Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Hey 420fied I was going to send you a pm about a question I had on mother plants, but I haven't posted enough to meet the min. req. for sending pm's or something close to that, so can ask you here ?

I searched the forums about mother plants (maybe I overlooked it) for how long to let them grow(from seed) before you cut the clones, I've got some bag seed growing as a test before I start the snow whites I ordered from herbies, the plants are about 15''

Thanks in advance ChopBro

I searched the forums about mother plants (maybe I overlooked it) for how long to let them grow(from seed) before you cut the clones, I've got some bag seed growing as a test before I start the snow whites I ordered from herbies, the plants are about 15''

Thanks in advance ChopBro

That depends on the grower. Personally, I incorporate LST with my Moms so it literally takes 6 months before my moms start producing clones in numbers.

It all depends on how quickly the Mom grows and how the grower proceeds.

thanks that helps some, the plants I have now are in a tower garden hydro setup so I guess I need to start some in some pots.

Thanks again
ChopBro

I have roots ! ! ! Woo-hoo ! ! ! I am beginning to think that having cloning solution in the water in the cloner prior to rooting is a bad thing because maybe the stem is absorbing a tiny amount of nutrients and therefore slows down the need of roots? The reason I say this is that my cuttings look almost too healthy,no yellowing of leaves whatsoever which is an indication to me that the cutting is getting fed. I have cloned in the past with this same strain and in fact with the same mothers and they rooted much faster using root riot plugs but no cloning solution.

420fied, do you scrape your stems?

This is something that I recommend every grower to have,an infrared thermometer. In my past life I needed to test the temperature of flowing liquids and at the time these things cost 3-400 bucks but were a necessity. Now you can buy one at Lowes or Home Depot for 30 bucks. Instantly measure the temp of the water in your reservoir,point it at a leaf at the top of your plants and know instantly what the temp is. take a pencil and poke a hole into the soil and point the beam into the hole and know your root zone temp. I have two of 420fied's cloners and two cloning trays and I can check the water temps without reaching into the water for a floating thermometer,just take out one of the cuttings and point the beam through the opening into the water,done.
41mkK0FZkOL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is something that I recommend every grower to have,an infrared thermometer. In my past life I needed to test the temperature of flowing liquids and at the time these things cost 3-400 bucks but were a necessity. Now you can buy one at Lowes or Home Depot for 30 bucks. Instantly measure the temp of the water in your reservoir,point it at a leaf at the top of your plants and know instantly what the temp is. take a pencil and poke a hole into the soil and point the beam into the hole and know your root zone temp. I have two of 420fied's cloners and two cloning trays and I can check the water temps without reaching into the water for a floating thermometer,just take out one of the cuttings and point the beam through the opening into the water,done.
41mkK0FZkOL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'll be heading to Lowes tomorrow!

+reps!

I have roots ! ! ! Woo-hoo ! ! ! I am beginning to think that having cloning solution in the water in the cloner prior to rooting is a bad thing because maybe the stem is absorbing a tiny amount of nutrients and therefore slows down the need of roots? The reason I say this is that my cuttings look almost too healthy,no yellowing of leaves whatsoever which is an indication to me that the cutting is getting fed. I have cloned in the past with this same strain and in fact with the same mothers and they rooted much faster using root riot plugs but no cloning solution.

420fied, do you scrape your stems?

I LIGHTLY scrape them. Actually, it's more of an agitation.

420! back from my vacay and the news is good. Had my mothers on an autodrip irrigation i bought on amazon and they are still alive not looking over watered or under watered. I kept my cloner going but added about 10mL of micro grow n bloom to the water (figure around 6 -7 gallons of water in there). The leaves are not yellow and looks like they're actually vegging a little and they roots have grown nicely. Still don't know if they're long enough for 2 liters but gonna have to be since they've been in the cloner since 1/27 lol Also noticed you got all of one of your tables dried and weighed. Saw the weight for last 40 or so (220g's) but what was weight for whole table?

roots85.jpg
roooots1.jpg

Looking much better now (after adding nutes to cloning water),
leaves16.jpg

then they were...
photo_4114.JPG

Thanks again for your inspiration and words of wisdom!

I've read all your journals and don't recall you ever mentioning, but I am interested in what or how you measure the solutions. I've seen graduated beakers and what not, even shot glasses. You obviously have it down.

I made my first BPN order tonight. I just want to be as accurate as possible.

I've read all your journals and don't recall you ever mentioning, but I am interested in what or how you measure the solutions. I've seen graduated beakers and what not, even shot glasses. You obviously have it down.

I made my first BPN order tonight. I just want to be as accurate as possible.

Meat/flavor injector. It holds up to 30ml at a time.

Wal Mart - $4.95

injector_2.JPG
injector_1.JPG

I LIGHTLY scrape them. Actually, it's more of an agitation.

Cant picture this "agitation" is it done with the razor blade? Recently when I took clones I scraped a few and lightly scraped some too and the ones more roughly scraped didnt root as well its like I scraped to hard and bottom of clone is not rooting but rather above the scrape so this agitation is really in need by me. Although last clone session I also added a heater and clonex soaking for first time and some have huge roots and some not so much and on your timer whats your on/off time? Trying to get consistent in my cloning ability root size in x amount of time wise.

Cant picture this "agitation" is it done with the razor blade? Recently when I took clones I scraped a few and lightly scraped some too and the ones more roughly scraped didnt root as well its like I scraped to hard and bottom of clone is not rooting but rather above the scrape so this agitation is really in need by me. Although last clone session I also added a heater and clonex soaking for first time and some have huge roots and some not so much and on your timer whats your on/off time? Trying to get consistent in my cloning ability root size in x amount of time wise.

I'll do my best to describe it for you.

I take the edge of my clippers and very lightly run the edge of the blade from the intended cutting point up the stem for about 1". I do this all the way around the circumference of the stem. 360*. -- I don't scrape the stems. The outer layer doesn't peel off. I say agitation because I scrape enough that I can jusssssst start to see the agitation on the stem. I stop when I begin to see tiny pieces of the very outer layer start to flake off. They're the size and shape of fine grains of sand. I make sure not to actually scrape off the outer layer. There are never any stem shavings due to scraping.

I hope this makes some sense.

As far as my timer goes.... When the clones are first put into the cloners I run the timer at 1 on / 1 off. Once I see roots I switch to 1 on / 5 off until I plant them.

Several combinations will work.

I'll do my best to describe it for you.

I take the edge of my clippers and very lightly run the edge of the blade from the intended cutting point up the stem for about 1". I do this all the way around the circumference of the stem. 360*. -- I don't scrape the stems. The outer layer doesn't peel off. I say agitation because I scrape enough that I can jusssssst start to see the agitation on the stem. I stop when I begin to see tiny pieces of the very outer layer start to flake off. They're the size and shape of fine grains of sand. I make sure not to actually scrape off the outer layer. There are never any stem shavings due to scraping.

I hope this makes some sense.

As far as my timer goes.... When the clones are first put into the cloners I run the timer at 1 on / 1 off. Once I see roots I switch to 1 on / 5 off until I plant them.

Several combinations will work.

This is evactly the info I was looking for and you described it perfectly Ive been doing to much scraping waaaaay to much thanks fied :thanks: +rep if I can

Back
Top Bottom