Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

GREAT THREAD! Wish I'd gotten on board sooner.

The beauty of the journal...

Just suspend time and start on post 1 ;)

It's like having a fast forward button on your TV remote ;)

Hi folks,

The Raptor 6 is finally flying. It DWARFS the Quadray hood. I left the air cool flange nearest the fan open so it will accept the air and plugged the far end with some white cardboard. I might end up plugging the end nearest the fan as well as the fan moves air under the hood just fine.

raptor1.JPG
rap_plug.JPG

I planted 80 babies a couple nights ago and will plant the rest tomorrow night or the day after.

apriltable_babies.JPG
apriltable_clones.JPG

Now for the bad news. The black ring is showing itself on several of the clonex dipped clones. They have nice root systems but several have the black ring which I am convinced is due to the clones getting stressed by the clonex gel.

I had ran 5 straight lids without using clonex and saw zero black rings. I just cut 75 clones 2 days ago and actually took a small paint brush and lightly painted gel around the circumference of the clone but was careful not to get it on the cut end. I want to see if that makes a difference. I have made the decision that if I see any black rings on the 75 clones I just cut that I will not use clonex in conjunction with Snow White again.

Very frustrating.

Anyway,... 3 of 3 Critical Haze seeds have popped and 1 of 2 Critical Mass. The second CM seed looks rough. I noticed it when I dropped it in and I doubted it when I dropped it in the cup of water. I hope the 3 CM they're sending are in better shape. If not, Castle has received their first and last order from me.

Why is it so tough to get decent fucking service ANYWHERE? Our society is in a sad state when we're surprised by mere competency. If we receive good service, we're stunned.

Good Growing

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I love following your journal. I feel like I've learned so much from you and your groupies.

I'm curious about your PH meter/meters, recommendations, etc. I've been following your current grow from the start and just want to be heading in the right direction. Last night, after ordering from Corey, I ordered this guy:

Amazon: Waterproof EcoTestr pH1

1667108287638.png

I'm sure it will work, just not sure for how long.

I try to pay attention to all this information. I followed SteveHman's journals but I prefer the simpler SOG vs. SOG. I'm currently working up to the numbers, albeit slow but sure. Single 36 site cloner. The timing is almost here to turn the lights on the Hempys. I just want to make all those little things come together with the first run.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Man as always looks amazing can't wait to see the numbers on these bad boys. Are you running two raptors? And can you get a pic of the ring. I'm still working out my cloner issues res hit 80 today going to have to start using my cycle timer you said you run yours one on one off right and as always great pics and excellent info +reps

Man as always looks amazing can't wait to see the numbers on these bad boys. Are you running two raptors? And can you get a pic of the ring. I'm still working out my cloner issues res hit 80 today going to have to start using my cycle timer you said you run yours one on one off right and as always great pics and excellent info +reps

Thank you. I'll be getting another Raptor 6 in a couple weeks. Yes. 1 on 1 off until I see roots. Then 1 on and 5 off.

Here's the Black ring

blackring_death.JPG

Thanks to tee's tip, I have a new toy.

$39.99 at Lowes

You can see the red dot. This infrared thermometer will come in very handy when measuring ambient temps at the tops of flowering plants as well as cloner res temps.

inf_therm_1.JPG
inf_therm_dot1.JPG
inf_therm_restemp.JPG

All 3 Critical Haze as well as 1 of 2 Critical Mass have popped and will be planted tonight.

popped_crithaze.JPG
popped_critmass.JPG

Good Growing

Sorry to hear that the Ring of Death continues.:hmmmm:

While you are on the subject of cloning, I would like to inject my experience. Many years ago when I first started growing, I had a roomful of plants in the vegetative state. All had come from a single bag seed. I topped the mother and stuck it in a pot of wet soil. I filled a sprayer with tap water and misted the cutting every few hours. By the time I had a roomful of plants,the room was like a jungle with near 100% humidity. I found I could take a cutting, stick it in wet soil and forget about it.

You have had some great input in your journal on the importance of humidity while cloning. I just wanted to agree that high humidity really helps the cuttings while they are forming roots. I wish I could help with the RoD but I'm not there yet. The reason I began following your journal in the first place was that you spoke from experience. I've been gathering up the materials for my first SOG grow. I ordered my Snow White seeds this week so it will be a while before I have a tub full of clones. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Don't Let those consarned, phalanges sucking, nemotode eating, fucnob brained, ass scratching, #%!*/$ sniffing vendors get you down. Thanks for returning all that stuff. If everyone would stand up to assholes like that, there would be fewer assholes running stores.

I bought a 1000W dimmable HPS with an Airoflow reflector a couple of weeks ago. I love your new Raptor (Staying two steps ahead of me). By the time I get to where you are now, you will probably be growing Cannabis Supremus in solar powered moon dust. Thank you for sharing your experiences. As to your wife's pair of contributions, I would just like to say.....uh.....I mean she....uh..........I mean to say that I...uh......
....Wait a minute. What were we talking about?

:peace:

Hey fied you didnt mention it but, whats the dimenisions on the raptor? I just ordered a sun maxx its 37 x 27 with 6 inch flanges and Ill put my 40b in it till I order my quantum ballast 1000 and digilux bulb and does your R/O system have a tank? Was it hard to hook up? When and if you move any permanent damage to feed supply pipe that will have to be replaced? Ne how love the new rig :adore:

Hey fied you didnt mention it but, whats the dimenisions on the raptor? I just ordered a sun maxx its 37 x 27 with 6 inch flanges and Ill put my 40b in it till I order my quantum ballast 1000 and digilux bulb and does your R/O system have a tank? Was it hard to hook up? When and if you move any permanent damage to feed supply pipe that will have to be replaced? Ne how love the new rig :adore:

Thanks for the kind words. The Raptor 6 is 32 1/2" x 26 3/4".

My RO system didn't come with a tank but I built one out of a 30 gallon sterlite tote. It wasn't hard to hook up. I'm not sure I understand your feed supply line question.

4in_setup_014.jpg
ro_waterset.jpg
ro_res.jpg
rores_line.jpg

Hey fied. Just want to thank you for the DIY cloner. I built one this weekend, and got my cutting in it. And thanks to you having already worked out all the details, everything is goin smooth thus far. A few in the corners weren't good a good mist and started to wilt, just popped the top and made a quick adjustment and they all popped right back up. Thanks again +rep

Hey 420,

Im getting ready to move my clones into my grow tent and get them into 2 liters. Have a couple questions. What type of perlite do you use? Home depot has coarse grade, but dont know if that is fine enough. Also, when making your holes do you use a drill (what size bit) and how many holes are on each 2 liter (4?) And last question, I promise lol, what kind of paint just any black paint meant for plastic?

Thanks

Hey 420,

Im getting ready to move my clones into my grow tent and get them into 2 liters. Have a couple questions. What type of perlite do you use? Home depot has coarse grade, but dont know if that is fine enough. Also, when making your holes do you use a drill (what size bit) and how many holes are on each 2 liter (4?) And last question, I promise lol, what kind of paint just any black paint meant for plastic?

Thanks

Hi jj,

Good to see you. Never worry about asking questions here. That's why I run the journal....so I can pass it along.

Anyway, I have used the coarse grade perlite from Dept/Lowes and it's garbage. Coarse grade isn't very coarse by the time they pack it in on pallets and crush it through the delivery and unpacking/storing process. What you end up getting is a half bag of dust. The perlite from Depot/ Lowes will work if it's your only option but you'll have lots of dust to wash out and the perlite rocks are very small. It wouldn't be my first choice. My experience has led me to using the Super Coarse grade of perlite which is sold in most Hydro shops and some greenhouses. It's a little larger and easier to work with. The stuff in small shops doesn't get shipped in on a pallet so the entire bag is in good shape(more bang for your buck)The brand doesn't matter, but I do recommend Super Coarse grade perlite. Mine comes in 100 liter bags.

I use a 5/16th" bit and drill at least two and sometimes up to four holes. One hole will drain the water but sometimes a small hole can get plugged by a piece of perlite and that'll cause your medium to float. Trust me, I know....lol. Four small holes is playing it safe. Remember, keep your holes small. If you drill large holes, your medium, especially the vermiculite, will end up in your catch tubs.

I've experimented with regular spray paint, spray enamel, and even dye. I've found that throughout the process of growing, they'll all flake/chip off a little at some point. I recommend buying some cheap, flat black spray paint and using that. It's easily accessible for the everyday grower. Besides, you can always touch them up when and if necessary.

There may be a more permanent solution out there but personally, I haven't researched it that far. I wish you well.

Good Growing

Hi jj,

Good to see you. Never worry about asking questions here. That's why I run the journal....so I can pass it along.

Anyway, I have used the coarse grade perlite from Dept/Lowes and it's garbage. Coarse grade isn't very coarse by the time they pack it in on pallets and crush it through the delivery and unpacking/storing process. What you end up getting is a half bag of dust. The perlite from Depot/ Lowes will work if it's your only option but you'll have lots of dust to wash out and the perlite rocks are very small. It wouldn't be my first choice. My experience has led me to using the Super Coarse grade of perlite which is sold in most Hydro shops and some greenhouses. It's a little larger and easier to work with. The stuff in small shops doesn't get shipped in on a pallet so the entire bag is in good shape(more bang for your buck)The brand doesn't matter, but I do recommend Super Coarse grade perlite. Mine comes in 100 liter bags.

I use a 5/16th" bit and drill at least two and sometimes up to four holes. One hole will drain the water but sometimes a small hole can get plugged by a piece of perlite and that'll cause your medium to float. Trust me, I know....lol. Four small holes is playing it safe. Remember, keep your holes small. If you drill large holes, your medium, especially the vermiculite, will end up in your catch tubs.

I've experimented with regular spray paint, spray enamel, and even dye. I've found that throughout the process of growing, they'll all flake/chip off a little at some point. I recommend buying some cheap, flat black spray paint and using that. It's easily accessible for the everyday grower. Besides, you can always touch them up when and if necessary.

There may be a more permanent solution out there but personally, I haven't researched it that far. I wish you well.

Good Growing

Thanks for input. Just thought of this; u ever try sanding bottles b4 paint this way sticks better?

Back
Top Bottom