M1's Multi Strain - 1500W - DWC/Soil - Grow - Lots of Resources

Re: M1's Multi Strain 1500W DWC/Soil Grow (Lots of resourses)

here's that pic if it's easier for you here, not getting worse, I flushed w some epsom salts & ph 6 water

:thanks: for that very thoughtful share in my yard!:high-five:

fluxy_lady_4_1.png

Cant wait my friend! Sounds like you are getting it down! I would be careful using GH nutes with your auto's start with a low low strength and build it up till they are at the sweet spot.

Only things I can think of,

Reliable water source
Hydrogen peroxide or other things to combat root rot and plant illnesses

I'm sure there is more you plant to buy, Just don't forget anything can happen in a grow and the more prepared you are the more likely your plants are to survive then say if you didn't have the appropriate stuff on hand.

Can't wait till you get started buying and growing, I'll be there!:thumb:

Thanks M1, noted on the GH nutrients. Would the Hydrogen peroxide kill the "good Bennies"? I will be listing W/pictures my list, just in case I forget something. I have you on speed dial my friend. When are you having to move your room?

REPS to you my friend, thanks for all the help.

The hydrogen peroxide can be used to treat root problems even in certain soil circumstances but will be mainly for when you start your hydro grow you want some of this sitting around.(if it seems like I didn't answer your question about the good bennies its cause I have no idea what your asking me lol sorry)

I will have to leave no later than July 12th but ideally I need to be going before that my plants will dictate that. Depends on how fast they want to mature for me!:high-five:

That would be awesome! I look forward to see your Dream! I'm sure you have gained enough knowledge to start! considering most people just half ass try it for the first time like myself. ;)

Cant wait my friend! Sounds like you are getting it down! I would be careful using GH nutes with your auto's start with a low low strength and build it up till they are at the sweet spot.

Only things I can think of,

Reliable water source
Hydrogen peroxide or other things to combat root rot and plant illnesses

I'm sure there is more you plant to buy, Just don't forget anything can happen in a grow and the more prepared you are the more likely your plants are to survive then say if you didn't have the appropriate stuff on hand.

Can't wait till you get started buying and growing, I'll be there!:thumb:
Hi M1, i see all is round in your world Man. :thumb:

i'll be there too subscribing to 60cal journal, sound like a pretty great setup he will start soon.
have a warm green day M1.

Ok guys here we are at day 9 of flower, Its not a vary good pic but you can see my little Girl has some tiny budz!

20140418_192856.jpg

Chemdog
20140418_192641.jpg

Blue OG
20140418_192927.jpg

Blue Dream (sativa dom)
20140418_192803.jpg

Here is the White rhino with the curled leaf, maybe 5 total leafs show this problem on the white rhino so I havn't been to worried not that there is much I can do about it as I already do most of the PHing 2-3 days in advance
20140418_192727.jpg

Here's a few more random shots
20140418_192557.jpg
20140418_193000.jpg

Ok guys as always Have a wonderful Day/night!:thumb::high-five::peace:

Thanks M1, By good bennies I mean I will be pouring tea over my root mass once a week making it a live reservoir, I'm not sure if hydrogen peroxide will kill the good bacteria.

It looks like we will be moving and setting (resetting) up our shops at the same time, thanks for helping. And by looking at your tent I can see how things can get tight real quick lol. Please put me on your speed dial so I can follow your new journal as well.

I would absolutely avoid using hydrogen peroxide unless you have a problem because yes It will kill off the good bacteria and microbes in your soil.

I am here for you any time man, all questions welcome and I can't wait for you to start your journal!

Yes indeed I started with 1 light and everything in the 4x4 now everything is spread out and both lights running 100% 600W each and of course my L.E.D is still in there. Don't forget I started Bloom earlier than I would have liked so it wont be to to bad towards the end But they have some nice size :)

I'll hit you with a notification when I start my new grow, Maybe I will share my whole idea for the next grow sometime. My aim will be to atomize the system as much as possible so it will be a RDWC my 15 gal rope tote ideaX2 in 1 tent and 8 5 gal buckets in the other. I plan to use two 55Gal drums, fill with R/O water, PH it then move fresh PH'd water to second 55 gal drum via pump then from there have the PH'd water fed to my control buckets to keep the water level up as high as it needs to be diluting the solution slowly over the week.

I have some good plans for the next grow, I may also include an outdoor Hydro grow in 2015 utalizing my rope tote idea if it comes along good.:thumb:

Have a great night everyone!:thumb:

Looking good M1 :thumb:

Ok guys, Finally I am back with some closure!

Today I will share how I harvest, dry and cure my buds and some information behind it.

First I will cover the research I did, I have to tell you I looked high and low and I'm not sure where you got the idea that if dried with light it will flash the THC away but as far as I can tell this is not true. However there are a few reasons you want to dry in pitch black or as dark as you can obtain.

Number 1 reason to dry in darkness.... Better nugz. When you put your buds into darkness they will actually breakdown the chlorophyll in the leafs and uses up the remaining nutrients that could be left in the buds even after a flush! In essence doing this will result in better tasting buds or less harsh buds.

HARVESTING: I prefer to harvest once trichs have been cloudy, sometimes until I spot my first amber trich. I begin my flush roughly 1- 1.5 weeks before chop. 3-4 days of the flush my plants spend entirely in darkness, no a ray of light at all. Here we are back to biology class, what happens if you put ANY healthy plant in complete darkness for greater than 48 hours? 4 days later when you look at the plant again it will be yellowed out as a result of trying to stay alive with no fuel source(the sun).

If any of you can see where this is going, This is hugely beneficial to me. Since switching to this method (long darkness before harvest), I've had few problems with chemical tastes, as the plant has absorbed everything it can trying to stay alive.(on a side note doing this your plant will look fine other than the yellowing but she will still be sturdy)

For you people who have a knack for quick drying, This method is for YOU. This will go a long way in insuring your smoke is the best around!

I hang My buds in darkness for 2-6 days at 50% RH(no fan directly on them but air is turbulent) From there It is Loosely Jarred and burped every 12 hours for 3 days then burped every 24 hours until it meets my standards! after this My buds are stored with Humidipacks to keep the buds from over drying.

Then us here at 420mag are gonna have a :bongrip::rollit::bong::roorrip::blunt::hookah: Whatever you all do at home!~

AS always I hope you all have a great day!!:thumb:

I would absolutely avoid using hydrogen peroxide unless you have a problem because yes It will kill off the good bacteria and microbes in your soil.

I am here for you any time man, all questions welcome and I can't wait for you to start your journal!

Yes indeed I started with 1 light and everything in the 4x4 now everything is spread out and both lights running 100% 600W each and of course my L.E.D is still in there. Don't forget I started Bloom earlier than I would have liked so it wont be to to bad towards the end But they have some nice size :)

I'll hit you with a notification when I start my new grow, Maybe I will share my whole idea for the next grow sometime. My aim will be to atomize the system as much as possible so it will be a RDWC my 15 gal rope tote ideaX2 in 1 tent and 8 5 gal buckets in the other. I plan to use two 55Gal drums, fill with R/O water, PH it then move fresh PH'd water to second 55 gal drum via pump then from there have the PH'd water fed to my control buckets to keep the water level up as high as it needs to be diluting the solution slowly over the week.

I have some good plans for the next grow, I may also include an outdoor Hydro grow in 2015 utalizing my rope tote idea if it comes along good.:thumb:

Have a great night everyone!:thumb:

Thanks M1, I'll just have some hydrogen peroxide on hand, I think I read that using hydrogen peroxide with water makes a good system cleaner, and using bleach on none growing surfaces, your thoughts or how you clean up after a run.
Sounds like you have been dreaming of "BIG GREEN CHRISTMAS" I will be watching your new set up sounds like you are going to be one of the big dogs here on 420.

Favorite saying:IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS, STAY ON THE PORCH.

Hey 60cal, Yes indeed It can be helpful on a daily basis, however only if you are not using live microbes or "bennies". not just in keeping algae out but it creates more oxygenated surface space for your roots so in theory you could add the right amount and run your res at a high temp(say if you couldn't lower it for some reason). Personally I would advise not to use Peroxide unless your combating an illness, as far as DWC all your doing is killing off not only bad bacteria but the MANY good bacteria that can form without even adding Bennies yourself.

As you progress as a grower you will find that certain methods such as people who use peroxide everyday(yes they add a specific amount everyday) Have benefits but they do not outweigh the benefits by far of the GOOD bacteria that builds in your system.

Every week when I change the water, I fill with a little hot water ( mine is steam away hot as my hot water comes from the wood boiler)
And rise with bleach, rinse with clean water and lemon juice then it is wiped dry before being filled with water again.

I can't say its the absolute best way but its the way I manage to get it all cleaned up. When I do My RDWC I may cycle Fresh water with a flushing agent/cleaning agent for 15 mins or so to clean the system. Have not thought to much about it yet but I'll have to find something that wont hurt my roots!

Thanks for that ego boost 60cal! I'm more in tuned with outdoor growing up until a few years ago indoor growing was not part of my knowledge. I have such a love for growing this plant! I love to see others plants and the whole experience is awesome to me. I probably will never stop trying new stuff, new idea. See for myself what works and what works better ;)

Well my thought on this is if you are constantly learning you're growing and when you arent learning anything you're shrinking. Glad you are excited to keep learning. Not being afraid to try new things and go against the "norm" is how we learn new training techniques and pruning methods and develop new strains. I use hydrogen peroxide in the water when they are seedlings but stop using it by the time the 3rd watering comes up. It may hurt some of the beneficials but making a plant less prone to rot and disease will always be a good thing in my book. Plus I add more beneficials in after I use hydrogen peroxide

Absolutely Joe,

yeah there are many practical ways to utilize many methods at once!

That one was new to be joe thanks for the share! as I germ my seeds in water and I do keep the temps higher like 80-85F

btw I LOVE this ORGANIC line man, May not be my hand crafted organics but I can tell the plants are a bunch happier. TO me since I've switched it seems like faster growth per day, also with the organics I've been able to push the PPM's a lot higher without burning them!

Joe, I have a request for you! I would like to know your experiences with organics, such as what you've tried. What works ok, what really works, when to use it etc. If you could perhaps some info in why or whats in the stuff that makes it work so good!

Thanks! As always everyone have a great day!:high-five::thumb:

Sure thing. I could give you something now but im gonna wait until Ive smoked some first. So in a bit we can dive into organics. Im not sure how much information this will be so in advance im stating that I will divide it into a few posts if it needs to be so it isnt a wall of text. Right now im on youtube watching this video called salad fingers.

Just smoking a quick joint. Will be with you in a moment. My daughters being fussy so it may not be as long and detailed as I am accustomed to doing

Ok hmm where to begin. As im sure you know there is organic and then there is synthetic or manmade. For many of years and I am sure many many more to come people have been arguing which is better. Better taste,better yield,better flushed just better. The argument will always be which is better. I think the focus needs to be on what is more cost effective which products work the best off of each other. To a lot of growers their choice isnt always based off of what they like but rather what someone else is doing. It is a fad society and the cannabis growing society isnt all to different. For me personally here is why I chose organic in the form of an example. Nevermind the example I wrote it all out and it sounded like something anyone would only be able to understand if it was spoken and not written. Well

I feel Marijuana was first grown wild outdoors and in doing so there was no synthetic ultra grow your ass off nutrient but there was manures and decomposition and sediment and those have always existed and the plants grew and thrived and it was natural to them. So when I grow even if it is indoors I want to be able to give the plants what they have always known. I feel like it is helping the plant do something indoors that it would do naturally outdoors. My choice doesnt have to do with synthetic is science and therefore is evil or organic tastes better. Those are the most common excuses but thats not me. I actually use organic soil as you know and organic nutrients as you know but a few of the things I use are also synthetic. I would say the absolute number 1 reason I grow organic is because organic is something I can relate to and understand and is something we were all taught from when were kids and that is something you know and trust and information thats already been ingrained in your head and so as a organic grower I would already have a leg up on most new growers because it was knowledge I already had. Sure there was and is tons more that I need to and will learn. With synthetics you start off with a very small knowledge base and things you learnt in chemistry and biology need to be crossed and correlated. It can be done. It has been done but there is so much more learning that needs to be done. Since the knowledge base is so much smaller to begin with that means there is a much higher risk of simply being taken for a ride. In other words being taken advantage of. There are a lot of me toos cropping up every single day with some very expensive products. Sure I would absolutely love to test every product with the same variables besides the different product on different plants and give conclusive absolute results but the problem doesnt lay with the desire to do this. It is much more a financial problem. If you buy just a few of these products you are spending more then your lights cost and I just dont have that kind of money and so I stick with organic while researching synthetics and as I research I will incorporate some of these things into the organic garden. Gonna take a break for a moment but this seemed a decent ending point for this preamble(I suppose)

Back
Top Bottom