants are sitting on custom built drain tables. The tables are 9' long and lined with pond liner. They're wide enough to hold rows of 7 and 22 rows of 7 makes 154 per table.

There's a 2" decline from the back of the table to the front where there's a drain which funnels the water into a waiting 5 gallon bucket. From there it gets poured down the drain. Easy process.

drain_liner.JPG
table2_babies.JPG
drain_bucket.JPG
sink.JPG

More to come......

Awwwwwww shit. Finally. It's like waiting on the new season for your favorite show. 420 make sure you put a link from your past two hempy grows so that everyone can follow. I'm somewhat behind, I'm just going to do 2x600's sog hemps soon. Im Just wating on my moms to grow so they can produce some cuttings. So do you ya think 120 is too much 2l hemp!s under 2x600's (I using 2x xxxl magnum hoods)?

There are links in my sig to my other grows. You can definitely run 120 under (2) 600's.

for a room that size what carbon filter and fan did you use

20x11x8' high ceiling = 1760 cubic feet. In order to exchange the air in the Flower room every 5 minutes I'd need a fan/filter combo that would pull/push 352 cfm. 1760/5 = 352. Some 6" units and all 8" units would easily do the job.

This was initially part of the plan but as stated, we live far away from anyone, and to this point, there is no smell. If needed though, a fan/scrubber combo can and will be added. I will get into more detail about this when I discuss the HVAC part of the build.

ty i have a small room 7Long 5Wide 6high and i grow swiss chesse i use a 4in fan and a 4feet carbon filter and i can get the smell out of my house what would you do to fix it if you dont mind me asking you

ty i have a small room 7Long 5Wide 6high and i grow swiss chesse i use a 4in fan and a 4feet carbon filter and i can get the smell out of my house what would you do to fix it if you dont mind me asking you

A 4" combo should be more than enough to handle your setup. Are there holes in your ducting? Check, check, and re-check all the details to determine the source of the problem.

Make sure your fan/filter combo are correct. Check all your seals and ducting. ETC...ETC

I mentioned previously that both 600 watt units are on 6' light rails. I made sure to maximize the size of my drain tables (9') to take advantage of the full light footprint. Even though the lights are on 6' rails, I'm still enjoying a grow footprint that's 9' long and 2 1/2' wide.

I run the IntelliDrive 3.5 Light Rails. They run about $250.00 each but I believe they'll be worth it. I'd need (3) HPS lights per table without the movers so with the addition of the light rails, my 2 lights can cover the same footprint as the 6 that would have been needed had they been stationary.

This is my first experience with rails so we'll all learn together.

One thing I have noticed is that I am able to inch my lights down really close to the tops of the plants. Right now, my 600watt bulbs are within 7 inches of the tops of the plants and I've noticed no heat stress. I'm running open reflectors, too.

mover_11.JPG

Ballasts are mounted on the side walls, Fire Extinguisher in place, the cloner power source mounted to the wall, and (3) 9' drying lines which will hold 150 plants each, spaced at 2" apart. Eventually, I'm going to drive to Denver and pick up one of these. ;)

[video=youtube;k1ThQ0lNt-s]
[/video]

ballast_wall.JPG
extinguisher.JPG
dry_lines.JPG
clonerz_power.JPG

I also wanted to give you an idea of how I train my Mothers for indoor use. Most here have heard of LST or Low Stress Training and I am definitely an advocate. If you're going to keep mothers indoors, you want them short and bushy, not tall and tree-like. I start training my moms when they're approx a foot tall.

Here's a picture of Moms 3 and 4 as newly planted clones back in early August, 2012.

moms9.JPG

I trained them along the way. Here they are present day in the Green pots. It took 6 months, but they're getting there.

moms2_jan13.JPG

Here's some scale off of Mom 4 to give you an idea of her size.

mom4_fromtop.JPG

Of course, my older moms 1 and 2 are much larger. Here's some scale shots of Mom 1 from the floor and overhead. They're the ones in the yellow pots. Soon, moms 3 and 4 will have caught them.

mom1_fromfloor.JPG
mom1_fromtop.JPG

More shots of my Mothers

mom4_2.JPG
mom4_1.JPG
mom1_scale.JPG
momz1and4.JPG
momz3nad4.JPG
momz_group2.JPG
evemoms1.JPG

This is a Mother grown from bag seed. We named it JYD. It's a true female but it doesn't perform like I want it to in the cloners. Therefore, we'll stick her outside this spring. She's pretty.

jyd_soil.JPG

This is one of her babies in flower mode. Day 9 of flower, I believe, when the pic was taken. She's almost 16" tall now.

jyd_flwrday9.JPG
jyd_flwrday9height.JPG

More to come.....

Here's JYD on day 24. This is the same plant pictured above.

jyd_day24flwr.JPG
jyd_24flwr2.JPG

Also, I'm running into an interesting situation with Clonex Gel. When I dip my Snow White clones I let them sit for 15 minutes and they are wilting every time. Then I stick them in my cloners and it may take them a full 24 hours but they eventually recover. I've used clonex gel before with no wilting problems so this one has me a bit puzzled.

Here's a shot of a dozen clones I cut and dipped tonight at Midnight. They looked like this within 15 minutes of being dipped.

clonex_wilt1.JPG

Here's a photo of some clones that were dipped 2 days ago. They were wilted just like the others but have since recovered.

clonex_recovered.JPG

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced or heard of this?

Only thing i can think of is temps when you taking the cuts? Or I have found that if the mothers have had a drink earlier in the day or the night before they seem to wilt less. My experience anyway! :) If the stems are nice and crisp and full of water they can hold themselves up long enough until they start uptaking water from your cloning medium.

Only thing i can think of is temps when you taking the cuts? Or I have found that if the mothers have had a drink earlier in the day or the night before they seem to wilt less. My experience anyway! :) If the stems are nice and crisp and full of water they can hold themselves up long enough until they start uptaking water from your cloning medium.

It's not temps.

Back
Top Bottom