Mars Hydro Grow Journal TS3000: Chef's New 4x4

Thanks DAB. I was able to use the technique I use for pulling sprouts from perlite. I gently squeezed the sides of the cup while pulling upward on the seed and the entire taproot slid right out. Initially I planned to scoop fairly deep with a spoon and just plant the whole glob in a new cup, but I really didn’t want to damage any roots the Xanadu had put out, so I switched gears. I planted her in her own cup and now we’ll see if she pulls through!

You guys know I like to cram my tent full of plants always, but 8 plants might be excessive. This is going to be very interesting come flip time..:eek:

Thanks Otter! I’m very glad about seeing that seedling popped, even if it was in the wrong cup. I only had the one seed, now those genetics aren’t lost! I’m also quite happy with my 100% success rate just in normal promix.. you don’t often see that.

Thanks Otter! I’m very glad about seeing that seedling popped, even if it was in the wrong cup. I only had the one seed, now those genetics aren’t lost! I’m also quite happy with my 100% success rate just in normal promix.. you don’t often see that.
The last one to boot, and 100% success! That's a good day right there.

You were absolutely right about getting that taken care of now. Would’ve been a headache to try to cut those two apart later on, they were right on top of each other.

I remember seeing something like that of yours! But as I recall your clones are spaced decently, and clones are slightly different. These two seeds had their tap roots right on top of each other in the center of the cup.. I think that would’ve been detrimental to one or both when they eventually got cut apart.. you know what’s funny, I went back through old pictures and there are some chemdog photobombs! Like in this picture!

Alright,
Here we are day 4. They seemed dry enough to give each one about a cup of the previously mentioned MC and superthrive dose solution. So I did just that. Hopefully they take to it and start to grow vigorously!

so far so good. They seem to be praying already. I’ve filled their cups up with more soil for extra stability. I find that’s always helpful.

the LA Cheese is germinating very slowly.. which is promising because that’s how the pheno I’m looking for starts. If I can keep it going until it’s a health seedling I might have found what I was looking for...

We’ve also got the Chemdog! Which sure looks like it’s going to pull through!
I’m very happy that seed is alive in its own cup.

slow rolling, but everything’s going good. The White OG seed popped with a black taproot then stopped doing anything... so I’m fairly certain it’s a dud. That’s okay I guess, I really want this LA Cheese to be what I grew last time, I’ll grow it out as big as I can with everything I’ve learned since I grew it last. That’s all for now
:ciao: :lot-o-toke:

Looks like a pretty good start to me! And that White OG read your mind about the LA Cheese. :)
Happy babies is all you can hope for! I’m really hopeful on the LA Cheese. It was such tasty bud the last time around.
All caught up brother.... got some fire growing in here and keen to follow along
Welcome Bionic! Yeah this round should be some stank buds. Hopefully the seeds I make produce some fire as well.. plenty of space, so go ahead and follow!

:rofl: right there looking at you/us the whole time :D Amazing how they can disappear amongst the ‘dirt’.
Nice starts all!
Really though! You’d think for a seed that massive, no way I lose it. :laugh:

Yes siree! LA Cheese will be fully upright by the days end. If I remember correctly it’ll grow very slow until it gets to about node 4 or 5.. and it should grow only small leaves, no big fans at all.

Hey folks,

little update today, day 6. The four initial seedlings are looking established and getting larger. They’re all working on their second set of true leaves. The other two seeds are putting out their first pair of true leaves still, but in a month you probably won’t notice the difference. LA Cheese looking very happy, praying to the light and putting out jagged leaves. Still slow rolling but we’re gradually picking up steam.
Clockwise starting top left:
LA Cheese
Killer A5 Haze
Garlic Sherbert
Chemdog
Grandpa Punch
Xanadu
That’s pretty much it for now.. I think once the cups are dry I will scratch some wow mycorrhizae into the soil surface and water it in. That should significantly help these plants pick up velocity.
:lot-o-toke:

I’ve also got a fun toy coming on Wednesday that should add an interesting element to my journal!

Back
Top Bottom