McBudz Perpetual Journal

hey McB, tents lookin great! i have a question for ya about your veg. table. im assuming your under the bed tote that you use is about 2 x 4 , and i know you veg 12 plants to around 10-12 " . do you think a 4x4 tray will be big enough to veg 24 plants ? i am looking to get them a lil bigger before i go to flower, and ill need a little extra space in between them for some LST as well. thanks.

hey McB, tents lookin great! i have a question for ya about your veg. table. im assuming your under the bed tote that you use is about 2 x 4 , and i know you veg 12 plants to around 10-12 " . do you think a 4x4 tray will be big enough to veg 24 plants ? i am looking to get them a lil bigger before i go to flower, and ill need a little extra space in between them for some LST as well. thanks.

Yeah I'm at just about 2x4 and have space for 12 vertical-ish plants. If really LSTing 24 plants out on a 4x4 table you will be tight just because LST brings them out wide.

OMG man, those 2 600hps are doing wonderful things. I don't know what i would do with all that bud.

Yeah know that they are new bulbs its a lil brighter in there. You can see the difference. About the buds... :roorrip:

Looking very nice, I love how close in height your flower room is. Your method is dead nuts, and your plants are showing it. I am very jealous of the chocolope, I have heard great things about that girl. Glad to see all is well your garden, take care and have a great weekend.

Thanks Slo.. HAve a couple choco clones vegging right now in the closet. Once I get a feel for them I can move forward with a choco only grow. Until I take a clone or 2 all the way I'm sticking with the BW as it is a known good plant. The PE was cut down and thrown out to make room. Was never as dense as the BW.

Just read the entire journal. Took me a day but I was very interested. That is some pretty good yield for the lights you're using. I like how you don't try and overdo it with hefty and hot 1k watt bulbs. You show that dank ass bud can grow using just enough wattage. I'm definitely subscribed to this journal and its definitely helping inspire me to do perpetual with an ebb & flow sog setup.

My two cents.
Power outages can be a big problem. For my computer ( 1kw power supply) i used battery back ups which would keep my modem and computer alive for 30 minutes by itself. Just makes me wonder if you could plug your lights and timers into it for a more constant schedule. (in case of those mishaps that happened with power turning on and off). I think they were ACP units and ran about 80-120$ US. Not completely positive if you could pull 1,200w out of it, but I would think so.

Another question, where did you get those nemesis seeds? I know you say it doesn't yield much but I bet the THC content in that is way high. They look like a nice strain.

Just read the entire journal. Took me a day but I was very interested. That is some pretty good yield for the lights you're using. I like how you don't try and overdo it with hefty and hot 1k watt bulbs. You show that dank ass bud can grow using just enough wattage. I'm definitely subscribed to this journal and its definitely helping inspire me to do perpetual with an ebb & flow sog setup.

My two cents.
Power outages can be a big problem. For my computer ( 1kw power supply) i used battery back ups which would keep my modem and computer alive for 30 minutes by itself. Just makes me wonder if you could plug your lights and timers into it for a more constant schedule. (in case of those mishaps that happened with power turning on and off). I think they were ACP units and ran about 80-120$ US. Not completely positive if you could pull 1,200w out of it, but I would think so.

Another question, where did you get those nemesis seeds? I know you say it doesn't yield much but I bet the THC content in that is way high. They look like a nice strain.

Thanks for the advice.. I've thought about getting the delayed start module CAP makes. It senses a power outage and delays restart 15 minutes to give adequate cool down of the lamps.

Mcbud how long did your plant grow before you took some cuttings from your chocolope mom? I'm curious because I have ak-47, chocolope and vanilla kush and I'm deciding on wich one I should make a mom first. Also is there a certain ppm range that you keep the chocolope or any past or current moms at?

I'd have to look through my journal to figure that out. I dont count weeks or days with moms. I just take a cutting when I can without compromising its ability to grow more cuttings.

I feed my moms about once a week or so with 10ml FF GrowBig and 2ml cal-mag plus. Dont know the ppm's. If they are looking pale at the tops I'll feed with a little more frequency. If they look like they are cooking I'll back off. I just try to keep them alive.

Looks like my Chocolope Mom may have been from Around 1st or march and the first cuttings I took for test were 3 weeks ago. So it was about 5 weeks or or so when I took first cuttings...

If you want to have numerous cuttings sites then I'd recommend going 8 weeks and train and top the plant to really give good amount of cutting sites.

Some pic updates..

here is a pic of my SB mom.. very very very stinky plant. Almost repugnant until your senses get used to it.

DSCN08931.JPG

The vegging clones.. Topped them today. I really like the effect I got from the last round so I think I'll keep doing it.

DSCN08941.JPG

DSCN08951.JPG

SB Clone.. Very short and tight internodes. Not sure how this specific genetic is going to play out in my setup. it really is going to have to gain some vertical height soon and during the stretch or just pack on serious friggin weight if its going to hang around my setup. Sorry forgot to rotate it first..

DSCN08961.JPG

BW cones in flower at 10days:

DSCN08981.JPG

DSCN08991.JPG

DSCN09051.JPG

DSCN09061.JPG

The 5 week 5 day into flower BW and PE in the back

DSCN09001.JPG

DSCN09011.JPG

DSCN09021.JPG

DSCN09031.JPG

DSCN09041.JPG

:smokin:

Not that the plants aren't awesome - but I think I'm always most struck by how uniform everything is. To me this shows that its not luck!

Good stuff as always!

:thumb:

OMG I see a yellow tip on a leaf.....giggle.....your grows are always the best!!

Thanks pit ;)

Not that the plants aren't awesome - but I think I'm always most struck by how uniform everything is. To me this shows that its not luck!

Good stuff as always!

:thumb:

Thank you papa green. Uniformity is just the side benefit of doing everything from clones. Just so happens that my PE and BW happen to have almost the same identical growth traits. Also started doing something else a little different..

Instead of putting the tallest strongest plants directly under my light I put them out on the perimeter and put the lagging plants right under the light. Everything tends to even out a bit more. If it doesnt then you end up with a concave canopy which still isnt that bad since you get good light to the outer
colas. I feel like when the tallest colas are in the middle "convex" you are "shading" the outers a bit. Especially when there is a large difference in height.

Looks like everything is back on track McB!

Always a beautiful site to see!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sf

Thanks bud. Hopefully with everything dialed in a bit better we can start harvesting some weight again. :)

Thanks pit ;)

Thank you papa green. Uniformity is just the side benefit of doing everything from clones. Just so happens that my PE and BW happen to have almost the same identical growth traits. Also started doing something else a little different..

Instead of putting the tallest strongest plants directly under my light I put them out on the perimeter and put the lagging plants right under the light. Everything tends to even out a bit more. If it doesnt then you end up with a concave canopy which still isnt that bad since you get good light to the outer
colas. I feel like when the tallest colas are in the middle "convex" you are "shading" the outers a bit. Especially when there is a large difference in height.

Thanks bud. Hopefully with everything dialed in a bit better we can start harvesting some weight again. :)

I think you're being too modest as far as giving credit to the clones. Yes it helps, but one can see in plenty of other journals (including unfortunately mine) that clones does not necessarily equal uniformity. Frankly the variation in my plants almost always stems from little goof ups I make while cloning or watering baby clones.

And I agree 100% on putting the plants like a stadium.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom