M1's Multi Strain - 1500W - DWC/Soil - Grow - Lots of Resources

Re: M1's Multi Strain 1500W DWC/Soil Grow (Lots of resourses)

Hey m1,how's ur Sunday dude?? Are u watching the masters?? I love golf,so much I was gonna nip more of my NL just 4 2night,but I've resisted temption,so its beers 2night 2 enjoy the golf an see who wins,I'm hoping bubba Watson,that guy has a lot of style,an loads of class.how's ur ladies doing???:Namaste:

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

Hey everyone! I'm going to hit you guys with an update a little early as I will probably be busy at day 7. So here we are at day 5 of Flower, Enjoy!

20140415_121337.jpg
20140415_121526.jpg
20140415_121608.jpg
20140415_121446.jpg
20140415_121740.jpg
20140415_121405.jpg
20140415_122108.jpg
20140415_121628.jpg
20140415_121826.jpg
20140415_121908.jpg

Hope you all have a Great day!:thumb:

wonderful M1 !!!!!
i always have been impressed by these DWC buckets and the growth rate of plants feed with these systems.
you are really lucky to manage all that space, i would love to set up a huge space with several hydro-tables setups.
you’re doing a great job M1.

Looks Great M1 :thumb:
I like the tape on the buckets to keep the light :thumb:

wonderful M1 !!!!!
i always have been impressed by these DWC buckets and the growth rate of plants feed with these systems.
you are really lucky to manage all that space, i would love to set up a huge space with several hydro-tables setups.
you’re doing a great job M1.

Yes! It is absolutely awesome and you can tell those buckets saved my ass as I had to start flower way earlier than I would have but they gained some Size for sure! Space is a luxury I only recently obtained and I'm not giving that up after I move lol

Looks Great M1 :thumb:
I like the tape on the buckets to keep the light :thumb:

Thanks cronic! yeah Old colored tape that never got used I figured what the hell, NO ALGAE in my buckets No Sir!

:high-five::thumb:

Hey M1, I am thinking of growing Auto's for my very first grow, first 5 than in one month 5 more, soon after that I will start the photo grow all in hydro with Rockwool mini cubes (top feed) recover. I feel the Autos will help me get use to it. I read that you have grown a lot of autos and wonders if you can help me with the basics like, do you feed autos like photos, lights on 18/6 the entire time? Mh for veg & HPS for bloom?
Your girls are looking great M1 good job if a rookie may so!!

Hey M1

Hope all is well in your world.

Remember the leaf spotting thing I couldn't work out a few weeks ago.

Well I found a pic that shows the problem - an early calcium def.

11341134calcium-start2.jpg

From this excellent article.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

I'm still back on page 13, so a bit of a catch up to do.

YUP! BB That was my first guess when you told me what was going on especially since I was looking right at the deficiency on my own plant! Mine has bounced back nicely she has surpassed the Super Crit in height too now lol.

This morning I received a shipment of "Fragile liquids" Hope no one gets upset if I told you guys I've switched to "Farmer's Pride" for blooming, IDk why but they do not like me or anyone talking about the company that produces the line.

So that being said, This has switched into an organic grow that I hope will help the budz with taste and smell!!:thumb:

Today all the girls Got a water change this morning to full bloom, Blue dream that had the Ca Deficiency does not like much nutes, I think she is a bad pheno type honestly I hate the way she is growing, I hope she surprises me. She got all burnt up this morning after the change so I added 1 extra gallon of clean water to her no burning has progressed thus far.

Yeah BB I have to catch up on your grow! I've been super busy lately barely have 15 mins to jump on.

Hey 60cal Absolutely My next post is for you bud!:thumb:

I wonder what the story is there of why it cant be talked about. Seems highly unusual and so it peeks my curiosity.

Ok 60cal Here I will share with you my knowledge and experiences with Auto-flowers, as they are vary differently grown than Photo-periods.

Auto-Flowering Cannabis is a man made cross between "Cannabis Ruderalis" + Cannabis Sativa and/or Cannabis Indica.

First thing to know is this kind of cannabis HATES stress, a good Auto strain can take some stress but it is controversial on if it reduces yield or not. IMO To much stress will absolutely impact your yield but its not as simple as that. Some Auto-flowering plants are no good (the cross doesn't work) you get hermies, slow growing plants, random or weird budding transitions and in general problems. So when choosing a Auto-flowering strain make sure you do some serious research on the strain you are picking up. My personal favorites are the Auto-Mazer and the Auto-Pineapple Express. These 2 strains are vary well known auto strains and will not give you much problem.

Moving on to What you need to think about when starting this plant, when your Auto moves out of the seedling stage and into the vegetative, Auto's Send their Tap root straight down! and during this time your plant is gaining a lot of growth and size, Once the tap root hits home on the bottom she will start sending out feeder roots from the tap root, This will slow her daily growth (however because the plant's size changing the actual "daily growth" in % is hard to judge without keeping up with length of each branch etc etc lol) While she is growing her root mass she will be shifting into the last part of her vegetative stage and slowly beginning the transition.

Things to think about: Taller Pots to get a bit of extra growth and time out of the plant.
Absolutely NO stess IMO, take a few branches/leafs off as you have to but no LSTing and absolutely no topping or super cropping. I feel this Drastically reduces total yield in half or more in some cases, in my experience and research I have done.

Lighting, Should be 100% 18/6 if you are growing only Auto's through veg and bloom you keep it the same. This is for a few reasons, The plant will grow bigger and have a heavier yield from the extra 6 hours because they do not grow by Photo-period, So night time does not give them the growth we get from Photo-periods. The other reason is the "switch" from 18/6 to 12/12 can be stressful on even photo-period plants And IMO plays a huge role in why some plants get buds faster than others even clones from the same mother. You can notice most of my plants are in the same place as far as sex and starts of bud formations, ultimately from slowly reducing time to 12/12.
( I must add you can grow an auto in 12/12 or 16/8 of light and you will probably find that some strains prefer less light, some prefer more light)

Generally speaking Auto's Don't take Much nutes to be pushed at max. If you plan to use Nutrients on your first grow I may recommend a R/O filter and Soil that has little to no Nutrient value. However you will find your plant will have most of what it need from a good soil and that Most Auto strains cant take much more than that. When using Nutrients you must remember to not switch to budding nutrients until you see bud formation! If you switch to bloom nutrients during the transition It will result in a N deficiency as the plant still requires a lot at this stage.

Back to Lighting, There really is no Wrong answer, It is best to get a Mix of spectrum's So should you decide to buy a light get 1 MH 1 HPS bulb and run down to the store and find some CFL's get a few in the Warm-White or(daylight) and a few in the Cool-white, and run these CFL's in the shadowy. Use the MH bulb for 2 weeks of your plants life and exchange the bulb to the HPS for the remainder of the grow and be sure to have the Cool-white bulbs hanging around for the added spectrum's. My recommendation Is to switch back to MH at last 1- 2 weeks of budding or when the buds cease to grow a noticeable amount in a 2-4 day span. Doing this will result in extra kick to your buds potency wise.

Climate Should be the same as Photo-periods with the acceptation they do not tolerate low RH 30%+ is a must for no stress.

I'm sure there are a few more points I could cover but as you said this will be your first grow, don't over whelm yourself because it is a Lot of work!

As for your second Grow, I will be around! Probably settled into the new home and back to growing ONLY hydro. This is My first large scale Hydro grow, I did a Small 1 gallon DWC grow Just before starting this grow and with amazing results, after this I'm upgrading to my 15Gal tote idea if anyone remembers me talking about :)

Ok that about wraps it up! Feel free to ask any more question! I will answer to the best of my ability and as always everyone have a great day!:thumb::roorrip:

I wonder what the story is there of why it cant be talked about. Seems highly unusual and so it peeks my curiosity.

Hey joe they guys at 420 Basically said because the company was linked with a Massive outdoor Marijuana raid on the guy who owns the company, I'll send you a PM smokerjoe of what they told me both times.

Thanks M1, I to am moving and going to a larger grow, it's legal her for MMJ, I'll keep reading and put you on speed dial.
Question; If I use 600w for MH veg and 1000w for bloom 1-1000w per 4'X4' will I need extra lights? 3.5gal planters? Can I fit 5 Autos in a 4'X4' tray without crowding? Thank you Sir.

No using that high of wattage bulbs will stop the need for the use of supplemental lighting unless you want to use both spectrum's of light through the grow, The way I view that is its really depends on the strain you grow, you have to think of it this way my friend with 5 plants in a 4 by 4 that leaves less than 1 by 1 foot area for each plant.

I would recommend bumping down to 4 in that amount of area, if you successfully grow your autos, they will fill the void! Snake lad has a nice looking Auto ( the one in the day light). Some people cram as much as they can into a tent, I like to give them some space to grow.

However You might had be able to squeeze in 5 But to the end of budding you might regret the work you have to do to get to each one too lol

So what is your plan? Nutes? limitations? ideas? do you have strains an or a list of supply's yet? I'd love to hear what you have planned!:thumb:

#day 8 of flower, Bud formations are beginning on most of the soil girls but all of the hydro's are still stretching but have Pistols everywhere

The White Rhino Really seems to be bogging down(not growing as good), maybe its just me, possibly the strain or the mutation. She has triple branches everywhere now and I have stripped much of the small lower branches, but I hope I don't have any problems with her!!

Any advice please share, any questions don't hesitate to ask! Have a wonderful day everyone!!:thumb:

Thanks M1, I'm going to be perpetual, 2 rooms: Veg room 10'X12'X8'--2-4'X4' trays with 600w on each, 1 tray will be hand fed 2nd tray will have a 27gal (homer depot) reservoir, top feed, recover, change res every 10 days with tea at the end of day 10. for photoperiod plants I will veg for two months and bloom for two months. Bloom room 10'X14'X8' high, 2-4'X4' with 1000w on each. GH nutrients, cool tube on all venting hot air out during summer, venting into the lung room during winter. Two patients are allowed up to 15 plants each but, not required. I figure $3,500 for full set up with all the little toys I will need or want. I have been reading this site for months before I joined, I've run 10's of dozen grows through my mind changing set up as I learn more and more from great people like you and other "420 Big Dogs". I've been locked in a legal battle with the lease holder and I won, now to find the perfect place for my garden. I will start a journal from the building selection to electric, how I vent, get fresh air, insulation, walls built, doors installed and lets not forget the week to week updates and asking for help. What do you think M1 I'm I missing anything?

I will have a extraction fan in each room hooked to a big filter (keeps the bad guys away).

See signature below for disclaimer:

Cant wait my friend! Sounds like you are getting it down! I would be careful using GH nutes with your auto's start with a low low strength and build it up till they are at the sweet spot.

Only things I can think of,

Reliable water source
Hydrogen peroxide or other things to combat root rot and plant illnesses

I'm sure there is more you plant to buy, Just don't forget anything can happen in a grow and the more prepared you are the more likely your plants are to survive then say if you didn't have the appropriate stuff on hand.

Can't wait till you get started buying and growing, I'll be there!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom