Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Hi folks,

Last night I was cleaning up table 1 in preparation for the upcoming planting and I decided to snap a couple of pictures as I've really never talked much about the drain tables I built.

I've got approx $75.00 invested in each table and they've made my life MUCH easier. They're 9' long, built from 2x4s and OSB board, covered with pond liner,and have a 2" decline from the rear of the table to the front where a built in drain funnels the runoff into a 5 gallon bucket. From there I transport it over to the sink for disposal. I also built them in a fashion that will allow me to utilize the room underneath them as storage space. I keep bags of Perlite, Vermiculite, my dehumidifier, etc....in this space and it keeps my flower room clutter free.

draintable_1.JPG
draintable_2.JPG
space_undertable.JPG
drain_liner.JPG
drain_bucket.JPG

I know this doesn't apply to every situation. I just wanted to pass along what I've put together in hopes that it may spark an idea for another grower somewhere along the line.

My Wife says the only reason I authored this post was to brag about my rudimentary design and carpentry skills. lol!

Good Growing Everyone

Those are nice man. I may have to hijack that and adapt it to my situation. I'm thinking this +super soil and an ro filter with a 45 gal reserve and a watering wand could really make life sweet for me. Reps to u sir

i am makeing 3 table 2x3 what did you use to hold down the pond liner with

We use metal pole barn siding for the tables. Can get in multiple lengths at the lumber supply. We stand up concrete blocks on end. 6 blocks for a 12 foot long table, 3 rows of 2 blocks. Lay 2x4 across (widthwise), for each row of blocks we add an extra "crossbar" to create the slope, a total of 3 inches over 12 feet. A piece of gutter at the low end funnels runoff to a drain. Storebought is way too expensive and "predetermined". I've also used plain old black/clear plastic just as 420fied used the pondliner. I just leave the low end off and allow the plastic to hang into the gutter.

Thanks fied.. i will start my journal as i start this next grow.The trays I have are a 3x3 and a 4x4 both will be under two 1k hps lights.... How many 2 liters will fit in the two trays? I have 4 mother plants ready to go. I just want to make sure I've built the right size aero cloner (maybe ill have to build more than one50 siter as u did, do u have any recommendations on building a larger site one?) to accommodate the needs of the two trays. As I don't want to have the clones feeding at different levels.

Thanks for the grow love. Peace.

I dried and weighed the remaining plants on table 1. There ended up being 43 plants, not 50 as I had stated (my error).

43 plants yielded 220 grams (7.8 ounces) or 5.1 grams per plant. I was a bit disappointed in the weight but I also kind of expected it as I had a few weak plants in the group. The GPW # doesn't apply here because at one time, there were 40 more plants on the table which have already been harvested. Table 2 in it's entirety, comes down in 25 days.

Here's a photogenic specimen from the newly harvested group.

feb13_nug.JPG

Good Growing Everyone

Thanks fied.. i will start my journal as i start this next grow.The trays I have are a 3x3 and a 4x4 both will be under two 1k hps lights.... How many 2 liters will fit in the two trays? I have 4 mother plants ready to go. I just want to make sure I've built the right size aero cloner (maybe ill have to build more than one50 siter as u did, do u have any recommendations on building a larger site one?) to accommodate the needs of the two trays. As I don't want to have the clones feeding at different levels.

Thanks for the grow love. Peace.

A 2 Liter has a 4 1/4" inch footprint. Therefore, if you stack them side by side, you'll be able to run 64 plants at a time in your 3x3 tray and 121 plants at a time in your 4x4 tray for a total of 185 per run.

With your setup, you could really pull some weight.

185 plants under (2) 1000 watters. If each plant yields 10 grams that's 1850 dried grams or a staggering 66 ounces per pull.

You can buy a large 50 gallon tote and make a 100 site cloner.

I wish you well.

185 plants under (2) 1000 watters. If each plant yields 10 grams that's 1850 dried grams or a staggering 66 ounces per pull.

Mom maintenance for such numbers looks inconvenient. A chore? A real project to change strains unless:
Micropropagation be employed.
A small lab could produce your needs, any strain any scheduled time. I get bored with the same kind ;)
Amazon: Plants from Test Tubes

1667108362591.png

Hey 420fied, I know this doesn't apply to your current grow but I followed you from your 4x5 scrog
I am nearing the end of veg in my first scrog and could use a few pointers if you have a chance. I was going to start a journal but do most work from my iPad and not sure how to upload pictures. 3x3 scrog with 3 giga bud clones and one caramelicious from seed I had left. Filling in really nice. The caramelicious was topped twice, and I have been doing some lst on the branches. The gigabud are not topped at all just extensive lst. Trying to gauge the hardest part (timing the flip). I would appreciate any advice but understand that you are a busy man. Thanks again for all the info frOm your very informative grow journals. Peace brother.

Nine days ago I placed an order with Castle Seeds. The order arrived today with no problems...... almost.

order.jpg
order_error.JPG

I sent them a polite email explaining that upgrade in price or not, I want to grow Critical Mass, not Critical Haze. This is my first dealing with Castle and they aren't off to a great start. I await their response.

420 didn't notice if you stated it or not but did you install your new raptor hood for your next round?

I pick it up in the morning. Shop closed today.

Mom maintenance for such numbers looks inconvenient. A chore? A real project to change strains unless:
Micropropagation be employed.
A small lab could produce your needs, any strain any scheduled time. I get bored with the same kind ;)
Amazon: Plants from Test Tubes

Keeping moms isn't that much of a pain but switching strains in an operation like mine is a nightmare.

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it.

Hey 420fied, I know this doesn't apply to your current grow but I followed you from your 4x5 scrog
I am nearing the end of veg in my first scrog and could use a few pointers if you have a chance. I was going to start a journal but do most work from my iPad and not sure how to upload pictures. 3x3 scrog with 3 giga bud clones and one caramelicious from seed I had left. Filling in really nice. The caramelicious was topped twice, and I have been doing some lst on the branches. The gigabud are not topped at all just extensive lst. Trying to gauge the hardest part (timing the flip). I would appreciate any advice but understand that you are a busy man. Thanks again for all the info frOm your very informative grow journals. Peace brother.

Without pictures I'm giving you blind advice. Every grower has an opinion on this one. I'd hate to give you advice without pics and lead you astray. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Nine days ago I placed an order with Castle Seeds. The order arrived today with no problems...... almost.

order.jpg
order_error.JPG

I sent them a polite email explaining that upgrade in price or not, I want to grow Critical Mass, not Critical Haze. This is my first dealing with Castle and they aren't off to a great start. I await their response.

PITA!

Sorry Fied!

Back
Top Bottom