Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:high-five:the biggest design between Mars Pro II Epistar and Cree is they are using different brand of chips,so the spectrum will be a little different,but not a big difference:high-five: and Epistar have IR diodes,Cree do not have.:high-five:Also the shape is different.:volcano-smiley:
Grower will get almost the same growing result.:high-five:
That's cool.

I remember I was very much in doubt if I should buy the epistar or cree lamps. Is cree better?

I would love if the lamps could be controlled with wi-fi. I have a few other ideas what should be included in such a lamp:

- heat and humidity sensor
- Camera so you can observe your plants from your computer - with the same program you use to control the lamp

In Mars Pro, the heat and humidity sensor were in the remote control. It should have been in the lamp instead so you could use the lamp to supervise the grow-room.

The IR diodes - Do they look like little red bulbs only without light?

I see on every lamp there is a pattern with 4 bulbs I think that look different from the red/blue. Is that the IR-diodes?

The camera in the lamp should also filter out the red/blue spectrum so the plants look normal :) Like an automatic white balance function that adjust itself depending on lamp color spectrum settings

Very happy. After I figured out it was the remote controller that kept changing the lamp programs, I just removed the batteries from the remote controller after programming the lamp. Voila! No more problems. Been using the lamp for mothers and clones for quite a while now and I love the adjustment possibilities. I do miss that a little bit with Mars pro II.

Maybe in the future you'll release another lamp with remote controller?

And if you do, can you make it a KISS remote. Simplify, it doesn't need to be able to call out for pizza! :drool:

:high-five:Yes,the remote system is complicated to set up and use.Once the smart system got problem,only our Chinese factory can solve it.Yeah,you didn't great job,take out the barries,and re-turn on the light,then it will be full spectrum light,it will not have problem.:goodjob:
You still like light with remote controller? i will talk with our engineer ,we may design another model of remote control LED light.:high-five:
Actually we are always keeping develop better LED grow light,so far,we are focus on WIFI control system light.Wish our new lights will meet you guys soon.:bravo:

WIFI might be good,, as long as nobody hacks into your LAN :)

Some US gov't lady told me that Russia is watching my crop through the hidden cameras in my Chinese lights. :thedoubletake:

yeah. Must have some sort of encryption on the camera I guess :) So not the entire neighborhood get your crop on their screen

I receive my new Mars Pro II epistar 80! :thumb:
And i got the green glasses has freebie, the picture was taken with the glasses in front of the camera.

marshydroproII80.jpg

Nice weezze

@DeVille
Thats the problem with the wifi signal unless you can change the name on it and its a password secure setup. Imagine what would happen if someone connected or even seen a wifi called marsPro or something maybe keeping it simple is best but improving on spectrum and penetration should be the main focus.... should have a idea think tank to design a new light with growers.

This is her

Absolutely turn on both! The only time I use veg only is the first week or so of seedling. After that its full spectrum all the way. Hit that switch now and in a couple days you will see why you shoulda sooner :)

Back
Top Bottom