Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

lmao trust you to find a pheno that is alergic to cloning gel :rofl:

is it definatly the gel? if you cut a batch, have you stuck one in plain water at the same time as its siblings go into clonex as a control experiement? My first sentence was intended as a joke but...

ive never seen that either myself or wading through all the 'how to clone' type helps

The ones I don't dip do not wilt at all. It's the gel. I have used this strain with clonex in the past with no problems. Maybe I got a bad jug of Clonex gel.. lol

having looked pretty hard. there are a few people that seem to suffer with this issue with clonex...just a small handfull.

interestingly enough i see posts for the last couple of years and any that blame clonex seem to be only posted in the first 1/4 of the year. obviously this can only be taken as anecdotal, but still. maybe the default humidity in the air is different or something.

a bad batch is always feasible, i had a bad bottle when i was trying to be a cloner.

how much does the clonex(or other) improve your rooting success over simply not using anything?

shame my research didnt bring up and strain names. its not beyond the bounds of reality that there is an ingredient in the gel that isnt in the liquid and that only adversly affects a few strains.

trouble is, unless someone pops in that can directly add their experience on the matter, there just isnt enough data availible to make a difinitive conclusion =/

maybe add another gel to your shopping list at some point to see if its gel in general or just clonex specifically.

sorry i cant be more help =/

Amazing setup I'm getting on this bus till the last stop :cheesygrinsmiley: love the tables and overall setup.....sucks about the clones but at least there not fully dying on you.... i got a question myself tough how big where your clones before you initiated flower or how long after being transplanted into 2L did you veg them? I ask because last 2L run i did i was aiming for straight bud sticks like u but ended up with mini trees like this:

GEDC06161.JPG

They were great and all but I really wanted to grow them like you and require as little space as possible to throw more 2L in there I ask bout your veg time because i took some clones and got a few already in 2L but just looking for lil opinion from da Sensei how can i grow my cannabis like u masta

:tokin:

Sorry but another question!
Am i right in thinking from your photos that you dry your crop in the room after harvest? If so do you still have the other half running or do you shut down while it dries? I am stuck for space to dry and considered making a drying cupboard in my grow room but the light and extra heat i thought were not ideal conditions to dry your herb. Thoughts?

Appreciate this mate!

Damn 420fied I've been reading your other journals over and over again. Bookmarked them. Then I see this! I'm so juiced I get to follow along this time. I joined 420Magazine specifically for your journals... No joke. I'm planning my own SOG and getting started on my room. It's going to take some time. I probably won't be up and running until the end of the year. But I'm a planner and I gotta see you nail this grow first. Can't wait to see this play out!

Be interesting to know what it is but like Gig said if it has no bearing on root development its not too big a drama. Hey 420fied any idea how long before you get a full table running mate?

Cheers :peace:

One of my tables is already full and the other will be full within the next 2 weeks. I should start pulling full table harvests in April.

Sorry but another question!
Am i right in thinking from your photos that you dry your crop in the room after harvest? If so do you still have the other half running or do you shut down while it dries? I am stuck for space to dry and considered making a drying cupboard in my grow room but the light and extra heat i thought were not ideal conditions to dry your herb. Thoughts?

Appreciate this mate!

I do have dry lines set up in my flower room. I never shut down. I know all about drying them in the dark, etc but I have found through experience that there's no difference in bud dried in the dark and bud that's been exposed to light while drying. My flower room is 76* and 50% RH with both lights on so it stays relatively cool and dry. I know outdoor growers who dry their product in the woods with no problem.

Damn 420fied I've been reading your other journals over and over again. Bookmarked them. Then I see this! I'm so juiced I get to follow along this time. I joined 420Magazine specifically for your journals... No joke. I'm planning my own SOG and getting started on my room. It's going to take some time. I probably won't be up and running until the end of the year. But I'm a planner and I gotta see you nail this grow first. Can't wait to see this play out!

That's awesome. I'm glad my journals inspired you. Please stick around for the discussions.

:thumb:

Also, are you running Nirvana's Snow White exclusively on this grow?

Yes. In order for me to phase it out I'd set myself back an entire year or more. I do however, plan on adding a new strain along the way for variety.

I actually have another strain running called JYD but it's root systems don't really develop like needed in the aero cloners so I'm sticking it outside this summer.

Here's a pic taken 15 minutes ago. The clonex clones are still on the two back rows. They're fully recovered and mixed in with some other clones that were dipped in clonex and wilted at one time. As of now, the entire group looks great.

clonex_fullyrecovered.JPG

Here's a clonex dipped clone that wilted so bad I thought for sure she was history. Boy, was I wrong.

clonexwilt_roots.JPG

Many of you reading this may be familiar with the 2L Hempy style of growing. However, many may not. I've learned some things along the way that are vital when it comes to getting the absolute MOST out of your 2 Liters. I have done this for a while and I truly believe that the difference between good and great lies in the details. Pay attention to every single facet of your garden. Your plants will talk to you every single day. As a grower, it's your job to learn to understand what they're saying. After many years, I know exactly how to understand what my particular pheno of Snow White is telling me. Paying attention to the details in every part of my garden allows me to produce desired results.

Here are some Tidbits to remember if you decide to run a 2L Hempy grow:

* Big clones = Big SOG plants -- The bigger the clone you start with, the bigger your end product. My clones are 6-8 inches tall. If you start with a 3 inch clone, naturally, it won't be able to keep pace with those 8 inchers.
* The root system is EVERYTHING -- My good friend and master grower Mr. Smith gave me this good advice years ago and it ESPECIALLY rings true when growing the way I do. Remember, I send my clones straight to 12/12 so they don't get any veg time. Therefore, my girls only have roughly 23 days to add all their vertical growth. More vertical growth obviously equals larger plants and more bud production overall. It's VITAL that 2L plants get a very fast start in order to finish strong. The only way to assure that fast start is making sure that your clones have a vigorous root system when buried in the 2Liter. The roots should be circling the bottom of the res when the clone is buried.

When I read writings from Hempy himself he talked of having to water the clones daily or even twice a day until the roots hit the res but I find this flawed. You're wasting days doing this. They REALLY start growing when the roots hit the res. Waiting on them to get there is a waste of precious time.

Find a strain that will throw long, vigorous root systems in the aero cloner and you have a potential winner on your hands. I cannot stress how important it is to take big clones with hearty root systems when growing this way.

* I've cut an additional 2" off the top of my 2Liters. They're probably more like 1.5Liter pots at this point. Shaving this 2" allows me to get my babies planted a little faster and the pot is still big enough to get the job done with no issues with roots getting bound.
* Make sure the water you're pouring on them is room temp. In the winter time, cold water runs out of my spigot at 40*. I know it's common knowledge that cold water will stunt plants but many don't think about it in the winter time and simply fill their feeding jugs with frigid water. Trust me, in this style of growing, it'll stunt the shit out of them. How do I know? I've done it to test it and the results were ugly.
* Find a strain that doesn't want to branch on you. A single, tall, thick, main cola...and lots of them... is what we're shooting for.

More to come later. ;)

There is another advantage to drying in the flowering room... odor control. We all have our flowering areas setup to control odor. If you dry somewhere else, that area will also need odor control measures put into place. I've been going back and forth about where and how to build my drying cupboard in the basement, but I might just do the initial drying in the flowering room. Once they go into bags or jars, the smell doesn't matter as much. I'm still undecided though. I think I may need to setup some odor control for the basement as a whole anyway. Mine aren't even flipped yet and some of these stains are already stinking. No smell outside the flowering room right now, but when I open it up to tend to them it's pretty shocking how much it already smells like cannabis!!!

Back
Top Bottom