Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

You’re forgiven, but I didn’t look ;)

the other pics are looking good tho! And the seed making project is pretty exciting. Should be some fun poly hybrids
:passitleft:

:thumb: Might still be to often - if so, try every 4-5 minutes. Or even 10minutes.

There’s ways of working it out in advance if you’re inclined. Film has a frames-per-second rate and most standard movies our software spits out are 24fps - but you can sometimes set it yourself for 12fps or 32fps.

if you assume your final will be 24fps - you could decide how long you want the video duration to be, calculate the seconds and then work out how often to take a frame based on that.

or just try a few. Every 5 or 10 minutes a good place to start. Lots of fun!
Hey Aims! Yeah the polyhybrids will be a fun bag of randomly combined good genetics.. something to sift in the future when I’ve got the garden space.

thanks for the advice on the timelapse! A quick google search tells me the best interval for plant growth documenting is 10min, so that’s what I’m testing out today. I was thinking how I could calculate the video length but I was missing those constants you provided me, so thanks again!

that’s what I’m testing out today.
Excellent :popcorn:

hey, So I re-visited some of our old friend early miss last night and it’s so lovely. What’s your knowledge of its genetic background because I’d love to sample its parents or a photo version of something close. I looked it up once, a while back, but don’t remember- I’ll have to look again, maybe I saved it...

:passitleft: Happy Sunday morning from the future!

early miss
From what I remember, early miss is one of the earlier autoflower crosses.. I’m pretty sure CKS is the breeder. It’s a cross of two photoperiodic staples, white widow and big bud.. so you can expect fairly decent yields. It’s also one of the fastest autos around going seed to harvest in only 7 weeks. I remember that cause the first plants I ever grew/ seeds I ever purchased were short rider auto seeds from Nirvana. It’s an early miss (and low ryder) cross and it finished in just 8 weeks.

Thanks! My first one went better than my second - better soil I think. I have 5-6 seeds left of it so quite a bit more future fun. It’s so very relaxing to the mind :)

I might investigate big bud a bit.

Edit: @ChefDGreen I see that Big Bud is also a parent of Auto Pounder which is another fave auto of mine. Not surprising - I like “hashy”.

Thanks for the question DAB.

i got just a simple $25 wyze camera. It’s got a very tiny blue light on the underside of it, shouldn’t cause any problems.

it’s pretty cool. I’m loving being able to check on things outside the house.

Happy Sunday morning from the future!
I keep checking my inbox for the winning lotto numbers..... ;)

i got just a simple $25 wyze camera.
Beauty, I’ve been looking at those, or a doorbell camera or something. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Looking forward to your reviews on it.

I keep checking my inbox for the winning lotto numbers..... ;)

Beauty, I’ve been looking at those, or a doorbell camera or something. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Looking forward to your reviews on it.
I went ahead and bought a microSD right away, something about storing my garden footage on a 3rd party’s cloud with no encryption does not sit well with me. With the SD it stays in local storage until you download it using your same wifi network.. substantially more secure for only 5 extra dollars

Hey everybody,
Today is day 14 and everything is looking great. The four initial seeds have totally taken off and are in full veg by now. The other two plants aren’t far behind either. I gave 2g/gal MC and 8 drops per gallon of superthrive. They’re definitely picking up speed. It’s so fun starting seeds.
Same circle as before; LA Cheese, Xanadu, Garlic Sherbert, Chemdog, Grandpa Punch, Killer A5 Haze

Thanks! My first one went better than my second - better soil I think. I have 5-6 seeds left of it so quite a bit more future fun. It’s so very relaxing to the mind :)

I might investigate big bud a bit.

Edit: @ChefDGreen I see that Big Bud is also a parent of Auto Pounder which is another fave auto of mine. Not surprising - I like “hashy”.
I also love hashy and haven’t really pursued it. Would be nice to have a hash flavored cut.

have you ever tried growing an auto in hydro? I’m excited to do some hempy autos, they should grow nice and large like that.

ever tried growing an auto in hydro?
I’ve not tried hydro of any kind. I can’t see it happening either - I’m just getting back to making my own soil after a couple of years using commercial soil/systems.

So you know how you were talking about Female Seeds before (the makers of Ice etc)? Well, they have a well stabilised White Widow x Big Bud - is that one of the varieties you’re interested in (seeing as it that Early Miss combination)?

I’ve not tried hydro of any kind. I can’t see it happening either - I’m just getting back to making my own soil after a couple of years using commercial soil/systems.

So you know how you were talking about Female Seeds before (the makers of Ice etc)? Well, they have a well stabilised White Widow x Big Bud - is that one of the varieties you’re interested in (seeing as it that Early Miss combination)?
Hmmmm I don’t remember a conversation I had about Female Seeds. I still need to do some digging into hashy plants, but I would definitely consider a stable WWxBigBud to add to the archives. I’ve smoked the white widow from one of the banks that used to be a sponsor here... it’s decent and has a nice smell. Kinda reminds me of a good cheese.

i jump on yours journal hey :lot-o-toke:

are they good those hydro mars ? that you mention ?

i was thinking double Led + one hps for my next grow

:hookah:

you got some cool stickers too hey !!
and those lil seed box , like the one i order online lol

seems to have more choice tho

show me your art
:circle-of-love::thedoubletake::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::yummy:
Welcome to my grow twinsun! @Mars Hydro makes fantastic panels. They use the most efficient diodes on the market and come with a lot of features like a dimmer switch, daisy chain capabilities, drivers you can mount outside of the tent with ease, and full spectrum white light.

my art? How about this one, the first run of the grandpa glue:

I was so behind.
Looking forward to seeing your camera in action.
Bebes look great Chef.
There you are! Its starting to feel like people have forgotten about me! Yeah the camera should be a good bit of fun.. and thank you. They’re coming right along, should be ready to up pot this week for the most part. I read on your thread about the loss of your uncle, I’m truly sorry. :love: :hug:

I love how they’re growing tightly stacked already.. a very good sign from this TS3000 of what’s to come in flower.

There you are! Its starting to feel like people have forgotten about me! Yeah the camera should be a good bit of fun.. and thank you. They’re coming right along, should be ready to up pot this week for the most part. I read on your thread about the loss of your uncle, I’m truly sorry. :love: :hug:

I love how they’re growing tightly stacked already.. a very good sign from this TS3000 of what’s to come in flower.
Sorry. I am so darn behind.
I've had a bit of a rough month.
Still haven't heard what happened to Uncle Billy yet. I appreciate the hugs. :hug:

I haven't been in much in the past few weeks. Think my following has disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom