Mainlining does it really yield more?

Yeah I also quit topping. Topping works to make a nice symmetrical shape with 4 or 8 tops, but for general purposes I just bend the stem over if I want them to grow the plant flatter, shorter, and wider. New limbs and buds grow from all the nodes exposed to the light, and you easily achieve the same thing without chopping away any of your plant. If I wanted to put a few seconds more time and more love into it I could also arrange things to make the plant symmetrical, instead of like the mop shown below. But usually I don’t have time to bother.

I’m interested to see what comes of this thread. It seems intuitive to me that a plant grown without manifolding is going to yield better than one that gets tortured and slowed down so much throughout veg.
Most of my plants end up filling the available space with bud. There’s only so much room for bud in the canopy and I don’t see how I can squish more in or yield more without adding more lights.

this my first time trying this method have the time to let her recoup as I'm waiting for a auto to finish but now after checking this out next girls will get lst try sea of green.Yesterday I gave her a big hair cut don't take long to fill back in

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 271
First time manifolding (I manifolded 2 plants to 8 main stems and 2 plants to 16 stems) Green Gelato RQS almost at 8 weeks(12/12) 3 of the 4 plants shown more Sativa node separation than I would like even though these were advertised as Indica dominate. I don't know if it produces more than other techniques but will have a better idea after drying in about 2-4 weeks. The pic that shows the manifolding was taken about 3 weeks ago the others are up to date pics sorry for the poor quality pics but they are to heavy/big to drag out of their box now........

i manifolded my first ever crop of three photoperiods, 1 critical 2 gas..
27ounces dry weight..
CD83D114-3DE9-4B32-A0CB-9E623AFD69BE.jpeg
average 9z per plant..
for a beginner..
manifolding worked for me. no ifs no buts..

Damn right mate that's a hell of a pull for a first timer! Nicely done sir!
quantum watts mate lol
nothing special just good lights kept on top of environment and training.
easy lol

I was told from the beginning. Years ago. That topping only takes your biggest bud out of the equation. That's been proven wrong but I still live by it. some strains I will top. Mostly bending and super cropping can give me a pretty good canopy with a lot of work.

No plants were topped and there is 5 different strains in that tent.

I sure do regret topping my blueberry this time. they stopped growing for like a week after and now growth is pretty slow. i guess they don't like it.

I have had a few plants like that. I had one take almost a month to make 2 tops. With different pheno's it can even happen with in one strain. That is the case with me. Some plants of my purple strain top well others take forever to start going again.

for example,
my 3 mainlined photos vegged 10 weeks, could have flipped at 9 probably, the 3 cuts do slow them down, they will be mature by the time theyve recovered and reestablished after 3rd topping though and well established rootzones.
quadlining is 1 cut, and so should be ready for flip before reaching maturity even, only one cutting to recover from, and faster to get them into the desired structure. i flipped my quads around week 6/7 as opposed to 10 this time round

I've never tried mainlining, it looks interesting but maybe a bit too organized for my scattered brain. I started LST on my first grow and it turned out nice, but was alot of work. I still top early once or twice but I agree with @Nunyabiz that supercropping is the way to go. Way less recovery time. Here's my first attempt at a scrog...these were topped probably once or twice then bent and bent and bent and....
IMG_20190815_075030141_HDR.jpg

I just ran my first true SCrog in a 4x4 using 3.7' x 3' screen. I am in the late stage of drying right now with about two day before they go into jars for curing.
Looking at wet weight conversion and weighting after 5 days on the drying racks, I should be between 2 and 2.5 lbs of dried cured buds in jars. This will be record for me, on my Vertical and regular horizontal grows I average 1.5 to 1.75 lbs.

This was a 5 plant Vertical grow it yielded 26.5 zips/
20180128_105306 (2).jpg

I just ran my first true SCrog in a 4x4 using 3.7' x 3' screen. I am in the late stage of drying right now with about two day before they go into jars for curing.
Looking at wet weight conversion and weighting after 5 days on the drying racks, I should be between 2 and 2.5 lbs of dried cured buds in jars. This will be record for me, on my Vertical and regular horizontal grows I average 1.5 to 1.75 lbs.
2 pounds sounds about right for 16 sq/ft.
Excellent.

@Nunyabiz
My screen is only 11.1 sqft, I have to have room for my fan and irrigation manifold.

Back
Top Bottom